• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/22/1946

Did we exist as souls prior to Adam's creation?

I'm sorry you feel as you do. I would never believe or repeat anything that wasn't scripturally founded.

Please forgive my intrusion on this thread.

.......Whirlwind

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

to avin jade

an excelent post i had a good read from what you left in your post and then i had to also read what others wear saying just to hear wear this is going so i do not jump on no ones toes or have any one miss hear what i am saying

coming to your question which is this now the question is what have we done in our lives since christ has called us

now that we are belivers what is our responce are we evangelizing and serving the lord

wel after a shaky start as a babe in christ wear i ran in stead of alowing god to have full control i can only say since 2001 wear god shock me up and wear i had to repent and dig deep and take a real good look i can honestly say

yes i live in a small country town and ever since moving hear this place has been my training ground and a place wear i as a person have been able to draw close to god and also use my life experiances to wear i am able to share to the troubled youth i have gotten to know and to wear i have also had the chance to be involved with sevral diffrent orginisations and pass on my skills as our churhes out reach worker

these are the groups i have been involved with since 2001

young life

armidale community foot patrol which i helped start this we have a bus that is used to pick up you that hang out on friday and saturday nights from 8.30 pm to 4am we brake up in two groups of volunters and make sure our youth that live in this farming comunity are safe and they have some one to talk to our target group is from 12 to 18 the youngest youth we have also taken home is from 5 to 13

i also had the chance to brake the culture gap that was between the aborigonal youth of this town and the police as from wear i stood back and looked at the whole picture if things wear going to go our way then we also needed to work hand in hand with the police of our town and show them that we are hear to support them and show them that we also apreciate what they do it took time to do this and know the police work in with the comunity foot pattrol which is of non belivers and of course christians when they decide to get out of their comfort zones i have to do a lot of pushing in this farming comunity to get christians out of their comfort zones just to see that these kids are not as bad as they say they are

before i moved hear the police us to throw the troubled aborigonal males in the cel for the night now since i have been hear and heavely involved they do not arrest them but take them home in the police car to their parents also we get called by the police and they let us know wear the hot spots are

young life is an anglican group that is mainlg from america we use the moduals young life gives out what young life does is hold youth events youth nights and threw winter and summer we hold camps wear kids from all over come to these camps to un wind have fun and also hear the gospel preached this is done in the winter camps and the summer camps

the center i have been involved in is the only drop in center and the drop in center is the only one in new england as we get all the worst youth coming which is good for me as i was one of these kids my self so i love the youth that have stuck with young life we have sevral pool tables a tv we also play christian music and they get fed young life has young people from with in tbe body of christ in the town i live in helping

the center also plays christian music and it just was given 9 computers with 4 that are on the net

we do not force the gospel at al down these kids throat so i need to make my self clear before some one decides to pick on what i say in this post we do how ever hold short talks wear a messages is bought and a leader gets to also share and then we let the young youth ask questions this is our rule and we stick by this rule we do not play god any one that plays god hear is show the front door after sevral of us have a word with them and their pastor

the kids we get are disadvantaged and from poor familys many single house hold kids with one mother while the father is in jail or to whacked of his head to care

so i needeed to make this very clear we give ground rules for christians to follow by we work hand in hand with other churches as we belive in walking in unity but when it comes to young life and the kids we get hear we are very prottective over these kids we do police checks before we put any one on and we also talk to their pastor and leaders

as we have had sevral freak out and leave and we want some one that can handle these kids and learn to love them as they are with out playing god

i also walk the streets when i get the chance just to see who is about and wear these kids are at

know coming back to also what you said in your topic i am a type of guy that is very open to the holy spirits leading i do not put my trust in man or mans doctrine as it was not man that convicted me it was the holy spirit that convicted me i do not worship one translation over another translation or hide behind scripture pasages i only put a scripture passage that i have applied to my life and that means something to me

even though i am planted in a good church and have good leaders around me and a good pastor that only wants the best for me i am a type of man that only depends on christ and christ alone i stay in the center of things and i do not tap no one on the shoulder or pul a topic one way so i need to make this clear

i know what jesus did for me and when i was shaken up i had to let go of a lot of things and i am great ful for the way christ shook me up it was like a wake up call i do not have a ba or a degree everything i know of is by the way the holy spirit has taught me i do not jump in the deep end i have a note pad and i jot what ever i hear and in my queit time i bring this before the lord even when i am hear on these forums i do the same

i do not even worship the person at the front preaching as i go by one principal if a man is going to tell me that they are hearing from god and i am to put my trust in him i i want to make sure that person is aware of all the warnings that are layed out in plain ink for all to read and i want to make sure that man also knows that god wil hold him acountable for what ever he says and does while he is alive on this earth that means if he puts some one down if he abuses his trust or if he forces his veiws on me than i say be very aware that you wil have god to deal with

this is just the way i have been ever since i came out of jail i dont play around and i challange if i have to

because it tells me this in timothy and i go by this principal

1 timothy 4 new spirit filled life bible

14 do not neglect the gift that is in you which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of hands of the eldership

