• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

For many years I heard (& even said) that the pre trib rapture was based on a prophecy given by Margaret McDonald in the 1830's. After reading the prophecy myself this morning, I do not see it promoting a pre trib rapture at all.

In fact, the prophecy says that the trial of the church would be from the antichrist & that only what was of God would stand.

The actual prophecy is rather interesting & can be found at Wikipedia: Margaret McDonald-visionary

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

For many years I heard (& even said) that the pre trib rapture was based on a prophecy given by Margaret McDonald in the 1830's. After reading the prophecy myself this morning, I do not see it promoting a pre trib rapture at all.

In fact, the prophecy says that the trial of the church would be from the antichrist & that only what was of God would stand.

The actual prophecy is rather interesting & can be found at Wikipedia: Margaret McDonald-visionary

Interesting.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

What about John Nelson Darby;s teachings?

What about John Nelson Darby;s teachings?

The article about Margaret McDonald says that Darby believed the manifestations of the Spirit (tongues, interpretation, & healings) at her church were demonic. Why would he use her prophecy to promote his beliefs? It also says that Darby wrote out his pre trib rapture beliefs in 1827, 3 yrs before the prophecy was made.( I didn't double check these claims.)

Again I say, the prophecy doesn't promote the pre trib view like I had been led to believe it did.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Who is margaret McDonald that we should pay any attention to her at all????

• Thumbs Up 1

A woman that gave a prophecy in the early 1800's that was used to promote the pre trib rapture doctrine. I finally read the prophecy myself & don't see it there. I thought this was common knowledge about how this doctrine supposedly came into being.

You don't have to pay attention to her at all, unless you think she had a real word from the Lord.

A woman that gave a prophecy in the early 1800's that was used to promote the pre trib rapture doctrine. I finally read the prophecy myself & don't see it there. I thought this was common knowledge about how this doctrine supposedly came into being.

You don't have to pay attention to her at all, unless you think she had a real word from the Lord.

I've heard of her, but I never really understood why we would consider her a prophet. Did she heal the sick or raise the dead? Or just tell us she heard voices in her head. I don't ask in jest, I just really never understood why people would consider her a prophet.

I've heard of her, but I never really understood why we would consider her a prophet. Did she heal the sick or raise the dead? Or just tell us she heard voices in her head. I don't ask in jest, I just really never understood why people would consider her a prophet.

My understanding is that she gave this word at a service in her church. I don't want to get into another argument over whether or not there are prophets today. I don't know that she was considered a prophet, I always thought she was operating in the gift of prophecy when she gave this word.

My understanding is that she gave this word at a service in her church. I don't want to get into another argument over whether or not there are prophets today. I don't know that she was considered a prophet, I always thought she was operating in the gift of prophecy when she gave this word.

I wasn't aware of that. I thought she was something like Ellen White. Obviously I haven't looked into her very hard LoL.

• 6 years later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/24/2011 at 12:23 PM, goldust59 said:

I was reading a serious of failed predictions (some from Christians, and others from various mystics, Jews and whatnot) and found this.

In 1830 Margaret McDonald, a Christian prophetess, predicted that Robert Owen would be the Antichrist.

The next line added: Owen helped found New Harmony, IN.

I didn't read the Wikipedia on her yet. I just thought that it was appropriate to bring some perspective to Miss McDonald's questionable prophecies.