ChristianMaker

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Down to the Final Four! Ready To Decide! Help Me Out!

I have narrowed it down to these four bible schools for distance learning.

satsonline

I believe this is the one that I am going to choose because its affordable; they take the bible seriously; and has great distance learning support. The only thing I am worried about is will American Institutions and or churches recognize this degree in the future because it is out of country?

globaluniversity

Another very serious candidate. I still might choose this one because two universities merged together offering over eighty years of combined distance learning experience. Also still have paper type lessons as well; which I would like.

moody

I would love to choose this one but I have a feeling from reviews and dealing with the site it looks like they are a little overwhelmed and I am not sure they are on par with their distance learning system. I could be wrong but I would like to heavily consider this choice as well.

lhbionline

This one scares me a little bit because sometimes the old saying goes if it is too good to be true; it’s not. Seems like a fantastic deal; the school is supposedly number one; and the theology is great. I just think from reading reviews like moody they are just tapped out. I could be wrong but I would like to heavily consider this option as well.

Anyhow any input would be great! Look forward to all of your replies. I am very eager to sign up and start my classes. Let the good times roll! Also post any other bible schools that are extremely close to these in price and quality which are accredited; if you have them. If it’s too much please do not bother. Have a wonderful day and God bless!

Best,

ChristianMaker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I am thinking myself of someday taking an online course, and my first choice is Charis Bible College. I offered that to you in the other thread. Did you look into it?

Guest shiloh357
satsonline

I believe this is the one that I am going to choose because its affordable; they take the bible seriously; and has great distance learning support. The only thing I am worried about is will American Institutions and or churches recognize this degree in the future because it is out of country?

That is something you need to check out before you lay the money down and sign up. What is their theology like? Don't rely simply on their "statement of faith" that they post online. Those don't give you much of anything to go on. They are ususally very "generic" and affirm some basic positions that most denominations adhere to. You need to badger them for more information see if they will hook you up with an advisor or professor that can answer your questions. What I mean is this... If you believe in the gifts of the Spirit (speaking in tongues, gifts of healing, word of knowledge, etc) and they don't, you might want to know that in advance of signing up. If you are not Calvinist, and they are, that is something else to consider. If they hold to a different view of end time prophecy (eschatology) and hold to views that you cannot abide with, you need to know that in adivance.

What kind of degree are they offering? It is a Bachelar of Arts, or what? Check out their accreditation organizations. Who exactly is accrediting them? Armed with that information, you can call the administrative offices of American seminiaries or other Bible colleges and ask them if they would recognize a degree from that university that is accredited with those accrediting firms.

What kind of church do you attend in Atlanta?

moody

I would love to choose this one but I have a feeling from reviews and dealing with the site it looks like they are a little overwhelmed and I am not sure they are on par with their distance learning system. I could be wrong but I would like to heavily consider this choice as well.

To be completely honest and not really knowing what kind of theology you adhere to, and if it were me, of the four choices you have listed. This is the one I would choose. Moody is highly respected. They are well-known and known for being biblically and theologically solid. You really can't go wrong with Moody. As to whether or not they are accredited enough to be accepted by seminaries, well that is totally at the discretion of the receiving institution. They are under no obligation to accept any credits or degree work from any other institution.

I am very eager to sign up and start my classes.

I know the feeling. I am a student at a Southern Baptist University. Alas, they offer no distance education. :( Here's to hoping you find what you are looking for. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

shiloh357

To be completely honest and not really knowing what kind of theology you adhere to, and if it were me, of the four choices you have listed. This is the one I would choose. Moody is highly respected. They are well-known and known for being biblically and theologically solid. You really can't go wrong with Moody. As to whether or not they are accredited enough to be accepted by seminaries, well that is totally at the discretion of the receiving institution. They are under no obligation to accept any credits or degree work from any other institution.

I agree completely. Moody has a lengthy history of excellence. My grandfather attended Moody Bible Institute in the early 1900s, so I am somewhat biased.

Bible Colleges! Final Two! Almost There!

Okay I have narrowed it down to the final Two!

I have dropped these …

satsonline

I am going to drop this one because I am just not positive about their acceptance throughout Churches nationwide. Also they are out of country and customer service I am sure is going to add an extra level of difficulty.

moody

I would love to go to this school but to many things just keep getting in the way. I just checked their tuition and it has gone up. Tuition is now 195.00 per credit hour which I know is a great deal but still just a little bit out of my price range.

The Final Two …

lhbionline

I think I am going to choose this one. It’s a great school with great values. And they have created a program that is exactly for the person who is wanting to study the bible from Home and receive credit for it later. I know it might not be the very best; but it is certainly a fantastic option for price and value. What I am looking for while I go to a local community college.

globaluniversity

This one is so close to second that it might actually take first before I make my final decision. I like their dedication to paper studies. Good reputation; nice layout; affordable price and accredited. The only thing that bothers me is that it’s not Liberty. I believe Liberty had more of a name out their then “global university”; and I think it would be more respected in the future.

Summary

I do not think I can really go wrong with either one. I am leaning towards Liberty because of the name and trust. I could still go either way; but at this moment I believe just prayer and fasting is going to be the only thing left to do. I really appreciate everyone’s help and still look forward to your future comments!

Best

ChristianMaker

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Pick the one that God is telling your heart to pick, but don't flip a coin. :thumbsup:

Bump... Bump...

Guest shiloh357

One other piece of advice I can give you to help you save money. Do not buy the books used for their curriculum from the "book store" of whatever school you choose if you can at all possibly help it. Get your books from Christian Book Distributer online. Christian Book Distributor has every Christian Book published within the last 20 years at least and they between 30% and 70% cheaper than just about anyhwere else. You can even get some books as E-books and those are even cheaper. University bookstores are notorious for having as much as a 30% mark-up in their prices.

Liberty has a good home study course but the credits will only be good at Liberty if you choose to get further education later on. They will not be transferrable.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

I do not know about Moody's online courses but at the school one must swear allegiance to their dispensational teaching. I personally would not submit myself to fall under the teaching of their errors

• 2 weeks later...

I am still not sure which one to pick?