15 meditate on these things give your self entirely to them that your progress may be evident to all

16 take heed to your self and to the doctrine continue in them for in doing this you wil save both your self and those who hear you

sorry for being so up front and blunt yet i took my time to what you had put in your post and i also took my time to read what others have been saying to see if this topic was sticking on course or being pulled one way

i hope this helps and shows you what sort of person i am and what christ has done in me i am not ashamed of this gospel or what christ did for me on the cross wear once i was ashamed this is naild to the cross

thank you very much for your excelent post :)

from your brother in the lord damien

Guest Justthefacts

:) Tsth, Did you catch the change from verse 12 to verse 13. Paul was talking to the predestinated up until verse 13. Then he begins to address those of free will. Those whom God will not meddle in their lives, but opens their eyes to His truth because they believed the report of facts given by the Apostles. Not listening to every wind of doctrine that flys by. Give it some thought and listen to Whirlwind's reasoning, because she is right on the mark.

Ayin Jade, The first thing you need to learn is to listen to The Lord and to not man. Not this man or anyother person without first checking them out in the scriptures. The second thing you need to learn to do is LISTEN before you jump at someone and start stepping on them. This serves no useful purpose. Whom someone may study with is their business, and what they wish to share of their learning is what this forum is about. You may not agree with them, and that is your right, but you dont have the Right to step on them.

You are good at quoting scripture. Why didnt you take a minute and check out the scripture's that Whirlwind gave to document her answer. If you had, then your responce may have been a different one. You just might have learned a little Truth instead of spitting forth damnation.

By the way, Adam was not his name, it is what he was created to be, and he was not the first man that our Father created. The first humans were created on the 6th day. Ha Adam as is written in the ancient texts, was created on the 8th day. Biblical numbers carry a lot of information in them. There are several good book's on the market pertaining to this by several different scholar's. Maby you should invest in one. The number 8 stands for a new beginning. Now why do you suppose that there needed to be a new beginning?

If you understood Gen. 1,1 and 1,2 Then you would have understood Whirlwind's answer to my question. But by your own words, you have deminstrated your ignorance.

The Lord said that we must be born of water and of spirit. Note that the water is first and then the spirit. So who is The Lord refering to when he said WE?

Is it not written That all souls come from God and all shall return to him?

So, If all souls belong to God, then they must be with Him before they are put into these flesh bodys. Is that to differcult for your pea brain to grasp. There is no intention of reincarnation with that fact. And if all are with Him, Then doesnt it stand to reason that he knows what sort it is. Some good and some bad, because God didnt create anything defiled, They are what they are by their own choosing. This is called free will. Dont you understand that you are one of these souls. That you were with God just as Matthew was, before God placed you here in the flesh?

The fact that there was an earth age before this one is not only Biblical, but scientificly upheld. So I would caution you once again, to Listen to The letter that That God sent you, ( The Bible ), and do your homework before you start spouting off at the mouth at others.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Ayin Jade, The first thing you need to learn is to listen to The Lord and to not man. Not this man or anyother person without first checking them out in the scriptures.

I do listen to Him and not man. I am Berean and check things against scripture. I have encountered shepherds chapel many times. The doctrines they promote are quite unsound.

The second thing you need to learn to do is LISTEN before you jump at someone and start stepping on them. This serves no useful purpose. Whom someone may study with is their business, and what they wish to share of their learning is what this forum is about.

Actually this forum is about glorifying the Lord. Ignoring false teachings and allowing them to go unrefuted in no way glorifies Him.

You are good at quoting scripture. Why didnt you take a minute and check out the scripture's that Whirlwind gave to document her answer. If you had, then your responce may have been a different one. You just might have learned a little Truth instead of spitting forth damnation.

Ive encountered that doctrine many times. Ive seen the scriptural "support" in the past. Its not truth.

