• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

I tried reaching God through prayer. I implored him to make himself known to me. Nothing happened.
Celsius, what would have been satisfactory to you? How could God have 100% convinced you in that manner? (Keeping in mind that everyday his creation is yelling, screaming, doing back flips in revelation to you).

How did you pray to a being in whom you have no faith that he even exists?

Rom 10:13 for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Rom 10:14 How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed?

Jas 1:5 But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

Jas 1:6 But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind.

Jas 1:7 For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord,

Heb 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

You do not come to the creator of the Universe in such a fashion. If you lack faith, fall on your face and ask him to help your unbelief, if you do not even believe he exists, yet you want to challenge him to reveal himself, you'll be waiting for quite a while my friend. They that come to God, must believe that he is.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/11/1987

Life is worthless and pointless without God.

Everything you gain can be lost at anytime. Anything pleasureable is fleeting. Who is benefitting from the pleasure they experienced a month ago.

Without God does it matter how we spend time on earth. Does it really matter if we kill ourselves when things aren't going well.

Faithlessness is total madness.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/03/1951

Hi

Theology is crucial but it just takes us so far. You are right to note that Christianity is more than answers to a theology test. A critical aspect of Christianity is fellowship with God.

There will be many in heaven with bad theologies.

Dr. OSAS

Hello I figured I wanted to share why I have decided to be a Christian. I am hoping other Christians will do the same. I do not want this thread to be debated, but a place to share our stories. Also as this is in the outer court, lets attempt to keep the "Christian Slang" out of the story!

As for myself...

I was raised in a Christian home, however that is not why I chose to be a Christian, nor why I chose to keep the faith. Many of the kids I grew up with in my church, decided that Christ was not for them, and left the church and Christianity completely as have some of my siblings.

Well, for many reasons, I have chosen to stay but it starts with me doing a course when I was around 14 or 15 years old. The course was about evangelism. The speaker was teaching on all the world religions. The speaker said something I'll never forget. "If what I tell you today about what any other religion makes more sense, then leave the faith and go to that one. I ask this as I do not want you to feel that you have the real truth.

This made me think very critically of the information he provided, and after much information all true and all I have verified in years since have made me decided that of the world religions that Christianity made the most sense to me.

Now this was an important part of my decision but not the full part of it.

I have also, since I was very small had a huge interest in science, history, geology etc. I have always been a nerd. Being so I did a lot of study into evolution and other thins of that nature, and they struck me to be non-scientific. (I do not want to debate that here! ) Due to this and a few other things I realized that atheism was not for me.

However, for the most part of my life it was something I did as I believed but it was more of a "it makes sense" and "Its the right thing to do" however it really never penetrate deep into my whole being, it was not a part of me, or very real to me yet.

That changed at teen camp run by the christian missions organization "Youth With A Mission" The speaker was challenging us to do more then make it a head decision, more then just a "Nice Church Guy" thing but something to really live, really to as he put it "Yes you can be a Christian and go to heaven, but do you want to really be on Fire for God? To really live your whole life for Christ and not just be a nice person who keeps the pew warm in church?" He said "If you want to really be on fire, come up to the front, as fast as you can, don't worry about bumping into others, you can apologize later, Show God your are serious."

I was in the back of an auditorium that had at the time at least 200 other teens. I was one of the first to the front, several folding chairs and one or two people gave way before me as I ran, There was a tiny spot at the very front I leaped over 2 people already kneeling and landed face first. (I was young and springy!) I was okay, and at that moment, I knew, that deep in the very depths of my soul that I was going to do what ever it took to be more then just a pew warmer, but to be 100% for God.

You see from that time on God became really real to me. I felt him speaking to me, in my head, and no I am not crazy. You see part of it is this. God has told me things about others that I had no earthy way of knowing.

Years later I was at a youth conference, and I was part of the "prayer staff" there were over 2000 teens from all over the world there.

We had one girl come and ask for prayer, for what initially I do not remember. However I remember the results. It was me and two other female members of the prayer team I had called over. (I do not think its wise for a young man to pray for a young lady alone). They all started praying for this girl. I was sitting back and quietly praying.

Now just as a note, I had never met this girl before in my life, and they were all wearing jeans and the official camp t-shirt. There was nothing about this girl that would have given me any insight to her.

As I was praying, I felt that God was speaking to me, and told me this. "She has placed her art above me, and she needs to put me first." I thought this was rather strange but I told her and her two friends with her. "You know, I feel like the Lord is saying that you made something more important in your life then him. Something to do with art."

