machew

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

i have dealt with the dark side for a good part of my life. I would disagree that any of the authority was given back to us that Satan managed to get in this world. We as humans have no authority in the spiritual realm whatsoever and everyone who attempts to enter that realm and fight will learn that lesson very quickly. The only authority or power that we can effect comes directly from the Holy Spirit, and that's not something to take lightly. A true Christian who is in step with the Holy Spirit has no fear from the spirit world at all, but the devil sometimes can convince your neighbor that you need your backside kicked physically.

Long story short from my perspective is that if the Holy Spirit is not directing you to interfere in the Spirit world, you should not be involved......... If he is not directing you to deal with the Spirit world you might want to find out why. Hope that makes sense....... I'm on antihistamines..

I totally agree, if the Holy Spirit is not directing a person to interfere in the Spirit world, you should not be involved.

Whenever I think of authority in this way, I think of an ambassador. And ambassador does not have an army to enforce what he says. He is a representative of the ruler who has the army. So, as long as the ambassador is speaking what he knows the ruler wants, he has the authority and the army of the ruler will back him up.

When I was young, around 10 years old, I was going to be home alone for two nights. (Times were different back then). Anyway, the first full day alone, I noticed the house seemed warmer then usual. As time went on, it kept getting warmer and warmer and the furnace was on, so I checked the thermostat. It already said 78 degrees but was set at 72. I turned the thermostat all the way off, but the furnace kept running. I was getting concerned as I could not turn the furnace off, and clearly it was going to keep running on and on. I called the gas company and asked them some questions, and they said they should probably send out a repair man. Did I want them to? I said yes. The repairman showed up and fixed the furnace and I signed that the work had been done.

All of this story points to something I have always thought applied in scripture. I was only 10 years old. I did not have a job, and had no money of my own so I could not pay the bill. I also did not own the house. Or the furnace. My father owned the house and furnace and he paid the bills. Why did I have authority to call the gas company and tell them to send a repair man, and then sign for the bill? Because I was my fathers daughter. I had authority to act in my fathers interests even if I didn't have the power, or money or anything else, I could speak in my fathers name, since I was doing what he would have wanted done.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Discussion is meaningless if there is no personal growth.

Spiritual growth requires scriptural instruction and rebuke.

From my phone...

Why would you say that discussion is meaningless if there is no personal growth?

Really not sure what your point is...Hi by the way :)

Thankyou and God bless

My purpose was to try and lend support to the post in response to OneLights' critique.

We discuss to meet an objective. If that personal objective is not met than 'our' efforts were in vain.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

The point I was making is that these forums are not for people toteach, but to discuss. The post I quoted was a teaching post where no discussion was encouraged.

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

When Adam and Eve came into agreement with the devil’s assessment of reality, they sinned. And because there was no atonement for sin at the time, they were separated from God and their agreement with the devil essentially handed over their delegated authority over the Earth to the devil.(John 12:31, John 14:30, 2 Corinthians 4:4, Matthew 4:8-10)

Thank you for writing this.   This has been niggling at the back of my mind for months and I couldn't properly conceptualize it.

Also, does spiritual warfare consist of demonic harrasment? Or does demonic harassment necessitate a deliverance?

Edited by WalkTheWay

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Dearest OtherOne,

I couldn't have said it any better myself,,,,and I must say I used to practice in the occult ,in witchcraft and have much experience in these matters.....we have zero power or authority that was given back to us,we have zero authority in that realm!.....if for one minute anyone is convinced that they are some kind of mighty warrior then they are being deceived....Someone once told me that if you are not running into the enemy as you go down your path then you are walking on the same side of the street as the enemy,possibly unaware!

Don't misunderstand me.....in Christ Jesus we have ALL authority to access the Power of the Holy Spirit (He is the power that works in us)...Better be in right relationship,in step,armored up,in spirit and know that it is the Lord that rebukes them,binds them,casts them out etc...

Exactly,I say "exactly"as you say....if the Holy  Spirit has not directed you into warfare then you have no business being involved.I found out in a most terrifying way and that is a whole other story for another time......I  see people giving the enemy too much credit as the enemy is like a little annoying gnat up against the power of the Holy Spirit and I see people underestimating the powers of demons.....the full armor of God is best and resist the devil and he will flee unless you are assigned warfare......

