• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

by:B.Walker

Many people do not understand the reason for this rule as given by the Apostle Paul, and many state this to anger the women against Christianity, but what they fail to do is understand why. This issue dates back to the beginning of time and the fall of mankind in the garden of Eden, this is not the degradation of women as many think the apostle Paul was doing, but in fact was for the emotional and physical well being of the woman. In the beginning in the Garden of Eden as found in Gen.3, Eve fell prey to the whiles of the Devil and was enticed by him and his lies! She being innocent in heart listened to him and fell prey to his lies and tempting. The Devil caused Eve to doubt Gods word and put God like aspirations into the mind of Eve and caused her to sin (and you will be like God knowing good and evil) with this Satan also gave Eve the idea that somehow God was keeping something from her. Let’s read the verse for clarification.

NOTE; Genesis 3 (New King James Version)

Genesis 3

The Temptation and Fall of Man

1 Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, Has God indeed said, You shall not eat of every tree of the garden¡ (Bringing doubt and questioning Gods word.)

2 And the woman said to the serpent, We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden;

3 but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die. (adding to God’s word trying to help God)

4 Then the serpent said to the woman,You will not surely die. (More doubt)

5 For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil. (enticing Eve giving her the idea God is holding out on her, and that she can be just like God.)

6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.

Another failure on the part of Eve was that when she was contending with the Devil she even added to the words of God to cover her lack of faith and that was with the words; God has said, You shall not eat it, (nor shall you touch it), lest you die! Read the verse and what God told Adam in Gen 2:17

but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die. Nothing is said if you even touch it you will die! Satan saw the doubt in the woman and beguiled her in the flesh!

Genesis 3:13 (King James Version)

13And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Beguiled in Hebrew is the word nasha, naw-shaw meaning to lead astray ie mentally, delude, or morally to seduce:-- beguile, deceive x greatly, x utterly

Strong¡¦s Exhaustive Concordance

Keep in mind here and relate this story to the world we live in today, ask yourself how many times your wife or girlfriend has purchased something from the door to door salesman or the telemarketer who most men would just hang up the phone or close the door to. Let’s face it women are much nicer than men are, and don’t like to be rude, some silver tongue devil selling snake oil can sway almost anyone and the same tactics used of old still work today. And so Eve being the curious type, she had to know, what it was that was being held back from her, using what seemed to be the common sense approach, took of this forbidden knowledge and was tricked. Also keep in mind that she was innocent she had no concept of sin as she knew no evil at this time.

The one who did know evil because he had it in his heart was Satan. Jesus states; he was a murderer from the beginning, and he knew that by beguiling Eve she would die.

Also see the fall of Lucifer , read the whole passage, I will only reaffirm the egocentric proclamation made by Satan below, and what he told Eve.

Isaiah 14:12-21 (New King James Version)

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,

I will be like the Most High. (This is what Eve fell for)

Let’s take a look at another great woman in Biblical history that through doubt and abandonment from Gods word made the same grave error as Eve.this is found in Genesis 18

Sarah the wife of Abraham erred as did Eve when God told her she would give birth to a son at the age of 90 and she laughed and had doubt and when confronted with her doubt she lied about it, she too, as Eve thought she would take what she thought was the common sense approach and, She wanting to help the Lord gave Abraham carte blanch to sleep with her hand maiden Hagar and produced the son Ishmael who was not the son of promise but is the progeny of the Arabs and the Palestinians the followers of Islam who hate Israel to this day. Abraham being a typical red blooded male saw Hagar and she was attractive and slept with her having the blessings of his wife! We are all only human!

The consequences’ of our actions can and do have serious impacts on future events! Eve with the fall of man from Eden and Sarah with helping to create the children who would later live and love to see the destruction of Israel and America for that matter. You see Sarah had no Idea what the impact would be to the future or her direct lineal grandchildren, Now also keep in mind with this that Gen.6 speaks of the sons of God (Fallen angels) came unto the daughters of men and took wives of all of those they chose. These fallen angels enticed women and some forced themselves on the women causing genetic chaos on human history.

The epistle of Jude covers this in detail how the angels did not keep their first estate i.e. fell from heaven, also we see in 2nd Peter 2:4-5; For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgement; 5and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly.

Women are told they should keep their head covered because of the angels! 1Corinth. 11:10 Women ought to have a symbol of authority on their head because of the angels.

God has ordained man to be the Spiritual head of his household this does not mean that women are subservient to men as some would think but the fact that women can and do fall prey to a smooth talker, this is a human fact, and they are impressed with the things of the world and power.

We are to be the spiritual head over our household as Christ is the spiritual head over the Church. Men are to love their wives as Christ loved the church and that means to give your life for your wife. So why, should women keep silent in the church? So they don’t fall prey to the whiles of the devil, it was said for their own protection not to degrade women in any way or to make her seem any less a person than her husband.

