IGNORED

The 10 commandments

Catsmeow

Greetings Brother Adstar,

I have to run an errand . . . I'll try to answer your question later.  Perhaps Wordsower will have responded by then as well . . .

Peace,

BlindSeeker

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  698
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Hello!

It is my understanding The Commandments were written for the lost and unsaved?

What do you say?

Snowdoove:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Excellent verse, Wordsower!

But . . . before I comment on it . . . perhaps you would be so gracious as to expound on why you elected to post it.

Thanks,

BlindSeeker

Oh . . . one question.  How was this ministry of death glorious?

2 Corinthians 3:7But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious . . .

I chose the text because it explains how the law is not seen for what it is by the Jews (and others) to this day because they haven't had the veil removed by Jesus.

It was glorious because it came with the Glory of God, so much so that the Israelites could not look at Moses face.

Guest Brother Ben

Consider this.

I Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

How do we know what sin is? The commandments of God.

Using them lawfully is using them to expose sin in our lives, so that we may confess them and ask forgiveness from our Lord, so that He may interceed  for us to the Father so that the Father may forgive and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. All confessed sin will be forgiven for Jesus has become the propituation for the sins of the whole world.

Jesus did not do away with the commandments he did away with the penalty because He paid it for us. And those of us that love Him will keep His commandments

Brother Ben Shelah

Hello!

It is my understanding The Commandments were written for the lost and unsaved?

What do you say?

Snowdoove:)

Greetings SnowDoove,

Very good to see you here.

"What do I say" you asked? We all were once lost and unsaved . . . so I guess they were written for all of us.

Do you agree?

Peace,

BlindSeeker

I chose the text because it explains how the law is not seen for what it is by the Jews (and others) to this day because they haven't had the veil removed by Jesus.

Agreed. Until the heart turns to the Lord with a hunger for righteousness, it cannot be filled. Nor can the eyes truly see.

It was glorious because it came with the Glory of God, so much so that the Israelites could not look at Moses face.

That is more of an answer of "why?" than "how?"

Why was it called the ministry of death?

Peace,

BlindSeeker

Guest Fabrice

Hi Dad Ernie

You say :

"Please go back and read what Blindseeker wrote. Quit being LAZY and START digging into the scriptures for yourself. You are NOT to be a "follower of man", but a "follower of the Son of God". You can ask questions, but no one here is able to plow up that unregenerated field of your heart. God has to do that and YOU have to get hold of Him on a ONE TO ONE basis for that to happen."

Firstly, it's really because I love you, because I know you don't know me and cause I know you want my GOOD, that I 'forgive' you but you can't imagine how angry I would be if it wasn't you !

Secondly, You may understand everything in the Bible, you may be superior, and be very obediant much more than me; I'm sure (honestly) that you've read the Bible cover to covre many times, you may be blessed ... BUT I'm NOT like you !! If you don't like me I'll just get out of here. I'm what I am with ALL my defaults.

You know what ? It's because of this sort of threat that people don't like chrisitians. They sometimes think they are better than others !

Thirdly, you know what ? I'm studying right now psychology. I'm lost, trying to find God's will. I try to reach at YOUR level :that's why I'm here. I try to find comfort somewhere in a #### world. Last year I fasted ONE WEEK and in that week I've read Genesis to Judges ... to finish the old Testament within the 6 months. I read many times the new testament. I still read the Bible. I can tell you I dig it!

Do you think you knew all that about me ? Yes I seem stupid and I thank the Lord for that. And ask yourself : Do I know french ... maybe Fabrice has a problem with english".

So please Brother ... FIRST KNOW the person you are talking to and then adjust ! I'm judge of myself, and God knows who I am and if He needs to tell my things He will tell me.

Finally, I'll tell you why I'm here : to get knowledge, and comfort in bad moments NOT to get what you just said to me.

... I know it's been very harsh but I'm still a human being and I have feelings. Now I even regret what I said, but it had to be said. Because christians MUST know how much bad are they STILL capable of ! And I'll not be afraid to tell what I feel.

If that post wasn't the right place to put it, I'll just go.

Anyway thanks for reading.

Guest Waldans Mountain

Hi Fabrice

Im new here but i have to agree with ya. This Ernie character has it in for ya. Did you disagree with him somewhere along the way? Hang in there. Its not how much ya know, as much practicing what ya do know. You know.

Guest Waldans Mountain

Hello Blindseeker

So in short your saying the 10 commandments are to be kept and the law contained in the ordinances were nailed to the cross. What about graven images,what about the sabbath day? What are your thoughts.