ayin jade

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

In the context of Mathews calling – I saw these questions - Mark 2. 7 „Who can forgive sins except God alone?” 16 “Why does He eat with tax collectors and sinners?”, 24 They [your disciples] are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”

And than we see: Jesus forgives, HE was all for those that listened at this feast of Mathews calling. The Sabath is good. Thoug HE is supperior to the rules of Sabath.

HE is our … master of forgivness

Mark 2. 4 They removed the roof and let down the mat on which a paralyzed man was lying. 5 Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” 7 This is blasphemy „Who can forgive sins except God alone?” 8 Jesus, aware [of their hostility] 9 [asked:] „Which is easier, to say to the paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven’; or to say, ‘Get up, and pick up your mat and walk’? 10 the Son of Man has the authority to forgive sins”

Master of this feast

14 As He was passing by, He saw (Matthew) Levi, and He said, “Follow Me“. And he got up and followed Him. 15 and many tax collectors and sinners were eating with Him at the table in Levi’s house. 16 “Why does He eat with tax collectors and sinners?” 17 When Jesus heard this, He said to them, “Those who are healthy have no need of a physician, but [only] those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners“

Master of the Sabath

23 One Sabbath He was walking [with His disciples] through the grainfields, and as they went along, His disciples began picking the heads of grain. 24 The Pharisees said to Him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?” 25 Jesus said „remember what David did 26 he went into the house of God and ate the sacred bread,“ (it is not lawful for anyone but the priests to eat.) 27 Jesus said, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28 the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.“

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Very good observations, Melony.    Keep an eye on the date this was first posted--2004!  Some are always relevant but many of those who have posted are no longer with us.  Ayin Jade does still post.  

Blessings,

Willa

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

Thank You for sharing i'll study. You did great.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

"The Calling of Saint Matthew"

(Italian: Vocazione di San Matteo)

by Caravaggio, 1599–1600

Oil on canvas, 322 cm × 340 cm (127 in × 130 in)

in the gallery of San Luigi dei Francesi, Rome

7499378_orig.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2004 at 6:02 AM, ayin jade said:

Hi all,

This is my first time posting in this forum.....I have to admit Im a bit nervous. :laugh: This week, my pastor commented on the calling of Matthew the apostle. Ive taken a small part of his notes and posted it here. I hope you enjoy it as I did.

These 3 accounts of the calling of Matthew (Levi) each tell something about the apostle. In the first account, the apostle himself writes a subdued account of the major event in his life. In the Mark account, please note the bold part about how many sinners there were feasting with Jesus. In the Luke account, please note the bold part about how Matthew left everything behind, and prepared a great feast for Jesus.

And as Jesus passed on from there, He saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax-office. And He said to him, Follow Me! And he arose and followed Him. And it happened as Jesus reclined in the house, behold, many tax-collectors and sinners came and were reclining with Him and His disciples. And when the Pharisees saw, they said to His disciples, Why does your master eat with tax-collectors and sinners? But when Jesus heard, He said to them, The ones who are whole do not need a physician, but the ones who are sick. But go and learn what this is, I will have mercy and not sacrifice. For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. (Matthew 9:9-13)

And as He passed on, He saw Levi the son of Alpheus sitting at the tax-office. And He said to him, Follow Me. And he arose and followed Him. And it happened as Jesus reclined in his house, many tax-collectors and sinners also reclined with Jesus and His disciples. For there were many, and they followed Him. And when the scribes and Pharisees saw Him eat with tax-collectors and sinners, they said to His disciples, How is it that He eats and drinks with tax-collectors and sinners? When Jesus heard, He said to them, They who are strong have no need of a physician, but the ones who have illness. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. (Mark 2:14-17)

And after these things He went out and saw a tax-collector named Levi, sitting at the tax-office. And He said to him, Follow Me. And leaving all, he rose up and followed Him. And Levi made a great feast in his own house for Him. And there was a great company of tax-collectors and of others who were reclining with them. But their scribes and Pharisees murmured against His disciples, saying, Why do you eat and drink with tax-collectors and sinners? And Jesus answered and said to them, Those who are sound do not need a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous to repentance, but sinners. (Luke 5:27-32)

Points to consider

I believe all the gospels record John the Baptist and his baptism of repentance to escape the coming wrath. The self righteous did not fear at John's preaching. The baptism of John continued through Christ's disciples, during his ministry.

1  When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,
2  (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)

Mt 3:6  And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

Lu 7:29  And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.
Lu 7:30  But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.

Lu 20:4  The baptism of John, was it from heaven, or of men?
Lu 20:5  And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say, Why then believed ye him not?