trinity explained

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

That begs the obvious question, when Jesus the Son of God was on earth, did He not have a mind (Luke 2:52), a will (Luke 22:42), a memory ? Did He have personality, temperment and emotions (John 11:35)?

He sure did and He also had the mind of God

The Truth is there is no Trinity; this has been a doctrine that has infiltrated the church since 325 AD in the Council of Nicea. Some of the church fathers of old like Tertullian brought this heresy into the church till they had to have a council of the bishops to discuss the creed. Which was later indoctrinated into the Apostles Creed. God is Spirit and not flesh however he dwelt in the fullness of Christ bodily making Jesus Emanuelle God with us. Jesus is his one and only begotten Son not adopted like we are. Jesus is the only person in the Godhead and the Holy Spirit is God He is Spirit and He is holy, the only eternal being. With no beginning and no end. Its obvious that Jesus had a beginning and that was his bodily appearance almost 2000 years ago. However he existed in the bosom of God or Spirit of God from all eternity but was spoken into being at his advent. Jesus Christ (Yeshua) was the spoken word manifested unto us as a perfect sacrifice for the sins of the world. Hallelujah. Any further explanation can be made if needed...

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

The Truth is there is no Trinity; this has been a doctrine that has infiltrated the church since 325 AD in the Council of Nicea. Some of the church fathers of old like Tertullian brought this heresy into the church till they had to have a council of the bishops to discuss the creed. Which was later indoctrinated into the Apostles Creed. God is Spirit and not flesh however he dwelt in the fullness of Christ bodily making Jesus Emanuelle God with us. Jesus is his one and only begotten Son not adopted like we are. Jesus is the only person in the Godhead and the Holy Spirit is God He is Spirit and He is holy, the only eternal being. With no beginning and no end. Its obvious that Jesus had a beginning and that was his bodily appearance almost 2000 years ago. However he existed in the bosom of God or Spirit of God from all eternity but was spoken into being at his advent. Jesus Christ (Yeshua) was the spoken word manifested unto us as a perfect sacrifice for the sins of the world. Hallelujah. Any further explanation can be made if needed...

Gee, that goes against what the bible tells us. You make it sound like God is schizophrenic. He is not. God is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

What does God teach about the Trinity.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Trinity-Bible.html

Question: "What does the Bible teach about the Trinity?"

Answer: 
The most difficult thing about the Christian concept of the Trinity is that there is no way to perfectly and completely understand it. The Trinity is a concept that is impossible for any human being to fully understand, let alone explain. God is infinitely greater than we are; therefore, we should not expect to be able to fully understand Him. The Bible teaches that the Father is God, that Jesus is God, and that the Holy Spirit is God. The Bible also teaches that there is only one God. Though we can understand some facts about the relationship of the different Persons of the Trinity to one another, ultimately, it is incomprehensible to the human mind. However, this does not mean the Trinity is not true or that it is not based on the teachings of the Bible.

The Trinity is one God existing in three Persons. Understand that this is not in any way suggesting three Gods. Keep in mind when studying this subject that the word “Trinity” is not found in Scripture. This is a term that is used to attempt to describe the triune God—three coexistent, co-eternal Persons who make up God. Of real importance is that the concept represented by the word “Trinity” does exist in Scripture. The following is what God’s Word says about the Trinity:

1) There is one God (Deuteronomy 6:41 Corinthians 8:4Galatians 3:201 Timothy 2:5).

2) The Trinity consists of three Persons (Genesis 1:1263:2211:7Isaiah 6:848:1661:1Matthew 3:16-17,28:192 Corinthians 13:14). In Genesis 1:1, the Hebrew plural noun "Elohim" is used. In Genesis 1:263:2211:7and Isaiah 6:8, the plural pronoun for “us” is used. The word "Elohim" and the pronoun “us” are plural forms, definitely referring in the Hebrew language to more than two. While this is not an explicit argument for the Trinity, it does denote the aspect of plurality in God. The Hebrew word for "God," "Elohim," definitely allows for the Trinity.