The apostle Paul was no hater of women but to the contrary a wise man who knew the nature of women and the fallen angels whose wish it was to beguile them.

1 Corinthians 14:34 (King James Version)

34Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

My Pastor had explained that in Paul's time, the women and men sat separated so women would ask their husbands questions from where they sat and it got loud. I don't know about all of what you said. Not saying you're wrong but sometimes you have to take context into account.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

We are to be the spiritual head over our household as Christ is the spiritual head over the Church. Men are to love their wives as Christ loved the church and that means to give your life for your wife. So why, should women keep silent in the church? So they don’t fall prey to the whiles of the devil, it was said for their own protection not to degrade women in any way or to make her seem any less a person than her husband.

I disagree with the entire article. "So they don't fall prey to the whiles of the devil". What about the men? What makes them exempt from the same?

"not to degrade women"??? The very statement about not falling prey to the whiles of the devil does just that. It is paternalistic, condescending, and has no place in any lesson.

The writer has got this wrong in no uncertain terms.

Sojourner7 has touched on what the problem actually was, and it would have been good if the writer had done a little extra biblical research before he wrote. ( and for him to have a good look at his perception of women, biblical or not).

It is this type of lesson that chases women seeking Christ away from Him, and any Christian woman with any ounce of scriptural understanding would have to (in my opinion), cling to grace just to read it.

It gets worse....

Keep in mind here and relate this story to the world we live in today, ask yourself how many times your wife or girlfriend has purchased something from the door to door salesman or the telemarketer who most men would just hang up the phone or close the door to. Let’s face it women are much nicer than men are, and don’t like to be rude, some silver tongue devil selling snake oil can sway almost anyone and the same tactics used of old still work today. And so Eve being the curious type, she had to know, what it was that was being held back from her, using what seemed to be the common sense approach, took of this forbidden knowledge and was tricked. Also keep in mind that she was innocent she had no concept of sin as she knew no evil at this time.

Rubbish, degrading, paternalistic, un-scriptural.

Just plain wrong.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Jacob, you basically said that we women are responsible for everything that has gone wrong with man and with the earth.

Was a woman behind Saul's downfall? Or Judas'?

What if Esther had kept silent? Or Deborah? Or Priscilla?

To whom did Jesus and the angels first reveal His resurrection to - men or women? What if those women had kept silent?

Really, sir, your theology is very hurtful.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I have an apology to make re my initial reply to this post.

I could have deleted it, but will not, because although my post accurately conveys my feelings....

I could have answered with more grace.

In no way is my reply an attack on the poster, it is more of an attack on the sentiments in the post, because I feel it could do more damage than good.

Although what it did do is remind me to curb my tongue when talking (again...sigh), so it did achieve that!

So please accept my apologies as to the tone of my reply, and try to look past that, to the intent.

Blessings

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Eve was not present when God told Adam about the tree, and I don't think I see anywhere the Bible states that God himself ever told her..... so her idea about not touching the fruit may well have come from an absent minded Adam and not from Eve at all.

I think this much too important to speculate that the problem was Eve's..

.... Women Be Silent .... :24: :24: :24:

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,

I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,

and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: Acts 2:17-18

Fez, Gotta Agree With You As If It Would Make Any Difference To South Or Carol Or To Any Other Godly Daughter Of The KING

Guest shiloh357

by:B.Walker

Many people do not understand the reason for this rule as given by the Apostle Paul, and many state this to anger the women against Christianity, but what they fail to do is understand why. This issue dates back to the beginning of time and the fall of mankind in the garden of Eden, this is not the degradation of women as many think the apostle Paul was doing, but in fact was for the emotional and physical well being of the woman. In the beginning in the Garden of Eden as found in Gen.3, Eve fell prey to the whiles of the Devil and was enticed by him and his lies! She being innocent in heart listened to him and fell prey to his lies and tempting. The Devil caused Eve to doubt Gods word and put God like aspirations into the mind of Eve and caused her to sin (and you will be like God knowing good and evil) with this Satan also gave Eve the idea that somehow God was keeping something from her. Let’s read the verse for clarification.

NOTE; Genesis 3 (New King James Version)

Genesis 3

The Temptation and Fall of Man

1 Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, Has God indeed said, You shall not eat of every tree of the garden¡ (Bringing doubt and questioning Gods word.)

2 And the woman said to the serpent, We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden;

3 but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die. (adding to God’s word trying to help God)

4 Then the serpent said to the woman,You will not surely die. (More doubt)

5 For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil. (enticing Eve giving her the idea God is holding out on her, and that she can be just like God.)

6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.

