IGNORED

The 10 commandments

Catsmeow

Hello Blindseeker

So in short your saying the 10 commandments are to be kept and the law contained in the ordinances were nailed to the cross. What about graven images,what about the sabbath day? What are your thoughts.

Greetings Waldans Mountain,

Your name makes me want to take a trip somewhere . . . in the mountains :read:

In short, yes, I am saying the Ten Commandments are to be kept . . . all of them.

Concerning graven images . . . I think it is expressly concerning that which was created to represent or be a deity.  Good fishing lures, however, are ok . . . as well as duck decoys and plastic pink flamingo lawn ornaments . . .

In regards to the Sabbath . . . I fail to see where it was dismissed. So . . . remember the Sabbath to keep it holy.

Peace,

BlindSeeker :read:

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Waldans Mountain

Hi Blindseeker

Someday i hope to take a trip to the mountain also. God sanctified! Hope to see ya there.

ISAIAH 8  [16] Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.[17] And I will wait upon the LORD, that

hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.[18] Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath

given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Blindseeker,

I hope you know what you are doing requiring God's people to be under the law.  You know where I came from and God forbid they should become members of a cult.  Law keepers miss the whole point of the law---Jesus!  Jesus is the reality, the law is a shadow.  We are to walk in the Spirit, not the letter.  Do what you want to do but let the Spirit lead others to truth.  

You observe days and months and seasons and years, I fear for you lest I have labored in vain. Galatians 4:10,11

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  1

I have one question.

Why wouldn't the Lord want His people to follow the 10 Commandments?  

Can you tell me that?

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

We have two commandments

1. Love God

2. Love your neighbor

Deut. 5:2-3  "The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb. The Lord did not make this covenant with our fathers, but with us." Then he gives the Ten Commandments in vss. 6-22.

Thus the Old Covenant, the Ten Commandments, had a definite beginning and a definite end. Gal. 3:19 clearly states, "The law was added UNTIL the seed should come." Well, folks He came and He fulfilled the law and He said "It is finished."  

Suzanne,

Do you go to church on Saturday?  Well Blindseeker thinks that law is applicable to christians.  No where in the bible does is say we are commanded to go on Sunday.  Paul tells us plainly to be convinced in our own mind and God will make us able to stand.  I have no problem with anyone worshipping on Saturday or Sunday or Tuesday, just don't tell me I'm breaking the commandments by not going to church on Saturday.  These laws were given to Israel and the 2 commandments we were given have nothing to do with the Sabbath and everything to do with love.

Jesus has given me the rest that He promised, He is my Sabbath rest.

Dear wordsower,

I go to church whenever the Word of God is being preached and the doors are open because I love the Word of God.  If you want to speak of love for our neighbors, I would ask, do you go to church on Sundays?  And if you do along with most other Christians, do you also go out to dinner after the church service?  If so, how about the lack of love you show towards your brothers and sisters who are up at Furr's getting your lunch ready for you and therefore are not able to go to church, because they are serving you?  For the majority of our nation, church is held on Sunday, but there are many many people who do not attend, nor can they, if invited because they are serving all us other "loving" Christians lunch.  So, if you want to talk about the Commandments and whether or not you observe them, let's talk about the non-observance of the Sabbath on Sunday, since that is the day when most Americans are provided the opportunity to go to church.  Let's talk about that love for your brother, and whether or not he is afforded the opportunity to attend church on Sunday?   Why do we as Christians make him work on Sundays?  That's easy, so he can serve US!  

Do you love your brother?

In His Truth,

Suzanne

Hebrews 3:18 (New Testament)

And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey?

There are 3 topics of warning in Hebrews.  They are about obedience.

Hebrews 2:2 For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, 3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation , which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him,

To disobey, is to disbelieve.

Hebrews 3:18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? 19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Why was he telling them this wordsower?  Why is He telling "us" this?

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Waldans Mountain

hi Word sower

THE 2 GREAT COMMANDMENTS

MATT.22  [35] Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

[36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.[38] This is the first and great commandment.[39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.[40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Wordsower,is this the reason you say we need not keep the commandments? Jesus was only quoting scripture from the old testament. As you can see in Deut.6

(Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul)

DEUT.6  [5] And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.[6] And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:[7] And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

DEUT 6 [14] Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you;[15] (For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.[16] Ye shall not tempt the LORD your God, as ye tempted him in Massah.[17] Ye shall diligently keep the commandments of the LORD your God, and his testimonies, and his statutes, which he hath commanded thee.

And as you can see in above scriptures from DEUT.6 the way to love GOD is to keep the commandments

(thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul)

1JOHN 5 [2] By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

In John you can also see how we are to show our love for GOD. I have heard many say we dont need to keep the commandments because they are to hard (grevious) to keep.To tell ya the truth Wordsower its easier to keep the letter of the law than the spirit of the law.

LEV.19 [17] Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.[18] Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Again (thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself) Jesus is quoting scripture from the old testament. Do you agree WS that the people who lived in old testament times were under the 10 commandments. Of course they were.

So why when Jesus quotes old testament scripture do you think the 10 commandments are now done away with?

2JOHN1   [5] And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.[6] And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Again in John you can read how we are to love our neighbour.

KEEP GODS 10 COMMANDMENTS

HE is the same yesterday,today,and forever