In Isaiah 48:16 and 61:1, the Son is speaking while making reference to the Father and the Holy Spirit. CompareIsaiah 61:1 to Luke 4:14-19 to see that it is the Son speaking. Matthew 3:16-17 describes the event of Jesus' baptism. Seen in this passage is God the Holy Spirit descending on God the Son while God the Father proclaims His pleasure in the Son. Matthew 28:19 and 2 Corinthians 13:14 are examples of three distinct Persons in the Trinity.

3) The members of the Trinity are distinguished one from another in various passages. In the Old Testament, “LORD” is distinguished from “Lord” (Genesis 19:24Hosea 1:4). The LORD has a Son (Psalm 2:712Proverbs 30:2-4). The Spirit is distinguished from the “LORD” (Numbers 27:18) and from “God” (Psalm 51:10-12). God the Son is distinguished from God the Father (Psalm 45:6-7Hebrews 1:8-9). In the New Testament, Jesus speaks to the Father about sending a Helper, the Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17). This shows that Jesus did not consider Himself to be the Father or the Holy Spirit. Consider also all the other times in the Gospels where Jesus speaks to the Father. Was He speaking to Himself? No. He spoke to another Person in the Trinity—the Father.

4) Each member of the Trinity is God. The Father is God (John 6:27Romans 1:71 Peter 1:2). The Son is God (John 1:114Romans 9:5Colossians 2:9Hebrews 1:81 John 5:20). The Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3-41 Corinthians 3:16).

5) There is subordination within the Trinity. Scripture shows that the Holy Spirit is subordinate to the Father and the Son, and the Son is subordinate to the Father. This is an internal relationship and does not deny the deity of any Person of the Trinity. This is simply an area which our finite minds cannot understand concerning the infinite God. Concerning the Son see Luke 22:42John 5:36John 20:21, and 1 John 4:14. Concerning the Holy Spirit see John 14:1614:2615:2616:7, and especially John 16:13-14.

6) The individual members of the Trinity have different tasks. The Father is the ultimate source or cause of the universe (1 Corinthians 8:6Revelation 4:11); divine revelation (Revelation 1:1); salvation (John 3:16-17); and Jesus' human works (John 5:1714:10). The Father initiates all of these things.

The Son is the agent through whom the Father does the following works: the creation and maintenance of the universe (1 Corinthians 8:6John 1:3Colossians 1:16-17); divine revelation (John 1:116:12-15Matthew 11:27;Revelation 1:1); and salvation (2 Corinthians 5:19Matthew 1:21John 4:42). The Father does all these things through the Son, who functions as His agent.

The Holy Spirit is the means by whom the Father does the following works: creation and maintenance of the universe (Genesis 1:2Job 26:13Psalm 104:30); divine revelation (John 16:12-15Ephesians 3:52 Peter 1:21); salvation (John 3:6Titus 3:51 Peter 1:2); and Jesus' works (Isaiah 61:1Acts 10:38). Thus, the Father does all these things by the power of the Holy Spirit.

There have been many attempts to develop illustrations of the Trinity. However, none of the popular illustrations are completely accurate. The egg (or apple) fails in that the shell, white, and yolk are parts of the egg, not the egg in themselves, just as the skin, flesh, and seeds of the apple are parts of it, not the apple itself. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are not parts of God; each of them is God. The water illustration is somewhat better, but it still fails to adequately describe the Trinity. Liquid, vapor, and ice are forms of water. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are not forms of God, each of them is God. So, while these illustrations may give us a picture of the Trinity, the picture is not entirely accurate. An infinite God cannot be fully described by a finite illustration.

The doctrine of the Trinity has been a divisive issue throughout the entire history of the Christian church. While the core aspects of the Trinity are clearly presented in God’s Word, some of the side issues are not as explicitly clear. The Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God—but there is only one God. That is the biblical doctrine of the Trinity. Beyond that, the issues are, to a certain extent, debatable and non-essential. Rather than attempting to fully define the Trinity with our finite human minds, we would be better served by focusing on the fact of God's greatness and His infinitely higher nature. “Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?” (Romans 11:33-34).

http://www.gotquestions.org/Trinity-Bible.html

Edited by bopeep1909

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  226
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  05/15/1954

Some thoughts for the non Trinitarians,

Why would the Holy Spirit send greetings (from heaven) when He is here on earth?

