• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Jude 14 speaks of Enoch being the seventh from Adam & in 2 Peter 2:5 Noah is called the eighth person. Anyone know what is meant by this numbering?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

It means the 8th. person on the ark who was saved from destruction. It does not mean the 8th. person after Enoch.

2 Peter 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

It means the 8th. person on the ark who was saved from destruction. It does not mean the 8th. person after Enoch.

2 Peter 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

I had thought of that but it doesnt sit right with me for some reason. I was wondering if there might be another explanation for it.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

The number 8 represents a sign of renewal, a new beginning. At the end of Sukkot when Messiah returns a 're'newed age will begin, a life with Messiah ruling, even in music there are seven notes and the eight starts a new octave, God set everything on cycles, theres a seven day cycle which starts anew on the 'eight day'. There are huge meanings in every single thing we read in the bible even the names point to something He wants us to recognize and understand. If we look at Gods timing of creation and the idea of six thousand years of mans rule then a thousand of Gods, that age to come after the millennial reign we go to eight thousands year and a brand new age. Its all really interesting when you dig into it all.

shalom,

Mizz

The number 8 represents a sign of renewal, a new beginning. At the end of Sukkot when Messiah returns a 're'newed age will begin, a life with Messiah ruling, even in music there are seven notes and the eight starts a new octave, God set everything on cycles, theres a seven day cycle which starts anew on the 'eight day'. There are huge meanings in every single thing we read in the bible even the names point to something He wants us to recognize and understand. If we look at Gods timing of creation and the idea of six thousand years of mans rule then a thousand of Gods, that age to come after the millennial reign we go to eight thousands year and a brand new age. Its all really interesting when you dig into it all.

shalom,

Mizz

Hey mizzdy, Do you think then that Noah being the 8th is about new beginning then?

I am very interested in the way God uses numbers in the Bible & also the cycles that God has set in place. In how the feasts fall at specific times & especially the Year of Jubilee which came every 50th year.( I have lots of questions about that & would like to find teaching about how that ties with the end times &/or coming of Christ, if you know of any)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  33

I always understood they were numbering generations.

Hi candice, i thought it was to number generations too & that appears to be the case with Enoch being the 7th. If i am counting right, Noah is the 10th from Adam.(that's what got me questioning on it) I don't remember any one else being specifically numbered this way, but haven't checked thoroughly.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  33

Hi candice, i thought it was to number generations too & that appears to be the case with Enoch being the 7th. If i am counting right, Noah is the 10th from Adam.(that's what got me questioning on it) I don't remember any one else being specifically numbered this way, but haven't checked thoroughly.

In the bible, genealogies are often presented in multiples of seven or ten. It's really fascinating when you dig into it. The "eras' are grouped into multiples of seven etc etc.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

shalom,

Mizz

Hey mizzdy, Do you think then that Noah being the 8th is about new beginning then?

I am very interested in the way God uses numbers in the Bible & also the cycles that God has set in place. In how the feasts fall at specific times & especially the Year of Jubilee which came every 50th year.( I have lots of questions about that & would like to find teaching about how that ties with the end times &/or coming of Christ, if you know of any)

Hi Goldust,

I'm short on time this weekend but I do believe its a 'type or shadow' of whats to come. Just like Moses was in some ways can be seen as a 'type or shadow' of the Messiah, so is the numbers and other things we read in scriptures. I personally believe that ever story, all those things written are written to show us something, its just up to us to dig for the buried treasures. The feast reveal and point to Gods plan, Yom Kippur always starts the Jubliee year also. I have a short series of articles relating to what they all mean etc. send me a pm reminding me to send them to you. Gotta run now!

shalom,

Mizz