Here response was immediate and surprising to me. Her and her friends exploded into tears. Her friend told me "She is an artist" I don't remember which one but one of them told me that "Art is her life, and that is all she does it is the one thing she cares about the most."

Now you see you may not understand if your not a christian what is so bad about art. There is noting wrong in it in and of itself. The point was, she had made Art her God. The thing she worshiped most. and I spoke with her about that gently and she agreed with me.

The point of this story was not about the art, but the fact that I knew something about a girl in a crowd of over 2000 people that was 100% accurate to what she was going through and thinking, even though I had never met her before that moment. This sort of thing has happened to me over and over again. I have seen many things such as this over the years, and this sort of thing has had me hang on to my faith over the years.

You see when I chose to believe and have my full faith in God, and let it be more then an intellectual idea, I have had my faith affirmed by such things. He has shown me he is real beyond a shadow of a doubt.

You see, the God I serve, is interested in having a relationship. Two way speaking and listening. Guiding and loving, and I know that he does in my life. You see, I love having a God who is not just there to punish but to speak to!

I do hope if you don't know this God that one day you'll get to meet him.

Isaiah.

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

I remember being called to Jesus about ten years ago. I think we are called as Christians and it is an aided decision not totally made without help from the Holy Spirit. It was quite an amazing experience. I was working in a kitchen as a cook and really was an unhappy person, although I didn't want to come to Jesus just because I was unhappy. There was a sweet old Pentecostal sister who was the dishwasher at the time there and she used to witness to us all with great love. It was the love she displayed to us that drew me to commit my life to the Lord. I also remember being compelled by a an outside force to go pray with her that was the Holy Spirit, and I was baptised in the Spirit the next morning after dedicating my life to Jesus. Being baptised in the Holy Spirit was the best experience of my life as the peace I felt in contrast to the hopelessness I felt beforehand was amazing. I just knew that everything was going to be ok after that. So, I was compelled to become a Christian out of love. God Bless and much love in Christ :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  6

great thread

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Birthday:  12/01/1946

Hello I figured I wanted to share why I have decided to be a Christian. I am hoping other Christians will do the same. I do not want this thread to be debated, but a place to share our stories. Also as this is in the outer court, lets attempt to keep the "Christian Slang" out of the story!

As for myself...

I was raised in a Christian home, however that is not why I chose to be a Christian, nor why I chose to keep the faith. Many of the kids I grew up with in my church, decided that Christ was not for them, and left the church and Christianity completely as have some of my siblings.

Well, for many reasons, I have chosen to stay but it starts with me doing a course when I was around 14 or 15 years old. The course was about evangelism. The speaker was teaching on all the world religions. The speaker said something I'll never forget. "If what I tell you today about what any other religion makes more sense, then leave the faith and go to that one. I ask this as I do not want you to feel that you have the real truth.

This made me think very critically of the information he provided, and after much information all true and all I have verified in years since have made me decided that of the world religions that Christianity made the most sense to me.

Now this was an important part of my decision but not the full part of it.

I have also, since I was very small had a huge interest in science, history, geology etc. I have always been a nerd. Being so I did a lot of study into evolution and other thins of that nature, and they struck me to be non-scientific. (I do not want to debate that here! ) Due to this and a few other things I realized that atheism was not for me.

However, for the most part of my life it was something I did as I believed but it was more of a "it makes sense" and "Its the right thing to do" however it really never penetrate deep into my whole being, it was not a part of me, or very real to me yet.

That changed at teen camp run by the christian missions organization "Youth With A Mission" The speaker was challenging us to do more then make it a head decision, more then just a "Nice Church Guy" thing but something to really live, really to as he put it "Yes you can be a Christian and go to heaven, but do you want to really be on Fire for God? To really live your whole life for Christ and not just be a nice person who keeps the pew warm in church?" He said "If you want to really be on fire, come up to the front, as fast as you can, don't worry about bumping into others, you can apologize later, Show God your are serious."

I was in the back of an auditorium that had at the time at least 200 other teens. I was one of the first to the front, several folding chairs and one or two people gave way before me as I ran, There was a tiny spot at the very front I leaped over 2 people already kneeling and landed face first. (I was young and springy!) I was okay, and at that moment, I knew, that deep in the very depths of my soul that I was going to do what ever it took to be more then just a pew warmer, but to be 100% for God.

You see from that time on God became really real to me. I felt him speaking to me, in my head, and no I am not crazy. You see part of it is this. God has told me things about others that I had no earthy way of knowing.

Years later I was at a youth conference, and I was part of the "prayer staff" there were over 2000 teens from all over the world there.

