• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,464
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,762
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Hello my dear brothers and sisters,

I thought I would do a study on Yom Kippur so people could begin to familiarize themselves with the Jewish feasts.

The scripture reference --

Lev. 23:26-32 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD. And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God. For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people. And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people. Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings. It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

Yom Kippur was a time of reflecting back over the past year and repenting of sin and offering up a sacrifice.

Yom Kippur is a sacred day in Jewish celebration. Before the Temple veil was torn in half with the death of Jesus it was the ONLY day that the High Priest could enter into the Holy of Holies!

Now the High Priest could never enter into the Holy of Holies wearing his Priestly attire -- He had to enter in with simply a white garment.

This is the background for Yom Kippur and I want to bring some practical application for our daily walks through this Jewish holiday.

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

Thanks for sharing this George! I honestly had no idea what Yom Kippur was about! :t2:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Good idea, George!

The fact is, there is a lot to be learned from the Jewish feasts, and the connotations and symbolism associated with them.

The Bible says that the feasts were shadows, but Christ is the substance. I find this in at least two applications... spiritual and prophetic.

The example of Yom Kippur and the priests being able to enter the Holy of Holies only in a simple white garment is a wonderful illustration of a spiritual lesson.

Furthermore, as all aspects of the spring feasts were fulfilled perfectly by Jesus during His first coming, we can look to the fall feasts for knowledge and hope concerning His second coming.

(Interestingly enough, I am in the midst of a study on this subject. The parallels between clearly spoken prophecies and the implications of the feasts would just knock your socks off... Yom Teruah (Rosh HaShanah) comes before the Days of Awe, Yom Kippur, and the Feast of Tabernacles, in case anyone is wondering whether or not the pre-trib rapture is Biblical. :t2: )

In the name of the Most High,

NF

• Steward

• Group:  Steward

I'm sorry I totally forgot I started this topic and meant to add many different practical applications.

First of all, Yom Kippur is written in Hebrew as - Yom Ha Kippurim. It means the Day of Coverings.

Kippurim is not a singular word -- it's a plurality of Hebrew. You see God's covering is not just a covering -- but COVERINGS!

You see God's covering over you is so great that it cannot be contained in a covering -- but COVERINGS! You see Jesus our Messiah, is the fulfillment of Yom Ha Kippurim -- He is our covering and he's covering EVERY area of your life.

That means EVERY SIN is covered. He spreads His COVERINGS over every aspect of your life! But not only is your sin completely covered!

When you are in danger -- He's COVERING YOU! When you need someone to protect you -- He's COVERING YOU! You see He's covering you in all kinds of ways -- covering you in LOVE, PEACE, GRACE, and FORGIVENESS!

Next year on Yom Kippur -- Celebrate all the ways He covers you!

Walk in joy -- walk courageously -- walk in His Power because He is our Yom Ha Kippurim -- and His COVERINGS are all around you!

Your brother in Messiah with much agape love,

George

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

Awsome post George.

Yahshua is our Yom Kippur

bek193.gif

God bless,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

George,

I doubt I speak for just myself when I say please continue to post threads about all the Jewish holidays!

If anybody has Microsoft Outlook, you can import every single Jewish holiday and put it on your calendar. I did at work and it has many holidays that I have never heard of before.

• Steward

There's many practical applications to Yom Kippur.

For example, the High Priest would have to strip himself down of all his priestly attire and entire into the Holy of Holies with nothing but his white garment.

Rev 3:4  Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Rev. 3:18  I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

You see, we need to be clothed in white! We need to clothe ourselves in Jesus' righteousness and holiness! When we enter into the Holy of Holies -- into the presence of God!

We need to strip ourselves of sin, of pride, of self-righteousness, of ego, of hate -- we need to come into the presence of God without anything else except the righteousness of Jesus covering us so that we can truly enter into His presence!

You want to have a life in the presence of God -- you gotta strip down so there's nothing but you and God -- and you being covered by the righteousness of Yeshua!

Your brother in Messiah with much agape love,

George

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

This reminds me of something I would like to share:first, it is of import that we have so much dedicated to building the tabernacle and so little speaking of building the universe.

In Revelation it is the

Edited by sail2awe

• Steward

Good comments Sail!