By the way, Adam was not his name, it is what he was created to be, and he was not the first man that our Father created. The first humans were created on the 6th day. Ha Adam as is written in the ancient texts, was created on the 8th day. Biblical numbers carry a lot of information in them. There are several good book's on the market pertaining to this by several different scholar's. Maby you should invest in one. The number 8 stands for a new beginning. Now why do you suppose that there needed to be a new beginning?

This view adds to scripture, reading into scripture that which was never intended. Ive seen the "scholarly" efforts to bring numerology into the bible. Much of it isnt sound and reeks of the kind of mysticism we are to avoid.

If you understood Gen. 1,1 and 1,2 Then you would have understood Whirlwind's answer to my question. But by your own words, you have deminstrated your ignorance.

The Lord said that we must be born of water and of spirit. Note that the water is first and then the spirit. So who is The Lord refering to when he said WE?

You are confusing 2 seperate parts of scripture. Being born of water and spirit is from the New Testament and refers to being born of the flesh (via natural childbirth) and being born again of the Spirit (via salvation). It was Jesus' answer to someone who asked how we could be born again. Read in context, its quite clear. There is no link to Genesis 1 in this. There is nothing to say that we were from a prior earth age. To say otherwise is to add to scripture.

Is it not written That all souls come from God and all shall return to him?

So, If all souls belong to God, then they must be with Him before they are put into these flesh bodys.

Rain comes from God too. Rain doesnt exist with God from a prior earth age. All that means is that God created all souls. That is not evidence of a prior existence. Again you are adding meaning to scripture that doesnt exist.

Is that to differcult for your pea brain to grasp.

Thank you for the insult, one of many hurled at me in your post.

Matthew 5

11 Blessed are you when men shall revile you and persecute you , and shall say all kinds of evil against you falsely, for My sake.

12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for your reward in Heaven is great. For so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Dont you understand that you are one of these souls. That you were with God just as Matthew was, before God placed you here in the flesh?

A heresy not supported by scripture.

Guest shiloh357
Whom someone may study with is their business, and what they wish to share of their learning is what this forum is about. You may not agree with them, and that is your right, but you dont have the Right to step on them.
This is a CHRISTIAN message board. It is not a sounding board for every wind of doctrine or wacky idea that someone can dream up.

Ayin is right to challenge and question and Whirlwind and you. Everyone is responsible for what they post here. You can expect to be challenged and have your beliefs called into question. Jade was not "stepping" on anyone. She is disagreeing with Whirlwind's (and obviously yours as well) heretical, unbiblical teachings.

I affirm Ayin Jade for being willing to stand for the TRUE biblical, New Testament faith, and standing against the heretical claptrap you and Whirlwind are attempting poison the board with.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  1

Dear justthefacts,

I'm afraid that there are too many implied beliefs with regard to what you are stating. I do not like to lean on "theories implied" with Scripture, but rather "absolutes". What you are promoting does seem rather forced and implied. It does not seem to flow with the WHOLE of the Word.

I do appreciate your attitude of humbleness and non-combativeness. I also hope that this thread does not go offtrack from the OP.

Ayin, your post was appreciated.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

excellent post jade :emot-pray: and pointing out false doctrine was very needed! thank you dear sister in Christ.

love Rebekah David

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

saying that adam was not the first man... how foolish... to say that eve had a baby by satan ... utter foolishness. one claims the tree in the garden were not literal trees... well they GREW OUT OF THE ground and they produced fruit ( which we dont have today ) to say such things that the bible does not say is blaspemy or close to it

• 3 years later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

For some reason, I cannot start a new thread in this section. What I find interesting is not so much the call of Matthew but the call of Judas... or actually the lack thereof. If my guess is correct, he is the one who said he would follow Jesus anywhere... which Jesus in effect ignored. Observe:

Matthew 8:18-22 (KJV)

18 Now when Jesus saw great multitudes about him, he gave commandment to depart unto the other side.

19 And a certain scribe came, and said unto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.

20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.

22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

The scribe who pledged himself was ignored. The reluctant offspring was specifically called.

If the scribe was Judas Iscariot, it would explain how he had easy access to the Sanhedrin, and was in effect their spy.

• 4 years later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

See - Peter: You are the Christ (John 6.69 ff).

I like this on: HE said Luke 10.18 “I watched Satan fall from heaven like [a] lightning.“ /  But what is the context of Mathews calling?

Let me return.