ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

the failed prophecy did more than just damage Camping's credibility: It also appears to have caused death and serious injury to true believers.

A California woman named Lyn Benedetto was one of millions who heard Camping's message, and became concerned that her daughters would suffer terribly in the coming apocalypse. She allegedly forced her daughters, 11 and 14, to lie on a bed and then cut their throats with a box cutter. She then tried to kill herself, though police arrested Benedetto and all three survived.

Others were not so lucky. An elderly man in Taiwan reportedly killed himself on May 5 ahead of the Rapture by jumping out of a building. He had heard that doomsday was imminent, and had taken recent earthquakes and tsunamis as early warning signs.

There were other unconfirmed reports of doomsday-related suicides around the world as well.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20110523/sc_livescience/faileddoomsdayhasrealdeadlyconsequences

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

that is really sad..... Like forest Gumps mother says, you just can't fix stupid..... and there's more than plenty to go around with this situation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Won't matter to Mr. Camping; he is certifiable.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

The whole thing is a construct of the master of deception...and there is a whole lot more coming...

Guest Butero

While Harold Camping's predictions were definately wrong, and he was doing something he shouldn't have been doing, it is hard for me to blame him for the kind of stories mentioned in this thread. Those people were obviously unstable to begin with. Had Camping not come along, they would have probably had some other event set them off? Why would they try to commit suicide? Why not simply pray? You could have a main stream Bible teacher simply say we are nearing the end based on the signs of the times and some unstable soul would react like these people did.

We need to quit trying to set dates, and live like Jesus could come back right now. Simply preach the gospel as recorded plainly in scripture, and quit trying to find "hidden Bible codes" and quit trying to guess the date of the Lord's return based on past events. Let's take the 6000 year theory for instance. While it may seem logical to men to think that Jesus will return in the year 6000 from the beginning of creation, God never comes out and says that. We can calculate dates, and they will likely continue to come and go, and people will mock us. Just preach the Word of God.

Guest LadyC

trying to figure out how a woman managed to force a teenager and a pre-teen to lay in bed while she slit their throats. i'm not buying that one. she had to have had help.

i'm also kinda surprised that these other doomsday deaths occurred before may 21. seems to me people would just say ok God, make me ready to go with you! i have a hard time believing those were really about this stupid prophecy.

i actually expected to open this thread and find that a lot of camping's followers committed suicide SINCE the day of rapture came and went. after all, those are the ones who gave up everything they owned, sold their homes and emptied their bank accounts, thinking they didn't need them. they're the ones i would have expected to be killing themselves left and right. and those are the ones who camping will certainly be held accountable for on judgment day.

that is really sad..... Like forest Gump's mother says, you just can't fix stupid..... and there's more than plenty to go around with this situation.

:24: :24:

Okay, off topic, but: You must have worked at the same company I did at one time . . . :whistling: