• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Can you back this up with Scripture Tinky?

I don't know exactly what you mean. Money is just paper and small pieces of metal. It's what we do with it, or what place it has in our lives (such as, if it's more important to us than our devotion to God) that makes it "evil."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,788
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I don't know exactly what you mean. Money is just paper and small pieces of metal. It's what we do with it, or what place it has in our lives (such as, if it's more important to us than our devotion to God) that makes it "evil."

well God's teachings say there is deceitfulness in riches... the overall outcome of Scripture

is to render to proper places things as specific to money Matt 22:20-22

notice money is not seen in the eternal state

Isa 55:1

55 "Ho! Everyone who thirsts,

Come to the waters;

And you who have no money,

Come, buy and eat.

Yes, come, buy wine and milk

Without money and without price.

NKJV

It doesn't appear benign to Scripture's Teachings!

Can you show me in Scripture that money is benign...

Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Think about this set up. It's very logically useful. People don't simply trade things anymore. Money isn't just currency and coins and notes, its the assignment of value that everything is given. That way it's all fair, right? Okay, some people are overly compensated, others are plain clean ripped off. But who are those that decide that a thing is a certain value and therefore you should pay such an amount for it? So many factors to consider: quantity, quality, usefulness, presentation, age of item/antiquity (see the difference? Nobody wants a cheeseburger that was made last year...) all of which capture our focus to acquire as many things as possible to fill our lives which as much value as possible. Well, that's what the enemy wants us to think, anyway. If I buy a dishwasher my life will be easier. Will it really? Maybe. But it's best to have the most up-to-date model, even though it's most expensive. A big brand name (of course they're the most trustworthy!) Pretty soon the focus goes from [money = things = value] to [money = value], and then we have long gone far beyond losing sight of what is really important. Love, friendship, fun: God. It's so inevitable that the Bible says that loving money is the root of all evil.

But if our riches come from God... ah!

Abraham acquired wealth from God that could not be found on earth because it was specifically founded on God's promise and blessing. What a wealthy man he truly is!

well God's teachings say there is deceitfulness in riches... the overall outcome of Scripture

is to render to proper places things as specific to money Matt 22:20-22

Can you show me in Scripture that money is benign...

The Bible says it's the love of money that's the root of all evil, not the money itself. Money isn't a living thing - it can't "do" good or evil - it's simply a "thing." Before printed money or coinage, people simply bartered for what they needed. Were the things that were traded "evil?"

The Bible says it's the love of money that's the root of all evil, not the money itself. Money isn't a living thing - it can't "do" good or evil - it's simply a "thing." Before printed money or coinage, people simply bartered for what they needed. Were the things that were traded "evil?"

Tinky what you have said here is very true “Before printed money or coinage, people simply bartered for what they needed. Were the things that were traded "evil?" and as the system has developed in a forward progress we know this:

1. The progress of the system is anti-christ leading to billions relying upon this world for life!
  2. The last days are marked with many who fall away because of increase in wickedness…
  3. Christ warned about riches specific to those He loved and trained- Lk 18:24-29
  4. The barter of living necessity of Abraham’s time and today of the need of silver and gold in place of- is the deceitfulness of the world’s system in the minds of men… simple truth you cannot eat metal nor does it compare to the garden of God’s making when sin had not been released yet!
  5. How can that which sinful man has designed be benign?
  6. These things must be reasoned through God’s Word and not the formation of worldly wisdom!

If you are having trouble in understanding God’s hatred of where we are read this:

Jude 22-23 And on some have compassion, making a distinction; 23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh. NKJV

Here the garment is like the money… your rational! Ask yourself is it not?

Love, Steven

Think about this set up. It's very logically useful. People don't simply trade things anymore. Money isn't just currency and coins and notes, its the assignment of value that everything is given. That way it's all fair, right? Okay, some people are overly compensated, others are plain clean ripped off. But who are those that decide that a thing is a certain value and therefore you should pay such an amount for it? So many factors to consider: quantity, quality, usefulness, presentation, age of item/antiquity (see the difference? Nobody wants a cheeseburger that was made last year...) all of which capture our focus to acquire as many things as possible to fill our lives which as much value as possible. Well, that's what the enemy wants us to think, anyway. If I buy a dishwasher my life will be easier. Will it really? Maybe. But it's best to have the most up-to-date model, even though it's most expensive. A big brand name (of course they're the most trustworthy!) Pretty soon the focus goes from [money = things = value] to [money = value], and then we have long gone far beyond losing sight of what is really important. Love, friendship, fun: God. It's so inevitable that the Bible says that loving money is the root of all evil.

But if our riches come from God... ah!

Abraham acquired wealth from God that could not be found on earth because it was specifically founded on God's promise and blessing. What a wealthy man he truly is!

Exactly... the Garden was good! After sin we see the formation of things through the sin nature the system to spawn the anti-christ. We are now in the final formation of that system

and what do we see? As you have said with empowerment of this worlds riches we justify all sorts of rational~ past needs~ to status and they see it not! The deceitfulness of riches!

Love, Steven

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

I think my overall point is this. Many Christians do not handle their money well. They do what average people do and that is spend money they don't have, on things they don't need to impress people they don't like. Many Christians are broke, and they feel that this is somehow godly as being wealthy is my its nature "Evil" as is money. They mishandle the money God gives them to manage, and so God will not give them more to manage. Even if they manage money a little better they avoid trying to have extra to give, again because in their head Money and wealth in its nature is a trap and evil.