No demon in hell wants to be around when you are worshipping God.....spend much time on your knees and delight the Lord......we don't choose what we are called to do and not everyone is used for Spiritual Warfare

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

When a woman is raped, her natural instincts towards reproduction and sex are taken advantage of, tortured, and devastated.

College fraternities across America have been accused of engaging in party-related rape behaviors that often go unpunished.

When social governance fails in addressing problems of everyday crime and punishment, humanity becomes vulnerable to the sins of moral apathy.

The dissemination of moral apathy creates a spiritual warfare landscape in which gluttony and lust become idolized as heretical symbols of compromise and sloth.

This is why modern era lingo-labor Hollywood (USA) movies such as "Johnny Mnemonic" (1995) could potentially serve as social psyche symbols of intelligence colloquialization.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

This is why modern era lingo-labor Hollywood (USA) movies such as "Johnny Mnemonic" (1995) could potentially serve as social psyche symbols of intelligence colloquialization.

It would be great if you posted a few bible references instead of just posting film biographies in you posts.   :thumbsup:

Hollywood has it's place but the Bible is meant to be bread for daily use, not cake for special occasions.   :)

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

When a woman is raped, her natural instincts towards reproduction and sex are taken advantage of, tortured, and devastated.

College fraternities across America have been accused of engaging in party-related rape behaviors that often go unpunished.

When social governance fails in addressing problems of everyday crime and punishment, humanity becomes vulnerable to the sins of moral apathy.

The dissemination of moral apathy creates a spiritual warfare landscape in which gluttony and lust become idolized as heretical symbols of compromise and sloth.

Perhaps we could use the word of God to explain spiritual warfare/ what it entails / how to win in it ?  I think our main focus should be on what God says about the matter and what God tells us to do.

Eph 6:8  Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.

Eph 6:9  And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.

Eph 6:10  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Eph 6:11  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Eph 6:13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Eph 6:15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Eph 6:16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Eph 6:18  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Eph 6:19  And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Eph 6:20  For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Eph 6:21  But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things:

Eph 6:22  Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.

Eph 6:23  Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Eph 6:24  Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen

• 1 month later...

Amen, Brother Hippie!  Save some Fruit Loops for me!

If I might add, and Ephesians is very good and teaching Scripture, btw;

Daniel 7:13-28

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Son of Man Presented

13 “I kept looking in the night visions,
And behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like a Son of Man was coming,
And He came up to the Ancient of Days
And was presented before Him.
14 “And to Him was given dominion,
Glory and a kingdom,
That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
Might serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away;
And His kingdom is one
Which will not be destroyed.

(This establishes Christ's authority.)

Matthew 11

25 At that time Jesus said, “I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants. 26 Yes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight. 27 All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

(Christ declares His authority and the right to reveal to whom He pleases.)

Romans 14

For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

(That He has authority over the living and the dead.)

Ephesians 1

20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. 22 And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church,

Phillipians 2

9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

(At the mention of His glorious Name all will bow ...)

Matthew 16:

19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.”

(Sharing His authority with believers, saints, those sealed by the Holy Spirit ...)

Mark 3

And He appointed twelve, so that they would be with Him and that He could send them out to preach, 15 and to have authority to cast out the demons.

(I am His disciple!  Aren't you?)

Mark 16

17 These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues;

Luke 10

17 The seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.” 18 And He said to them, “I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning. 19 Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you. 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven.”

I praise God my name is recorded in heaven!

Jesus taught on and on about authority over demons.  He also taught about the kind that come out only by "fasting and prayer."

Jude 1

But Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

Dressing daily in the armor of God with all authority given us by Christ Jesus and simply saying, "the Lord rebuke you!"  And it is done for us. amen

Christ restored us through His blood.  What the devil took away, He made new again.  We are redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb of God and the devil hates that!

Finally, brethren, be strong in the Lord and the power of His might!

Put on the whole armor and fight the good fight!

Your servant in Christ Jesus,

PrairWarur

PTL