oak

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Recently, I’m getting weary of Christians on TV or in writing etc., expressing what I find is a mixture of “do what you will” within Christ. Now the quoted phrase is from the satanic bible (from what I heard) and has no part in Jesus. I hear preachers today say things like, “you are of royal blood, you are not to live a life of mediocrity, you are not to feel bad etc. Don’t get me wrong, I have always looked for the easiest path to achieve anything. And I love positive messages. And there are many beautiful messages in the Bible to be found but they are not telling the whole story. And those who are using just the palatable parts of the Bible should look deep within themselves and this scripture: “You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts.”Luke 16:15

I do not advocate a return to the fire and brimstone speeches because they too are skewed to only fear God. I consider myself a Christian but I have difficulty with some scripture and it not being taught:

“If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up the cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23

For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother…Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me…. Mat 10:35-37

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. John15: 18

“Beloved , do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.”Peter 4:12

Further, most of Revelation’s is freighting to me. Also if Christ came to save the whole world, why are there “few chosen.” Now this list is partial. The best way I deal with it is in the knowledge that I can read scripture, I can, pray, repent, go to church, knock and seek, partake in Communion; and the Beatitudes are a path to take. For instance humility is a great weapon (not easy) for the believer. Also love is a great weapon but if I am to love Christ is this not part of the way? “If you love Me, you will keep my commandments.” John 14:15 Essentially my whole point is that salvation is not easy. It’s warfare. And if you consider war easy then continue on your path. But then you must feel much of the scripture I have chosen is not salvational.

Yours in Christ,

Oak

PS I am presenting a side not the whole; the reason is, I feel it is lacking. Love is not that evident in this post, but it is part of the road to the Ultimate Expression of Love, Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I understand completely.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/25/1963

I agree oak. Many talk about the love of God and how He wants the best for us as you said. Theses same ones forget that God is also a just God and a wrathful God and a jealous God. We need to take all of God's character and word into account and not just the bits that we like.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Sadly, not just new Christianity but old Christianity brings with it several deceptions.

1. Telling others they are saved when they are not. The new christianity preaches a hybrid salvation message of part truth, part lie.

For example, that one is saved by "confessing with their mouth, believing in your heart". One can confess with their mouth and believe in their heart as much as they like, this does not guarantee salvation. All of Paul's letters were written to "saints", that is, they were saved already !! Romans 10:9 is irrelevant for someone wanting to obtain salvation !!

"give your heart to the Lord". Where does this statement occur in the bible ?

"accepting Jesus as Lord". You can accept Jesus as Lord as much as you like, but be totally unsaved.

Saying the "sinner's prayer". Where is this in the bible ?

Just believe. No. It's not enough to just believe. You must be born again.

2. The once saved alway saved concept

3. Ignoring the concept that their is a real lake of fire of eternal torment waiting for the unjust.

Many like to talk about love. But what about the "love of the truth" ?

Edited by boldlion

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  33

Sadly, not just new Christianity but old Christianity brings with it several deceptions.

1. Telling others they are saved when they are not. The new christianity preaches a hybrid salvation message of part truth, part lie.

For example, that one is saved by "confessing with their mouth, believing in your heart". One can confess with their mouth and believe in their heart as much as they like, this does not guarantee salvation. All of Paul's letters were written to "saints", that is, they were saved already !! Romans 10:9 is irrelevant for someone wanting to obtain salvation !!

"accepting Jesus as Lord". You can accept Jesus as Lord as much as you like, but be totally unsaved.

3. Ignoring the concept that their is a real lake of fire of eternal torment waiting for the unjust.

Yeah I agree with most of what you said (except Ro 10:9.... if you understand 'believe' in the hebraic mindset, it's totally different to our greek hellenistic mindset, and truly you are saved if you 'believe' the way we are supposed to understand that word) and definitely I do not buy into OSAS but this seems to be OT. Why not start a new topic about Ro 10:9 or OSAS and go from there?

~candice~,

How did you know that you were saved ?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Maybe as Candice stated, it is for another new thread, but tell me what your interpretation of being truly saved is?

~candice~,

Fair enough question.

I have faith in the saving work of Jesus Christ on the cross, and (try to) live a life of obedience to Him. I am filled with His Spirit as evidence of this.

~candice~,

Fair enough question.

I have faith in the saving work of Jesus Christ on the cross, and (try to) live a life of obedience to Him. I am filled with His Spirit as evidence of this.

You need to receive the Holy Spirit and you will know this when you speak in tongues. Candice, you don't want to get this wrong otherwise you will spend eternity in the wrong place.

Edited by boldlion

~candice~,

Fair enough question.

You need to receive the Holy Spirit and you will know this when you speak in tongues. Candice, you don't want to get this wrong otherwise you will spend eternity in the wrong place.

This really does need a new thread bro :thumbsup: go ahead and make one and I'll chat to you about tongues there.