Another failure on the part of Eve was that when she was contending with the Devil she even added to the words of God to cover her lack of faith and that was with the words; God has said, You shall not eat it, (nor shall you touch it), lest you die! Read the verse and what God told Adam in Gen 2:17

but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die. Nothing is said if you even touch it you will die! Satan saw the doubt in the woman and beguiled her in the flesh!

Genesis 3:13 (King James Version)

13And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Beguiled in Hebrew is the word nasha, naw-shaw meaning to lead astray ie mentally, delude, or morally to seduce:-- beguile, deceive x greatly, x utterly

Strong¡¦s Exhaustive Concordance

The one who did know evil because he had it in his heart was Satan. Jesus states; he was a murderer from the beginning, and he knew that by beguiling Eve she would die.

Also see the fall of Lucifer , read the whole passage, I will only reaffirm the egocentric proclamation made by Satan below, and what he told Eve.

Isaiah 14:12-21 (New King James Version)

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,

I will be like the Most High. (This is what Eve fell for)

Let’s take a look at another great woman in Biblical history that through doubt and abandonment from Gods word made the same grave error as Eve.this is found in Genesis 18

Sarah the wife of Abraham erred as did Eve when God told her she would give birth to a son at the age of 90 and she laughed and had doubt and when confronted with her doubt she lied about it, she too, as Eve thought she would take what she thought was the common sense approach and, She wanting to help the Lord gave Abraham carte blanch to sleep with her hand maiden Hagar and produced the son Ishmael who was not the son of promise but is the progeny of the Arabs and the Palestinians the followers of Islam who hate Israel to this day. Abraham being a typical red blooded male saw Hagar and she was attractive and slept with her having the blessings of his wife! We are all only human!

The consequences’ of our actions can and do have serious impacts on future events! Eve with the fall of man from Eden and Sarah with helping to create the children who would later live and love to see the destruction of Israel and America for that matter. You see Sarah had no Idea what the impact would be to the future or her direct lineal grandchildren, Now also keep in mind with this that Gen.6 speaks of the sons of God (Fallen angels) came unto the daughters of men and took wives of all of those they chose. These fallen angels enticed women and some forced themselves on the women causing genetic chaos on human history.

The epistle of Jude covers this in detail how the angels did not keep their first estate i.e. fell from heaven, also we see in 2nd Peter 2:4-5; For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgement; 5and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly.

Women are told they should keep their head covered because of the angels! 1Corinth. 11:10 Women ought to have a symbol of authority on their head because of the angels.

God has ordained man to be the Spiritual head of his household this does not mean that women are subservient to men as some would think but the fact that women can and do fall prey to a smooth talker, this is a human fact, and they are impressed with the things of the world and power.

The apostle Paul was no hater of women but to the contrary a wise man who knew the nature of women and the fallen angels whose wish it was to beguile them.

1 Corinthians 14:34 (King James Version)

34Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

Reall, this is some very poor theology.

Anyone who reads their Bible knows that what Adam did was far worse. Eve was deceived, but Adam was not. Adam disobeyed God in the full knowledge that he was being disobedient. We inherit our sin nature from Adam not Eve. It was Adam that caused man to fall, not Eve, according to Scripture.

So OP is just really off base.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Back when Paul made those comments, the men and women were separated and the men were the ones to whom Paul was speaking - they are the ones who represent Christ in the family. The women, because they could not hear would call across to their husbands and ask what he said thus interrupting the meeting. That is why Paul said that they should be silent in the meetings. ( at least that is how I heard a minister explain it and it makes sense).

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/25/1963

Like others I to have a problem with the OP's post. Three times, at least, the same word is used in that chapter:

1Co 14:28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

1Co 14:30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.

1Co 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

According to Strong's the word the underlined bits are interpreted from is: G4601

σιγάω

sigaō

see-gah'-o

to keep silent (transitive or intransitive): - keep close (secret, silence), hold peace.

Now if that word means to keep silent and never utter a word in church then it must also mean the same in the previous verses as they are saying the same thing about two other groups of people - men and prophets. Now if this interpretation is correct then this leaves us in somewhat of a quandry as the only group of people that Paul never told to be quiet in those verses is children. Does this mean that the only people that can utter a sound in church is children? Of course not. If we read this chapter in context we can clearly see that Paul did not mean woman were to never utter a word in church but he did mean that all things were to be done in an orderly fashion. Obviously this was not happening and there was some confusion that Paul was correcting in this one church. Too often people cherry pick verses here and there to support there own beliefs rather than reading those verses in context and letting the Bible form their beliefs.

Secondly some people have the idea that Adam was way off somewhere else when Satan tempted Eve. The scripture says different:

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Adam was with Eve the whole time Eve was being tempted. Adam could have stepped in at anytime and corrected Eve and put a stop to the temptation of Eve but he chose not to and we never see that he said anything during the time Eve and the serpent were talking. Adam knew what God said but chose to shut up.

Edited by Nyoka