trinity explained

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

so telling the holy spirit we love him is illegal worshiping     is it worship when I tell my wife I love her?

I don't read anywhere that the early church used musical instruments so it that not allowed in church?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

I must go to an appointment in 30 min.  I will come back later.

3 hours ago, other one said:

so telling the holy spirit we love him is illegal worshiping     is it worship when I tell my wife I love her?

I don't read anywhere that the early church used musical instruments so it that not allowed in church?

David seems to have used flute and harp, and many of the Psalms were written to be accompanied with musical instruments.  Trumpets were sounded at the Temple of Israel.  Can't say I'm personally enthusiastic for drums or electric guitars, but I'm not against all musical instruments.  

What does telling your wife that you love her, have to do with believing (or not) that the Spirit is a third divine person?  I don't get the connection.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 minute ago, Resurrection Priest said:

David seems to have used flute and harp, and many of the Psalms were written to be accompanied with musical instruments.  Trumpets were sounded at the Temple of Israel.  Can't say I'm personally enthusiastic for drums or electric guitars, but I'm not against all musical instruments.  

What does telling your wife that you love her, have to do with believing (or not) that the Spirit is a third divine person?  I don't get the connection.

saying you love the Holy Spirit is no different than saying I love my wife from my view point....   and there is a difference in what happened in the Temple and what happened in the early church...   Early church did not use musical instruments so from your view neither should we....    and not seeing the Holy Spirit as a stand alone entity is questionable viewpoint...    and I don't think debating it is productive.....   but saying that I can't say I love the Holy Spirit no matter what it is, is just wrong

2 minutes ago, other one said:

not seeing the Holy Spirit as a stand alone entity is questionable viewpoint...    and I don't think debating it is productive.....

Your choice.  I understand.  But I don't think I should believe something based on the view held by the majority.   The majority is not always right.