Sign in to follow this  
Waiting2BwithHim

Avocado Dessert

Quotation on food.

" Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it." Anyone have a good pasta recipe?

I better have a good one I'm half Sicilian ;)

Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 5 Min Ready In: 15 Min

Ingredients

1 pound spaghetti

4 tablespoons olive oil

3 cloves garlic, crushed

1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets, chopped

1 cup fine bread crumbs

1 cup chopped fresh parsley

ground black pepper to taste

4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.

Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add garlic and anchovies to cook for about 2 minutes; stir constantly.

Stir in breadcrumbs and turn off heat. Add parsley and black ground pepper; mix together.

Toss anchovy sauce with hot pasta and sprinkle with cheese; serve.

Quotation on food.

" Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it." Anyone have a good pasta recipe?

Ingredients

1 pound spaghetti

4 tablespoons olive oil

3 cloves garlic, crushed

1 cup fine bread crumbs

Directions

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.

Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add garlic and anchovies to cook for about 2 minutes; stir constantly.

Stir in breadcrumbs and turn off heat. Add parsley and black ground pepper; mix together.

Now that is past!! Sounds almost Catnesi or Messes.

Don'y you just love "Pasta aglio Oilo?)

Quotation on food.

Ingredients

1 pound spaghetti

4 tablespoons olive oil

3 cloves garlic, crushed

1 cup fine bread crumbs

Directions

Now that is past!! Sounds almost Catnesi or Messes.

Don'y you just love "Pasta aglio Oilo?)

Quotation on food.

Ingredients

1 pound spaghetti

4 tablespoons olive oil

3 cloves garlic, crushed

1 cup fine bread crumbs

Directions

Now that is pasta !! ( AL dente one hopes) Sounds almost Catenesi or Messinesi.

Don't you just love (Pasta aglio Oilo?)

Not to mention Arancini di Riso !

To serve 4 you'll need: •1 1/2 cups rice

•Half a packet of saffron (a few pistils, about 1/8 teaspoon)

•1 cup grated Parmigiano (freshly grated, not from a can)

•4 eggs

•2/3 pound (300 g) ground beef

•2 tablespoons tomato paste

•1 clove garlic

•1/2 a small onion

•A packed quarter cup dried porcini

•1/3 cup olive oil

•1/2 cup dry red wine

•1/4 pound mozzarella or fresh, soft provolone (if you're in Sicily you will want to use canestrato fresco)

•1 cup fresh peas, boiled

•Flour

•Bread crumbs

•Salt and Pepper

•Oil for frying

•Organically grown orange leaves (optional, as garnish)

Begin by preparing the filling:

Finely slice the onion and mince the garlic, and sauté the mixture in the olive oil until it wilts. Stir in the ground meat, continue cooking until it is well browned, and then stir in the wine. While it's evaporating, dilute the tomato paste in a ladle of warm water and stir it in. Season the mixture to taste, and simmer it over a very low flame for a couple of hours, adding more warm water or broth as necessary to keep it from drying out. Towards the end of the cooking time, steep the dried mushrooms in boiling water for a few minutes and coarsely chop them. Stir them into the sauce too; cook it for 15 minutes more and it's done.

While the meat's cooking, simmer the peas until they're tender. Then remove them from the fire, drain them, and let them cool. Dice the mozzarella into half-inch cubes and combine it with the cool peas.

The other thing to do while the meat is cooking is prepare the rice: boil it in abundant, lightly salted water, and while it's cooking lightly beat two of the eggs. When the rice is done drain it. Transfer it into a bowl, let it cool slightly, and stir in the beaten eggs, grated cheese, and saffron. Let it finish cooling.

When everything else is ready, lightly beat the remaining eggs and season them with salt and pepper. Then, preheat your oven to 350 F (180 C). Next, make the first arancino by taking two small handfuls of rice and shaping them into hollow hemispheres Fill the hollows with some of the meat, and some of the peas, and mold the two halves together to obtain a smooth-sided rice ball about the size of a small orange (1.5 - 2 inches in diameter). Roll the arancino in flour, dredge it in the beaten egg, roll it well in the breadcrumbs, and fry it in abundant hot oil. While it's cooking begin with the next, and when the one that's frying has become a golden brown drain it on absorbent paper. When you have finished frying all your arancini, heat them through in the oven for five minutes, decorate them with the orange leaves if you choose to, and serve them piping hot.

Served later a a large portion of with Granita e Brioche !

Zibbibo optional.

E, Buon Aperttito

Don't you just love "Pasta aglio Oilo?)

First it is spelled..

Aglio e Olio for those who may try to find this.

Second this was one of my Mom's favorite way of making her pasta.

This is one of my favorites too.

For those that don't know

Aglio e Olio is an Italian traditional dish. Aglio e Olio means Garlic and Oil

She used Garlic salt and also added some parsley and Parmesan cheese.

Thanks for the memory ncn of my Mom.

Don't you just love "Pasta aglio Oilo?)

First it is spelled..

Aglio e Olio for those who may try to find this.

Second this was one of my Mom's favorite way of making her pasta.

This is one of my favorites too.

For those that don't know

Aglio e Olio is an Italian traditional dish. Aglio e Olio means Garlic and Oil

She used Garlic salt and also added some parsley and Parmesan cheese.

Thanks for the memory ncn of my Mom.

Actually if you move around Italy and I lived there for over thirty years ; often the drop of the letter e in Aglio e Olio is used..Just go to Rome or Lazio and see how they drop the e.

But it is of no importance , its the quality that counts.

In Rome you are far more likely to get pepperoncini added as you would in the further Sicilian parts of Sicily. Where they tend to favour diced anchovies

Then we could discuss the cheese , pecorino Romano or ricotta dura.

Plus the use of prezzemolo or not. :-}

Either way it is a delight.

Edited by ncn

:huh: And the end result was . . . ????

Avocado abuse..... :emot-blink:

LOL!!!!

I like Haas avocados (richer tasting and better texture), and here in California we have a lot of Mexicans, Filipinos and Asians. They have influenced what everybody eats (just like in England everything is curried). A favorite for Superbowl parties is Guacamole - you mix mashed Haas avocados (about 1/2 an avocado per person) with chopped tomatoes, onions and fresh cilantro and add a generous squeeze of lemon or lime juice, and salt to taste. (I also like a little bit of minced fresh jalapeno chile but that might be too spicy for you.) You dip (fried corn) tortilla chips into it. I am not sure if you folks who went to the garden party are going to be able to find corn tortillas (not Spanish omelettes but the Mexican flatbread) to fry, or the prepared tortilla chips (like Doritos, only unseasoned), because this is a Mexican item, but everyone in the USA loves Guacamole and that's how you eat it!

Another personal favorite of mine (I don't know any non-Asians who do this) is to blend 1/2 an avocado with a scoop of vanilla icecream and enough milk to get the blender going. Avocado milkshakes are unbelievably delicious!

Edited by Assured

Sign in to follow this