Remember you must take things in context and the whole word, not just part. Also look at biblical examples, and they only people whose wealth was a problem had other heart issues, every single one of them, the wealth issue was a big but secondary issue.

It was a wealthy man in my case who paid out of pocket for my entire time as a missionary. The missionary bases new extension campus was paid for primarily by wealthy christians.

To wrap up, I believe all Christians should manage their money wisely. If they do, by the nature of how money works they will eventually become wealthy. That is to say if you spend less than you make and save money, and do not ever get into debt you will eventually become wealthy. This is not chasing riches, this is not making money the center of your life, this is slowly over time with wisdom and hard work managing the money the Lord has given to you and increasing it, just like the good steward. With this money you can then turn around and sew it into the kingdom, and be a blessing. To have wealth, just to be wealthy is putting your money where God should be is most definitely wrong. To have God at the center of your heart, and have HIs wealth to manage to take care of your family, and to give, is a wonderful thing and something many in the Church today are missing. Too many babies are being tossed out with the bathwater on this one.

I agree with you brother and in particular in the bolded comments. :thumbsup:

Not managing our resources/income properly is like someone who has no rule over his spirit... a broken down city without a wall which can be easily attacked

Proverbs 25:28

He who has no rule over his own spirit is like a broken down city without a wall.

I think there's a strong case to have an emergency fund in order not to pay interest and put "emergency" costs on the credit card.

Proverbs 27:12

A prudent man sees evil and hides himself, the naive proceed and pay the penalty.

Becoming wealthy takes time and it must be purposeful. It doesn't happen over night and God can indeed bless people to further His Kingdom. :thumbsup:

Proverbs 24:3-4

Through wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge the rooms shall be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

enoob57: How can that which sinful man has designed be benign?

Again, because money is a "thing" not a "living thing."

​Jesus used money. The apostles used money. Money in and of itself is not evil or wrong. It's what you do with it. You can use it to fund an orphanage, or pay someone to kill somebody. Either way, it's the actions of the person using the money that is good or evil.

Tinky what you have said here is very true “Before printed money or coinage, people simply bartered for what they needed. Were the things that were traded "evil?" and as the system has developed in a forward progress we know this:

1. The progress of the system is anti-christ leading to billions relying upon this world for life!
  2. The last days are marked with many who fall away because of increase in wickedness…
  3. Christ warned about riches specific to those He loved and trained- Lk 18:24-29
  4. The barter of living necessity of Abraham’s time and today of the need of silver and gold in place of- is the deceitfulness of the world’s system in the minds of men… simple truth you cannot eat metal nor does it compare to the garden of God’s making when sin had not been released yet!
  5. How can that which sinful man has designed be benign?
  6. These things must be reasoned through God’s Word and not the formation of worldly wisdom!

If you are having trouble in understanding God’s hatred of where we are read this:

Jude 22-23 And on some have compassion, making a distinction; 23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh. NKJV

Here the garment is like the money… your rational! Ask yourself is it not?

Love, Steven

Money isn't evil. It's the love of money that is evil. It's a heart issue not a monetary issue. We as Christ followers need to be content in whatever situation God has us in whatever season of life God has us in.

1 Timothy 6:7-10

For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many grief’s.

Ecclesiastes 5:10

Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless.

Philippians 4:11-13

For I have learned to be content, whatever the circumstances may be. I know now how to live when things are difficult and I know how to live when things are prosperous. In general and in particular I have learned the secret of eating well or going hungry of facing either plenty of poverty. I am ready for anything through the strength of the One who lives within me.

Mark 8:36

For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul?

I also agree with Isaiah (Izzy). Too many Christians think that they need to live poor (monetarily speaking) lives and somehow this is godly. As if mishandling money is somehow okay and living beyond our means is ideal. Almost like the whole monk/nun/monestary mentality that somehow sub-existing or barely making it is what God wants for us. We are called to be faithful and to live life in abundance!

Proverbs 21:5

The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage, but everyone who is hasty comes surely to poverty.

Proverbs 28:20

A faithful man will abound with blessings, but he who makes haste to be rich will not go unpunished.

John 10:10

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

God gives and blessings are from the Lord. We're to help the weak and less fortunate. This also means with financial blessings God has given us. Support for missions projects, schools, orphanages, etc. and ultimately furthering the Gospel are all worthy causes.

Ecclesiastes 5:19

Furthermore, as for every man to whom God has given riches and wealth, He has also empowered him to eat from them and to receive his reward and rejoice in his labor; this is the gift of God.

John 3:27

John answered and said, ” A man can receive nothing unless it has been given him from heaven.

Acts 20:35

“In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and

remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Your thoughts brother?

God bless,

GE

enoob57: How can that which sinful man has designed be benign?

Again, because money is a "thing" not a "living thing."

​Jesus used money. The apostles used money. Money in and of itself is not evil or wrong. It's what you do with it. You can use it to fund an orphanage, or pay someone to kill somebody. Either way, it's the actions of the person using the money that is good or evil.

I agree money is benign and ammoral. It's what is done with money that is either good or evil. :)