• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

'Gay' lifestyle = higher cancer rates

A study published in the journal Cancer reveals homosexuals are twice as likely to have had cancer than are heterosexual men.

While it is not the first research to come to that conclusion, Dr. Andre Van Mol of the Christian Medical & Dental Association says the one published in Cancer serves as verification.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Back in the 1980's evangelicals took a lot of heat for suggesting that Aids was God's judgment on the culture's embracing the homosexual culture. I wonder how long people will deny that God is not mocked...what a man sows he will reap.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

Back in the 1980's evangelicals took a lot of heat for suggesting that Aids was God's judgment on the culture's embracing the homosexual culture. I wonder how long people will deny that God is not mocked...what a man sows he will reap.

I understand what your saying and in some ways I do agree with you, when we transgress His ways He does send punishments our way to straighten us out. The problem I have with saying this disease is a punishment from God is that this kind of judgment would come to the individual at the judgment seat of Yeshua. And would death from aids for those who unknowingly were infected be His judgment also, I personally do not think it is.

The homosexual groups have contended the statistics would be better if their lifestyle were more accepted by society. Van Mol counters that argument.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I am not so sure it is His judgment upon that group of people (after all, His feelings towards them are that their actions are sin, but He loved them enough to send Christ to die for them, and He is slow to anger, abounding in grace and mercy) rather that this is Him allowing people who violate His will, to experience the natural consequences of that behavior. I have done some research on this particular issue at work and the results were similar, active homosexuals cost the health care system a lot more than heterosexuals do. There is a great thread on this topic, try to seek out BlindSeekers thread on 'the error of the homosexual', it is a fantastic read.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I think I found it?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I think I found it?

Thank you Neb, yes that is the thread I was thinking of. It was perhaps the best thread on the homosexual issue that I have read here at worthy. It really ought to be pinned :thumbsup: .

• Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Also, the last statistics I researched showed a greater rate of HIV/AIDS disease per capita and population in the homosexual field than that of their counter parts... Considering the factor that there are 9 times more populace in the heterosexual community than their counter , yet stats. show more populace HIV/AIDS in the homosexual community....Not very good odds.

Gay' lifestyle = higher cancer rates

A study published in the journal Cancer reveals homosexuals are twice as likely to have had cancer than are heterosexual men.

While it is not the first research to come to that conclusion, Dr. Andre Van Mol of the Christian Medical & Dental Association says the one published in Cancer serves as verification.

"The study's main author, a Dr. Boehmer from Boston University, noted in an interview she did on this that the higher rates of cancer are both HIV-related and not," states Van Mol.

In 1979 the book The Gay Report -- written by two authorities on homosexuality -- pointed to the lifestyle as a heavy contributor to cancer. "What the authors found was that the sexual practices common in the gay and lesbian communities were of a nature that would have unhealthful consequences," according to Van Mol.

The doctor points out there is a higher rate of sexually transmitted diseases and bowel disease, plus cancer related to alcohol and tobacco abuse which is also fairly common among homosexuals. Lesbians also reportedly have a higher rate of cancer than their heterosexual counterparts.

The homosexual groups have contended the statistics would be better if their lifestyle were more accepted by society. Van Mol counters that argument.

"We see in Northern Europe and in Canada -- where the GLBT community enjoys very supportive governments, affirmation, and even celebration from liberal churches, and a public coerced into silence by hate speech codes -- that their health statistics are every bit as bad," he concludes.

Link

Guest SDGS

I am so insulted by that statement. How very jerry fallwell. If that is true, then i have metastasized untreated cancer because i am a dirty sinner.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

I am so insulted by that statement. How very jerry fallwell. If that is true, then i have metastasized untreated cancer because i am a dirty sinner.

Short statements unqualified will get you in trouble....its the limitations of this type of forum...Yes all sickness is caused by the presence of sin in the world. It might not be your sin specifically...but all all suffering is the result of a world that chose to serve the creature rather than the creator...But thank God for His mercy that promises us that even this suffering is serving a greater purpose Romans 8:28-29...No offense and certainly no judgment intended