~candice~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Just wondering if you can help identify who "He/he" is in these passages, and which temple? Commentary seems to debate between it referring to Joshua and the temple of Zerubbabel, and Jesus and the Church.

Zec 6:12 And speak to him, saying, So says Jehovah of Hosts, saying, Behold! The Man whose name is THE BRANCH! And He shall spring up out of His place, and He shall build the temple of Jehovah.

Zec 6:13 Even He shall build the temple of Jehovah; and He shall bear the majesty, and shall sit and rule on His throne. And He shall be a priest on His throne; and the counsel of peace shall be between the two of them.

or

Zec 6:12 And say to him, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts, "Behold, the man whose name is the Branch: for he shall branch out from his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD.

Zec 6:13 It is he who shall build the temple of the LORD and shall bear royal honor, and shall sit and rule on his throne. And there shall be a priest on his throne, and the counsel of peace shall be between them both."'

Seems to me it's about Jesus coming from the line of David ?

I'm a novice at prophecy.

Is this one of those prophecies that will have a DUAL fulfilment, immediately in Joshua and again later in Christ?

Thanks

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

Just wondering if you can help identify who "He/he" is in these passages, and which temple? Commentary seems to debate between it referring to Joshua and the temple of Zerubbabel, and Jesus and the Church.

Zec 6:12 And speak to him, saying, So says Jehovah of Hosts, saying, Behold! The Man whose name is THE BRANCH! And He shall spring up out of His place, and He shall build the temple of Jehovah.

Zec 6:13 Even He shall build the temple of Jehovah; and He shall bear the majesty, and shall sit and rule on His throne. And He shall be a priest on His throne; and the counsel of peace shall be between the two of them.

or

Zec 6:12 And say to him, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts, "Behold, the man whose name is the Branch: for he shall branch out from his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD.

Zec 6:13 It is he who shall build the temple of the LORD and shall bear royal honor, and shall sit and rule on his throne. And there shall be a priest on his throne, and the counsel of peace shall be between them both."'

Is this one of those prophecies that will have a DUAL fulfilment, immediately in Joshua and again later in Christ?

Thanks

It is Yeshua who is the Branch. Joshua the one who lead the people across the Jordan to the land was not from tribe of Judah or the line of David, although Caleb was his father joined with the Israelites and therefore was 'grafted' into Judah. If you read through the chpt its talking about who will build the temple, who would bear the glory of God only the Messiah can do that. The name Yeshua is Joshua in Aramaic or the shortened form of it. One reason sometimes we need to look into the original languages so we don't miss the meanings hidden in them. I do believe its a dual prophecy as I see many of them are, first Messiah comes to bring the start of the restoration He is the Messiah yet when He returns it will be with a crown and will rule over the whole world.

shalom,

Mizz

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

This isn't the same Joshua that lead them across the border though, this is far later in history than that.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

or

Thanks

I think that the Branch refers to Jesus & the Body.

It does speak of Jesus coming from the line of David, which is said plainer in Isaiah 11:1~And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse,and a Branch shall grow out of his (or His?--my question) roots.

I am undecided on whether the 'rod' & the 'Branch' both refer to Jesus or if 'rod' speaks of Jesus & 'Branch' is Jesus & the Body. Leaning toward the latter of the two though.

Jesus did say that He was the vine & we are the branches in John 15:5.

In Rev 2:26,27 Jesus says the overcomer (Branch?-maybe) will be given power over the nations & will rule over them. In Rev 3 :21 the overcomer is granted to sit with Jesus in His throne.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

This passage is about Jesus..

By the way His Hebrew name is Yeshua or also known as "Joshua"...

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

This isn't the same Joshua that lead them across the border though, this is far later in history than that.

Yes I understand that, I was showing that Joshua could not be the 'Branch' as he did not come from the line of Judah since it was foretold that the Messiah or the Branch would come from that tribe. Joshua the son of Nun was long dead by the time of Zechariah. If you go back to Zech. 3 it shows how like Joshua we can become priest clothed in white, how this coming Branch will remove our sins from us when we obey His words.

shaolm,

Mizz

• 6 years later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/18/2011 at 5:34 AM, ~candice~ said:

or

Thanks

This is an old thread but I thought I bump it up as this is a very important prophecy and the timing on it's fulfillment is a lot sooner than most people think. Will certainly shock those that can solve this prophecy.

