seeking truth

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1

[edit to thread title] should be " City demands keys to businesses and some rental properties" ( I copied title from blog and meant to edit it before posting)

"Ordinance #2740( An unfunded city-wide mandate) was passed with a resounding 6 to 1 vote, and it allows for the citizens of Cedar Falls to forcefully give the government keys to their commercial properties through universal 'lock boxes'. The intent of the program is to provide increased safety and protection to personal, private property which include businesses... and some rental houses-- ......"

Erosion of our freedoms and liberty always comes under the guise of 'keeping us safe'.

Edited by seeking truth

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

sounds like they need a new group of council members. most places have ways of recalling members, and then there is the just take the dudes and dudets. to court.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

sounds like they need a new group of council members. most places have ways of recalling members, and then there is the just take the dudes and dudets. to court.

I hear what you are saying in regard to fighting this.

However, to me this seems to be part of a pattern of a blatant disregard for our liberties. Even though I am Canadian, not American, it seems like everywhere we turn in our shared culture/society and our so called 'free democracies' there is this push by government to restrict our ability to live our lives unmolested by government intrusion. It seems that they want to micromanage every facet of our lives......... and this idea of wanting keys to businesses and some private residents just serves to underscore a broader agenda in this regard....... imho.

Like I said, this ecnroachment on our freedoms always seems to come under the guise of keeping us safer.

So.......... is it the responsibilty of a government to protect us from the 'risk' of life?

Edited by seeking truth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

[edit to thread title] should be " City demands keys to businesses and some rental properties" ( I copied title from blog and meant to edit it before posting)

"Ordinance #2740( An unfunded city-wide mandate) was passed with a resounding 6 to 1 vote, and it allows for the citizens of Cedar Falls to forcefully give the government keys to their commercial properties through universal 'lock boxes'. The intent of the program is to provide increased safety and protection to personal, private property which include businesses... and some rental houses-- ......"

Erosion of our freedoms and liberty always comes under the guise of 'keeping us safe'.

Reminds me o the Patriot Act.