IGNORED

Feeling really complicated

SweetRain

That would depend on what ones' church is like. If your church truly is a family unit, this would be true. But in too many churches, the service is about the service and not about the Body. People come in and say not much more than, "Hi, how are you," to each other - and that with only a few members of the congregation - sit in their seats or pews, participate in the routines of the service, and then leave still without any real interaction with each other.

Where is the life in this?

You must have been to "church" in my area. :laugh: I found that very thing while I was looking for a new church after my old one went "seeker friendly."

Where is the life in that? No where that I can see . . .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

Assembling with other believers is something we not only do for ourselves, but we do for our brethren.

That would depend on what ones' church is like. If your church truly is a family unit, this would be true. But in too many churches, the service is about the service and not about the Body. People come in and say not much more than, "Hi, how are you," to each other - and that with only a few members of the congregation - sit in their seats or pews, participate in the routines of the service, and then leave still without any real interaction with each other.

Where is the life in this?

Neb your right about this, I hear so many negative things about their experiences at their churches, the negative experiences seem to out weigh the positive for way too many. Its also how we react and put ourselves out there too that make a huge difference. Coming from my background church was a negative experience, when He finally made me ready to put myself out there and found my little congregation I was so nervous and apphrensive and it did take a few weeks before I was able to relax and started to get to know some of the people. I know that I could never attend one of those large mega churches just seems from all the people I have talked with the experiences have all been terrible.

If someone has a negative experience they should not give up on fellowship, just find another place to call home and for goodness sake always remember no church is perfect, won't even come close to it! yet its important to have some kind of fellowship in the flesh and that can be a bible study in ones home with family and friends.

shalom,

Mizz

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/07/1990

I agree on the points made here, especially of both making sure to have self control as well as good alone time. I kind of went through a phase where I had to be socially isolated so my alone time outside of church was more of a focus I needed to devote to God. But in the reverse, when i was surrounded with friends and family who took up most of my attention, going to church was important so that I wouldnt lose the importance of setting aside time for God amongst my busy schedule.

My concern within the past few months actually ran deeper than just my lack of wanting to go to church. Its like my life went numb and I didnt realize how bad it got until it was drawn to my attention. I had gone through a brief bad start when i moved out on my own which kind of crippled my confidence. I didn't know anyone out here when i moved so I relied on God alot on company and sanity when things got rough. but sometimes when I notice that I can't really change my situation, I lost the urge to take care of myself or do much of anything. Like for example, my biggest struggle I have is affording stuff like food. it would be murder everytime i had to go grocery shopping because I wouldnt have enough to last for a few days, not alone a week. Then on top of that, my appartment has bad bug problem so i would have to spend on making sure i don't get too much of them. I felt embarassed whenever I thought about wanting friends because i feared that htey would come over one day and see my appartment and think bad of me.

I work alot and come home super tired so I already dont have a desire to fix something to eat for myself so sometimes I don't eat at all, my appartment is never clean because all i want to do is sleep. And then I wonder why I'm always tired at work. I have a church that I go to but I haven't connected to any group because I'm too tired to go and I don't really have the drive to as I use too. So for months I would work and sleep. The only time I really ate was on my break at work and probably did small shopping on my off day. The only reason why I found out how far I was getting in neglecting myself was because my bf warned me about it when he realized how thin I was compared to a pic of me several weeks before all this.

This past week is the best improvement I have made in a long time. Though its awkward trying to force myself to do everything, I do take better care of myself. My biggest struggle I have right now is getting involved in my church, or anything beyond just sitting at home. Theres alot of ways for me to not be such a loner but everytime its time for church i just dont go. I had this problem before because I would just get tired of going to church or events by myself, and normally I could just force myself to get over it and move on. but its a miracle to motivate myself to go unless I can go but not have to talk to anyone while im there.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

SR,

Sounds like you might be suffering from depression.

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

SweetRain, does your Church have small women's groups that meet once a week? If so, I suggest you get involved with one of these groups. After meeting with a women's group for awhile, you will build a trusting relationship with these women and speak freely with them, which in turn will help you deal with some of the burdens you may have.

Just my 2 cents, for what it is worth. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/07/1990

SweetRain, does your Church have small women's groups that meet once a week? If so, I suggest you get involved with one of these groups. After meeting with a women's group for awhile, you will build a trusting relationship with these women and speak freely with them, which in turn will help you deal with some of the burdens you may have.

Just my 2 cents, for what it is worth. :)

There are womens groups at my church its just taking me forever to go... its wierd because I can't really pin point whats making me so sluggish. I know most of it is because I don't have friends I could spend my days off work with but I dont see why it would bother me that bad. :P

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I work alot and come home super tired so I already dont have a desire to fix something to eat for myself so sometimes I don't eat at all, my appartment is never clean because all i want to do is sleep. And then I wonder why I'm always tired at work.

Could also be a thyroid issue. Symptoms

Try this survey

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

I work alot and come home super tired so I already dont have a desire to fix something to eat for myself so sometimes I don't eat at all, my appartment is never clean because all i want to do is sleep. And then I wonder why I'm always tired at work.

Could also be a thyroid issue. Symptoms

Try this survey

Thats a good call Neb! Thyroid problems are wide and varied and need to be addressed as soon as possible.