Joshua is the English spelling for Yeshua. So Joshua in this prophecy is Jesus. I'm aware in some verses it says "Joshua the son of Jehozadak." Jehozadak is a biblical character mentioned in other parts of the bible who was the father of the other Joshua. His name means Jehovah-justified. I'm not sure if I can explain this well enough but it's very common in bible prophecies that names of certain figures in the past are used to identify different future individuals like Cyrus or Nebuchadnezzar. Basically what I'm saying is don't get sidetrack because it said son of Jehozadek. Joshua in this prophecy is Jesus. Other verses in the book of Zechariah testifies to this. Jesus is the Branch in this prophecy who will build the temple, and others will come help. 

This part is just trivial and probably not important.....I think. Certainly not the reason why I'm posting this but has anyone noticed in Zechariah 6:10 there's 3 individuals from Babylon with gifts? Just thought I mention this since we're near Christmas. Just speculating.

Yeshua is the Hebrew name, and its English spelling is “Joshua.” Iesous is the Greek transliteration of the Hebrew name, and its English spelling is “Jesus.” Thus, the names “Joshua” and “Jesus” are essentially the same; both are English pronunciations of the Hebrew and Greek names for our Lord. (For examples of how the two names are interchangeable, see Acts 7:45 and Hebrews 4:8 in the KJV. In both cases, the word Jesus refers to the Old Testament character Joshua.)

https://www.gotquestions.org/Yeshua-Jesus.html

The proper name Jesus /ˈzəs/ used in the English language originates from the Latin form of the Greek name Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous), a rendition of the Hebrew Yeshua (ישוע), also having the variants Joshua or Jeshua

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_(name)

Zechariah 6:9-15 New King James Version (NKJV)

Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying: 10 “Receive the gift from the captives—from Heldai, Tobijah, and Jedaiah, who have come from Babylon—and go the same day and enter the house of Josiah the son of Zephaniah. 11 Take the silver and gold, make an elaborate crown, and set it on the head of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest. 12 Then speak to him, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, saying:

“Behold, the Man whose name is the BRANCH!
From His place He shall branch out,
And He shall build the temple of the Lord;
13 Yes, He shall build the temple of the Lord.
He shall bear the glory,
And shall sit and rule on His throne;
So He shall be a priest on His throne,

And the counsel of peace shall be between them both.”’

14 “Now the elaborate crown shall be for a memorial in the temple of the Lord for Helem, Tobijah, Jedaiah, and Hen the son of Zephaniah. 15 Even those from afar shall come and build the temple of the Lord. Then you shall know that the Lord of hosts has sent Me to you. And this shall come to pass if you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God.”

Zechariah 3 New King James Version (NKJV)

Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the Angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to oppose him. And the Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The Lord who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is this not a brand plucked from the fire?”

Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and was standing before the Angel.

Then He answered and spoke to those who stood before Him, saying, “Take away the filthy garments from him.” And to him He said, “See, I have removed your iniquity from you, and I will clothe you with rich robes.”

And I said, “Let them put a clean turban on his head.”

So they put a clean turban on his head, and they put the clothes on him. And the Angel of the Lord stood by.

Then the Angel of the Lord admonished Joshua, saying, “Thus says the Lord of hosts:

‘If you will walk in My ways,
And if you will keep My command,
Then you shall also judge My house,
And likewise have charge of My courts;
I will give you places to walk
Among these who stand here.

‘Hear, O Joshua, the high priest,
You and your companions who sit before you,
For they are a wondrous sign;
For behold, I am bringing forth My Servant the BRANCH.
For behold, the stone
That I have laid before Joshua:

Upon the stone are seven eyes.
Behold, I will engrave its inscription,’
Says the Lord of hosts,
And I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
10 In that day,’ says the Lord of hosts,
‘Everyone will invite his neighbor
Under his vine and under his fig tree.’”

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

Zechariah 6:12 is not a prophecy about the 70th week of Daniel which is still pending

Notice the last verse of the passage .... 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

8 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

Zechariah 6:12 is not a prophecy about the 70th week of Daniel which is still pending

Notice the last verse of the passage .... 

This is the point I'm trying to get across. Read Zechariah chapters 3 & 6 and read the surrounding chapters. Try to understand it without preconceived ideas when reading.

Edited by Psalms37:4