We had one girl come and ask for prayer, for what initially I do not remember. However I remember the results. It was me and two other female members of the prayer team I had called over. (I do not think its wise for a young man to pray for a young lady alone). They all started praying for this girl. I was sitting back and quietly praying.

Now just as a note, I had never met this girl before in my life, and they were all wearing jeans and the official camp t-shirt. There was nothing about this girl that would have given me any insight to her.

As I was praying, I felt that God was speaking to me, and told me this. "She has placed her art above me, and she needs to put me first." I thought this was rather strange but I told her and her two friends with her. "You know, I feel like the Lord is saying that you made something more important in your life then him. Something to do with art."

Here response was immediate and surprising to me. Her and her friends exploded into tears. Her friend told me "She is an artist" I don't remember which one but one of them told me that "Art is her life, and that is all she does it is the one thing she cares about the most."

Now you see you may not understand if your not a christian what is so bad about art. There is noting wrong in it in and of itself. The point was, she had made Art her God. The thing she worshiped most. and I spoke with her about that gently and she agreed with me.

The point of this story was not about the art, but the fact that I knew something about a girl in a crowd of over 2000 people that was 100% accurate to what she was going through and thinking, even though I had never met her before that moment. This sort of thing has happened to me over and over again. I have seen many things such as this over the years, and this sort of thing has had me hang on to my faith over the years.

You see when I chose to believe and have my full faith in God, and let it be more then an intellectual idea, I have had my faith affirmed by such things. He has shown me he is real beyond a shadow of a doubt.

You see, the God I serve, is interested in having a relationship. Two way speaking and listening. Guiding and loving, and I know that he does in my life. You see, I love having a God who is not just there to punish but to speak to!

I do hope if you don't know this God that one day you'll get to meet him.

Isaiah.

Hello Isaiah 6:8:

I'm new here (...I SIGNED UP YESTERDAY...) to the boards and, as I was exploring around a bit, I came across your posting here and I just wanted to say something about what I seen; I can see absolute pure "Spiritual Surender" enbedded deep within your words....God Bless you for such a bold open hearted testimoney...Thank you...!

GODS BLESSINGS AND KIND REGARDS FROM:

THE CUP

Edited by The Cup

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Grace and peace to all,

Praise the LORD when I say I am overjoyed HE choose me, because I definitely did not choose Him in my life.

I was amazed by JESUS when I heard HIS name, what HE did, and believed in what HE did when I was young in Christian school.

But, following the actions of the love of CHRIST is where I was.

Was ignorant to the rest.

But, over 10 years ago I became HIS servant.

HE confirmed HE choose me, and recently I can say HE has changed me from servant into HIS friend.

He left me with the Holy Spirit for a long time.

GOD stepped in strong and stern as my FATHER.

JESUS caressed me with HIS LOVE constantly, and showed me what I was missing when I was young.

It's like a bit of the stories of Moses, Jonah, Job, David, and Paul, and how HE came showed them.

The meeting with Jesus was crazy some years back.

Wasn't knocked off a horse.

But was in a situation where HE pushed me back here; and my knowledge of the WORD was much higher than it was before.

I knew it was HIM.

He's been showing me it's HIM ever since.

Love of JESUS CHRIST to all of you.

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Enjoyed the reading

I also had my experience in the 70's.

Living like many young men burning the candle on both ends, then I received an unsolicited touch.

That was it, saved up my pennies and off to the seminary I went.

I came out of the Baptist seminary with my chest stuck out and my head in the clouds, but by His grace He is straightening me out.

The Christian life is not static.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I chose to be a Christian as a child when I first was introduced to church. I've spent my life since trying to live decent (though a messed up sinner) and then several months ago, I had a born again experience and have realized that while I chose the Christian faith as a child, Christianity has now chosen me and I am ever so grateful to the Lord. :mgcheerful:

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/23/1988

I was the one chosen.

But, I appreciate the spirit intended.

Ditto.....

I've had the gift of faith for longer than I recall.....

I was sung Christian songs, prayed for, etc. while I was still in my mother's womb - and like John the Baptist, I believe I heard..... and God gave me faith.

My parents at home have the OLD graining video tape of some children's program at our church. I honestly don't remember anything about it, but Dad was there with that HUGE video camara he loved so much.... And there I am. Maybe 5 or so. Cute, blonde/blue little boy (I look ALL like a girl), white shorts.... talking about "what Jesus means to me." When I was a teen, alone at home, sometimes I would dig out that video - and watch that kid.... listen to that boy..... STUNNED by his faith..... envious..... That little boy and I are "on the same page" again. Soli Deo Gloria.

Pax

- Josiah

Edited by CaliforniaJosiah