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you

another

Comforter,

that he may abide with you for ever;

2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

The Son is the one to be glorified and the son will glorify the father.

The Holy Spirit does not speak of Himself

John 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

The Father is in the Son and the Son is in the Father but we are put in the Father and in the Son and the Father and the Son come into us.

One is the way it is naturally whereas the other is caused to happen.

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Interesting. . . Though I do not see how this exert of history proves your conclusion, the only derived implication found is your opinion. So I would be interested in your scriptural reasoning behind this.

As for Jesus Christ: if you believe the bible, then you must believe that Jesus in fact was there with God in the creation of the earth, not only does John 1 inform us of Him being there, but goes as far as saying the word WAS God. Not meaning "was" as an past-tense, but that Jesus is in fact God in the flesh.

Considering the bolded statement, where is the scripture for that? As I pointed out in John 1, it explains that the Word [Jesus] was there with God, not in His "bosom" as you explain. As OneLight pointed out, that is not scriptural, therefore is rejected.

So I absolutely need a further reasoning and SCRIPTURAL, based response, that would be much appreciated, thank you and God bless you! :)

The Word of God was first spoken and then written for our edification and salvation. It pleased The Eternal One to have His fullness dwell within Jesus His Son. So Christ said that he would send the comforter in His Name to lead us into all Truth. This comforter as we all know is the Spirit of God. The Word as it is written today is not subject to no one's interpretation, it is solely interpreted by the Spirit of God and will only be interpreted or revealed by the Spirit of God here a little there a little line upon line precept upon precept. So let the Holy Spirit reveal His Word to you and theTruth will set you free...Amen and Shalom.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Hear O Israel, our Lord is one God. :) That is what I believe. Jesus said we will come and make our abode with him because he keeps our words. I believe that which is evidenced in my keeping his words. :) Scripture states that Jesus proceeded out of God just as the Comforter proceeds out of God and that the heaven of heavens cannot contain God. I believe that. :) Do I need to understand it? Nope. Just obey it and therefore fully expect to experience it in its fullness in the fullness of time. :) Forbid them not, he who is not against us is for us and the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all who hold the truth in unrighteousness, therefore the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Unity of the Spirit through the love, peace, joy, patience, meekness, goodness, gentleness and faith we share when we are in Christ and Christ in us is victory. Speak the truth in love and give others the opportunity to do with it what they will and receive in themselves their proper reward.

shalom.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, seems like a good way to begin the day here at Worthy...

Years ago a friend shared this analogy concerning the doctrine of the Trinity:

If you have ever had the opportunity to taste some cherry pie that is southern in nature (folks from the north make it different), then you may already have a head start. In the north, you can cut a piece of cherry pie, take it out of the pan, and walk it to the table. Not so with southern style, you better have your plate right up against the pan to get some! When you look down at the pie crust, you see three pieces cut, but underneath that crust...the filling(which is one in essence and nature), can not be seperated with a knife. As a man, I'll never understand just how this all works, but I believe this to be true, and my faith in God is not shaken, but rather, strengthened!

Thanks for bearing with me this morning.

God bless yall,

Randal

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/11/1964

I used to constantly try and figure the trinity out. Now i've accepted that my fallible, finite human brain cannot comprehend an infinite, infallible eternal being. There's many illustrations that can be used to give us a vague idea of how the trinity is but that example unfortunetly doesn't really help me but confuse me. I don't think we can just explain it really... just my 2 cents and that isn't worth much smile.gif..

Php 2:6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,...

Yes, I agree with you, that our finite brains cannot fully comprehend

Maybe with our new Glorified bodies include a new an improved brain, so we will be better able to comprehend God.

Doesn’t the Holy Bible promise us somewhere that we will be learning new things about our God every day, for all of eternity.

Sorry that my explanation only confused you more

I thought that the mind-body-soul(personality) represented the Father-Son-Holy-Spirit

but this was me using my finite mind,

to try and explain our similarities to the Infinate Being