• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I know the day and hour minute and second of the lords return.. Some day some, some hour, some minute some second. See that is not so hard. If you want to be any mor precise then that then sorry only the Father knows and he knows how too keep a secret

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I think the best answer I heard was that Jesus would return at the 2am hour (noting that the Time Zone was not specified).

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/04/1981

21 October, 2011

http://www.news.com....i-1226061822767

What is devastating about this, is that he has not learned nor repented. This is now the third date he has set, which demonstrates a clear inadequacy in his understanding of the Word and it's message about the second coming. I had hoped this embarassment would cause a desire to be introspective, examine why he was wrong, but it has not done that. Pray for those who did follow him, that they would clearly see this man for what he is, a false prophet, and seek the the Lord.

amen to that!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

I've been a part of churches that I sensed were on the wrong path, or that were pushing doctrines that were a product of a man's opinion (generally the pastor) instead of being based on Biblical teaching. I am no longer a part of those churches because I actually read my own Bible to make sure whatever is being preached is actually Scriptural. My current pastor warns us to do this. He tells us to make sure he isn't wrong. Why is this so difficult for some to grasp?

I was in my teens, a young Christian who'd been saved only for a year or so when I left the church I'd attended most of my childhood because decisions that were being made were based on politics instead of faith. I was hardly deeply grounded in the Word then, but I knew enough to pick up my Bible and seek out the Lord's will and teaching. I just cannot understand how people get sucked in by teaching as obviously flawed as this. I'm not condemning them. My heart breaks for those who have now lost everything because they chose to follow a man instead of God. But it doesn't change the fact that they have no one to blame but themselves as it was their personal responsibility to confirm the validity of Camping's teaching.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Hey I go to a church where we can stand up and say "please explain, I have another take on that"....

Does not happen too often, but the freedom is there and it keeps everyone on their toes :cool:

If it does happen it is noted and discussed after the lesson, so that there is not a bun fight. But everyone is then aware that there might be a correction needed either way...

If you run into one of his followers ask them if they really believe that the culmination of all things, the Master Plan of all time, was not entrusted to Yeshua...but to Harold Camping.

He should be the only one "taken away" for this.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

The lesson he learned AJ is that "If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!" :laugh: The scary this is, if he continues guessing, one of these times he may be right! :taped:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day :24:

Let me write that date down............................................... :huh:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

If you run into one of his followers ask them if they really believe that the culmination of all things, the Master Plan of all time, was not entrusted to Yeshua...but to Harold Camping.

I presume you mean by the same guys that come searching for wyguy every now and again. You know, the ones that try and hide the straight jacket behind their backs as they surround him :whistling:

• Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Shhh they are looking for me as well!!!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  33

I presume you mean by the same guys that come searching for wyguy every now and again. You know, the ones that try and hide the straight jacket behind their backs as they surround him :whistling:

I think Yod is referring to the belief that the in the rapture, wicked are taken, not the righteous. Hence if Camping needs to be taken...