• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

God chooses us. The Bible says that there is none that seek God (Romans 3:11). The Father takes the first step by drawing us to Jesus (John 6:44).

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

What a great topic & some wonderfully captive posts.

I didn't choose God. At age 7 God chose me. I don't doubt this as I was faced with choosing from 3 schools & I opted for a choral school. Someone obviously pushed me in the direction of the Abbey School.

At 16 we moved to England & speaking only Geiligh & little English at a time of much anti- Irish(ism), I really needed my God & he was always there for me & never failed me.

I always refer to "My God". Having worked in various places throughout the world & sometimes in an NGO resettlement camp, witnessing a lot of suffering, I'm aware that we can all have different perceptions of our own higher power.

But I always talk to my God for an hour each day. As work still takes me to different places I speak with my God at my Abbey, in chapels, at airports, hospitals or even in a wide open space. My God is still always there for me.

We sometimes argue, we can fight, we joke as well as praying & talking together. I often ask questions but always get an answer. Sometimes the answe takes weeks but it always comes.

My God is my Father, my confident, adviser & best friend I am so lucky he chose to take me under his wing & test me.

Rath de Ort.

C +

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

I too am a Christian. This was not a title I felt at all comfortable with wearing until recently. Seeing how divided the church is, I even had issues being happy being called a member of the church. This of course, was all about pride. Listening to the pastor at the church I attend regularly with my family however, I came to see the errors in this. We as Christians, need one another. Fellowship too is something we are instructed to seek. It is a means to grow as well as learn in our faith. There is no doubt we are not perfect and in need of salvation.

Having being brought up in a Christian household....it amazes me sometimes just how much of a child in Christ I am. It is almost like there is a little candle inside of me that on occasion needs to be struck with a match in order for me to see. This is something that I feel is happening more and more as I delve into God's word, seek fellowship within the church, and try....yes,...try to steer clear of the unhealthy elements around me that tempt me on a daily basis.

I chose to be a Christian because not only did He first love me, but He showed no shame in loving someone as sinful as me. He did so without expectation. He did so without condemning me. He did so...freely so that way I too, might be free. That sort of love is something I not only would like to know, but share with others who like me, have difficulty loving themselves. For love like His, there is simply no words. There is only joy, hope, and peace to be had. This sort of love too is redeeming. It can move mountains, and bring about miracles. Even without such....this love is everlasting, enduring....and something that no earthly gift or object can outweigh in value.

Edited by AmateurPoet03

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Birthday:  02/14/1980

Demons are real!

I always thought I was saved since I believed in Jesus as long as I can remember. However, strange things would happen to me. I remember having weird dreams, and waking up with scratches or being hurt. This I blame on myself, which made more sense from the logical perspective so I always disregarded it. The ugly faces that would visit in the dark and torment me until I started to quote scripture. One of the first one I remembered was Luke 10:19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.    Eventually the entity would leave, but now I had problems with sleeping with my lights off, since it only seemed to occur in darkness. However, my light would blow out within days and close to night .So I started to use the hall light, same case scenario. The fear remained for a long time, and when there is a thunder storm, I admit it sometimes comes back. It was not until I was about 19 when it pretty much stopped. I was listening to a church radio pastor name Chuck Smith, when it finally hit me. I was not saved, so I said the sinner prayer and later made the public confession at Oasis, a church in LA.  I believe that is when it stopped, only occasionally hunts my dreams and if I am so how wavering strange thing began to happen so I almost immediately repent.

When I came to faith, I didn't really know what to expect so..

I don't think it was possible to put my faith in a word in the dictionary.

After I came to faith, I found out that love chose me. :)

On 8/24/2013 at 4:35 PM, DRS81 said:

When I came to faith, I didn't really know what to expect so..

I don't think it was possible to put my faith in a word in the dictionary.

After I came to faith, I found out that love chose me. :)

:thumbsup:

~

Simply

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Jesus

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11

Yeah, that's good.

A person's testimony is powerful.

God bless

http://markromineministries.wordpress.com

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

John 6:44, No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

We are drawn by the Father, every man on Earth ever born, then we are free to decide, as freewill moral agents weather we want to believe or not!