IGNORED

Jesus' imminent return Parts 1-4(posts 1, 12, 15 & 16)

Hi all!
First, let me state that I know that the topic is controversial. This is one of several videos that I plan to post here. This one says "part one". You should know that at the time of this posting, there is no part two - whether more on this topic is forthcoming, I cannot say.

I am going to be a coward here, and tell you up front, that if someone want to debate me on this topic, I do not plan on playing. It is not that I am not willing to defend my positions, I just do not care to spend my time here in endless debate. If you REALLY must talk with me about this, you might try to catch me in Worthychat, I can be found there most nights late - Pacific Time - typcally in the 9 PM to midnight timeslot.  If I am going to debate in chat, I would rather do it on topics where a persons salvation might hang in the balance, this is certainly not such a topic.

Edit 10/12/2013 Note: The original version of the video, no longer exists at the previous web location. I have supplied a new web location for this video, but the sound quality is a bit weird on this copy, but it is still clear to understand. Sorry that it is not better. - Omegaman 3.0

Now that all of that is understood, here is the video:

I thoroughly enjoyed this Omega. ^5

I can't say I would ordinarily listen to a masked man with dynamite and a wad of money (unless I was in the same room as him).

Looking forward to part 2. BTW .. you said the particular verses mentioned are not about the rapture. You are not saying there is no rapture though right?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I like your explanation!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Well done Omegaman

BTW .. you said the particular verses mentioned are not about the rapture. You are not saying there is no rapture though right?

Correct. The topic is largely about the imminent return of Jesus. What that usually means in theological circles, is that there are no events which must take place before He returns. I am not convinced of that notion personally. However you are correct, I was saying that certain verses used to support the doctrine of His imminent return, do not do so, because they are not about the rapture, they are about judgement. As far as the rapture is concerned, I beleive there will be one, for one simple reason -

The Bible says so.

1 Cor. 15:50 Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 52 Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

1 Thess 4:13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

Those appear to me to be describing the rapture. Of course there are those who say the word rapture is not in the Bible. Who cares, no matter what we call it,there is an event where the living saints are caught up to be with Jesus.

After we are either raptured or resurrected, we can all agree on the details and the sequence, but no one will care then, some do not care now.

Thank you for affording me the opportunity to clear up my position, and yet avoid debate. :thumbsup:

BTW .. you said the particular verses mentioned are not about the rapture. You are not saying there is no rapture though right?

Correct. The topic is largely about the imminent return of Jesus. What that usually means in theological circles, is that there are no events which must take place before He returns. I am not convinced of that notion personally. However you are correct, I was saying that certain verses used to support the doctrine of His imminent return, do not do so, because they are not about the rapture, they are about judgement. As far as the rapture is concerned, I beleive there will be one, for one simple reason -

The Bible says so.

1 Cor. 15:50 Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 52 Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

1 Thess 4:13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

Those appear to me to be describing the rapture. Of course there are those who say the word rapture is not in the Bible. Who cares, no matter what we call it,there is an event where the living saints are caught up to be with Jesus.

After we are either raptured or resurrected, we can all agree on the details and the sequence, but no one will care then, some do not care now.

Thank you for affording me the opportunity to clear up my position, and yet avoid debate. :thumbsup:

Thanks mate .

We were having a group discussion yesterday about the rapture and the scriptures you talked about were part of it. I have told them to come and look at your vid but wanted to be sure they wouldn't assume you were suggesting there was no rapture.

Thanks for making that clear.

And btw .. your vulture mimic was spot on. : D

Edited by agua

I want to thank everyone for your positive and encouraging comments. I will not respond to each individually, because that fills up the thread with nothing that interesting to future viewers of these videos. However, I may thank groups from time to time, because I truly am thankful, and I want to encourage you, to encourage others, as you have encouraged me. So . . .

THANK YOU!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You get my vote, Omegaman!

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Members