Wary of this church I have fallen into.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Does anyone know about this affiliation of churches that teaches "rightly dividing the word..." as the central theme of theirs more or less? They all so set Paul's Gospel as predominate over Peter's.

I really have no better way of describing this church, but I think they are related/ tied with the Pensacola Bible School and Rev. Peter Ruchman. They have Grace in the name of this church and every church in this affiliation I think.

I am very wary of their teaching, so if anyone has any knowledge I would appreciate any insight.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Does anyone know about this affiliation of churches that teaches "rightly dividing the word..." as the central theme of theirs more or less? They all so set Paul's Gospel as predominate over Peter's.

I really have no better way of describing this church, but I think they are related/ tied with the Pensacola Bible School and Rev. Peter Ruchman. They have Grace in the name of this church and every church in this affiliation I think.

I am very wary of their teaching, so if anyone has any knowledge I would appreciate any insight.

Sorry can't help with the church itself. But dividing the Word in any fashion does not seem to be a good idea to me.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,767
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Does the church have a statement of faith on their site?

Sorry can't help with the church itself. But dividing the Word in any fashion does not seem to be a good idea to me.

We are instructed to rightly divide the word of truth, I'm not sure what that means though.

2 Timothy 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Peter and Paul preached the same Gospel. There was no division. I'd be very wary.:thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

I'll check.

Thanks for all the replies.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1990

Considering the "rightly dividing the word" part, and your own instincts, I'd say RUN, not walk away. If it feels wrong, chances are, it is!

I'll check.

Here is a "What we believe" from an affiliated church. My link

Considering the "rightly dividing the word" part, and your own instincts, I'd say RUN, not walk away. If it feels wrong, chances are, it is!

Thanks, Lady Shadow! :thumbsup:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I'll check.

Here is a "What we believe" from an affiliated church. My link

Too many red flags with what they believe.

I'll start with how they view salvation ...

SALVATION: Salvation is a free gift without any work whatsoever. (Eph 2:8-9) Salvation is not dependent upon walking the aisle, joining the church, being baptized, turning over a new leaf, repenting of your sins, turning from your sins, forsaking your sins, confessing your sins, asking for forgiveness of your sins or inviting Christ into your heart. Forgiveness is available to all who believe that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again and that God forgave us for Christ’s sake. (I Cor 15:1-4) Salvation is trusting completely in what Christ did in our behalf on Calvary. (Eph 1:13) We believe that this glorious truth has been hidden from the world in general by the religious system of this world that has substituted the traditions of men for the truth. If by Grace it is no more of works... Rom 11:6

then there is saying the gospels are confusing, so we should just stick with Paul ...

DOCTRINE: As stated previously we hold to the fundamentals of the faith such as the deity of Christ, the virgin birth, the blood atonement, the inspiration of the scriptures and so forth. We also RIGHTLY DIVIDETHE WORD OF TRUTH as we are told to do in II Timothy 2:15. This means that we distinguish between the doctrine for the church, the body of Christ found in Paul’s epistles (Romans-Philemon) and the rest of the Bible. Since Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles (Rom 11:13, 15:16, II Tim 1:11) and was given the dispensation of the Grace of God (Eph 3:1-6) we are to follow him as we are told to do in II Cor 11:1 and 4:3. To teach the Kingdom doctrine found in Matthew through John as doctrine for today only leads to confusion. While all of the Bible is written for us it is evident that it is not all written to us. Everyone divides the Bible somewhere but it is important that we "RIGHTLY" divide it. This truth is readily seen by those who study the Bible without pre-conceived ideas. Please note that this doctrine is not something we came up with but has been in existence since Paul and was believed by many through the years.

not to mention ...

GOD’S WORD: We believe that the King James Bible is God’s inspired, pure, perfect and preserved word without error for English speaking people.