Romans 8:28

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Where would we be without "Our Savior" and the scripture's. Today has been a ruff day for me. I do not know where I am headed. Today is my wedding anniversary. It should be a joyous time. The problem is my wife has filed for divorce. She had an affair and even tho I have forgiven her she does not feel God is telling her to reconcile our marriage. She told me it is not normal to be able to forgive and forget what she has done. I told her that you have to forgive to be forgiven.

She is unable to forgive herself for what she did. She has said that she will never forgive herself for what she has done. We are both christians and I do not understand why as "christians" we cannot work our marriage out. It is ripping me apart inside. I love this woman very much and the thought of divorce makes me sick. The way I understand scripture is there is only one reason for divorce, that being infidelity.

This is going to be a rough holiday season. I am a family man and spending the holidays alone is not what I had planned in my life. I know that trials are good for us. I would have never asked for this to happen to me, yet it has changed my walk with God. It has caused me to seek him more than ever. I can say that this trial has been good for me, tho again I would never had willingly asked for this.

It has been a confusing time for my faith. I know that God answers prayer and is able to move mountains. Yet, I have been told my faith cannot change my wife's "free will". I can pray and believe all I want and God will not force her to stay in the marriage. Then I am told I can pray against the oppresion she is under and that will cause her to move in the right direction. Then I am told God will move her to reconcile, look at Jonah. God changed his mind. Then I feel like I am letting God down because I have cncerns about "free will" and not just having the faith to believe God will change her mind and stop the divorce.

I do know that as it states in Romans 8:28, ALL THINGS. No matter what God will take care of me. Here we go again I feel like I am doubting God and not believing he will reconcile my marriage. Thankyou for listening. Victory is The Messiah's!!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Prayers and :emot-hug:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

You and your marriage will be in my prayers.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Prayers.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thankyou for your thoughts and prayers. What an awesome God we serve!!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Advice from an old man that has stood in shoes similar to yours: Let go and Let God! repeat, you Let go and Let God! He knows what is really happening you do not.

ICL Dennis~~~~also Praying for both of you.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Where would we be without "Our Savior" and the scripture's. Today has been a ruff day for me. I do not know where I am headed. Today is my wedding anniversary. It should be a joyous time. The problem is my wife has filed for divorce. She had an affair and even tho I have forgiven her she does not feel God is telling her to reconcile our marriage. She told me it is not normal to be able to forgive and forget what she has done. I told her that you have to forgive to be forgiven.

She is unable to forgive herself for what she did. She has said that she will never forgive herself for what she has done. We are both christians and I do not understand why as "christians" we cannot work our marriage out. It is ripping me apart inside. I love this woman very much and the thought of divorce makes me sick. The way I understand scripture is there is only one reason for divorce, that being infidelity.

This is going to be a rough holiday season. I am a family man and spending the holidays alone is not what I had planned in my life. I know that trials are good for us. I would have never asked for this to happen to me, yet it has changed my walk with God. It has caused me to seek him more than ever. I can say that this trial has been good for me, tho again I would never had willingly asked for this.

It has been a confusing time for my faith. I know that God answers prayer and is able to move mountains. Yet, I have been told my faith cannot change my wife's "free will". I can pray and believe all I want and God will not force her to stay in the marriage. Then I am told I can pray against the oppresion she is under and that will cause her to move in the right direction. Then I am told God will move her to reconcile, look at Jonah. God changed his mind. Then I feel like I am letting God down because I have cncerns about "free will" and not just having the faith to believe God will change her mind and stop the divorce.

I do know that as it states in Romans 8:28, ALL THINGS. No matter what God will take care of me. Here we go again I feel like I am doubting God and not believing he will reconcile my marriage. Thankyou for listening. Victory is The Messiah's!!!!

Praying for you brother, I suggest this book http://www.amazon.com/If-Only-He-Knew-Resist/dp/0310214785 By gary Smally, It has been changing my marriage in good ways, its worth a look!

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

If you don't mind me asking... what do you mean by "she won't forgive herself"? Did she end the adulterous relationship? Or is she persisting?

It may not be "normal" to forgive adultery but did Jesus ever say to "forgive others, unless it's adultery"? In John's gospel, Jesus tells the woman caught in adultery to "leave her life of sin". How can she leave it except to do the opposite of committing adultery... that is, being faithful?

It sounds like your wife has already made up her mind. If she is Christian, she should know better. The Bible is very much against divorce and she should seek to be reconciled, first.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/16/1969

My brother Lazardous....I feel for you my friend...but most of all Jesus feels your pain also. My wife left me 3 years ago along with my now 5 and 8 year old sons. I am also a famliy man. We are still married but living seperately but actually this will be my first holiday season alone. Last year my mother, who was a stroke victim, was alive and I had moved in to care for her...so I still had someone in the house but God chose to call her home at the end of last year. The pill gets more bitter though as she was in a nursing home for a time and now the house in which I am in (hers) is to be sold and I only have until Dec. 31. I am still trying to reconcile with my wife. I have given it into God's hands. I take hope in that Jesus Himself suffered loneliness and abandonment and knows exactly how we feel. I seek His strength every minute. I live by my late father's motto he took and survived combat in WWII and German prison camp to heart: Hang Tough, Never Give Up, and Keep Faith in Christ. I will pray for you! God Bless

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

lazardous, nothing is impossible with God. Am I saying your wife will come back to you? No, I am not.

What I am saying is that if, as it says in Romans 8:28 that all things work together to them that LOVE God,

to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I know that you are hurting and I can only suggest that you pour out your hurt to God in prayer. He alone

has all the details of this situation in which you find yourself, and He alone can work it out. As others have

said, let go and let God. He has a wonderful way of changing things, if we will leave them to Him.

I pray that God will give you comfort and grace and mercy during this time in your life.

Further I pray that He will do the same for your wife, for Christ's sake.

Read the Psalms and ask God to deal with you through His Word and draw you to Him.

Psalm 25:20 O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.