• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/21/1964

34 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

They were men! Just men. Mens deeds do not make them a "type of Jesus." 

Conversation ends. You dont know your scriptures. Jesus said all the law and the prophets spoke of him. Youre are blind to him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,369
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

8 minutes ago, Soy Richard said:

Conversation ends. You dont know your scriptures. Jesus said all the law and the prophets spoke of him. Youre are blind to him.

Maybe, you should include the scripture verses as to your statements so we could go look them up.  By all means, if you have the knowledge, teach  or enlighten with your references. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Whether this Leviathan be a whale or a crocodile, is disputed.

Edited commentary by me....

"Job 41:33 " Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear."  

A crocodile with more than one head that God breaks?  Must of been a mutation of sorts.

Psalm 74:14 Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.

Widerness is the desert...

God is going to punish crocodiles "in that day."...wonder what they did wrong?...

Isaiah 27:1  "In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea." 

We are now "in that day."  The Leviathan is ISIL.

Chapter 27 indicates leviathan is future because God punishes it at a time when Israel has plenty and is prosperous.

There's nothing like a whale or a crocodile that brings fear upon the mighty...

Job 41:25a When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid:... 

The mighty are afraid because the Leviathan isn't coming at you with brigades of people and equipment. Jihadist hide among the general population and are in nearly every country in the world.  Jihadist and ISIL believe it's God's will for them to participate in jihad.  

"Islam teaches that if a man does not participate in jihad when a fatwa has been issued for holy war, he is liable to lose his reward in paradise and is a hypocrite."

Crocodiles are in need of purification...

Job 41:25b... by reason of breakings they purify themselves.
The word ‘breakings’ no doubt implies terrorism.  It means to break and ruin, and comes from a word meaning "to break, wreck, and to rend violence." 

"Jihad is the Arabic word for "struggle" or "effort." In the context of the Holy Qur'an, jihad is a struggle or effort to strive "in the path of God" (22:78). Scholar James Turner Johnson says it this way: "the concept of jihad…fundamentally denotes striving or effort expended by the individual Muslim to walk in the path of God" (Johnson 19; Feldman 232-233). Jihad is the effort to purify oneself  from within, to purify oneself of selfish appetites--the intention behind the action is important to the action itself.  If this is the root meaning of jihad, when and how did it come to mean "holy war" or a "war to kill the infidels"?  To answer that, we need to look at jihad in the Qur'an and the term's historical development."

Crocodiles are king over children of pride.

Job 41:34  He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride.

Good thing we've been warned about crocodiles instead of ISIS....

The word Leviathan is used 5-6 times in the bible.

Gesenius says about the leviathan in Isaiah 27:1,

"Leviathan is the symbol of the hostile kingdom of Babylon."  He says in Job 38 it's "a serpent of a larger kind." Gesenius also says the Leviathan is a "larger than normal serpent and attached to Babylon." In Psalm 74:14 Leviathan is used to describe a fierce enemy.

Leviathan is associated with a serpent and a dragon indicating its evil nature.

Isaiah 27:1 "In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea."

God has not come out of His place yet to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity. IN THAT DAY, is always an indicator of the last days when the verses just before it also hint that way.  

This chapter speaks of the time around the Day of the LORD and the Millennial Kingdom that follows. The Leviathan or "crooked serpent" is the dragon and a serpent. The "piercing serpent" is ISIS.
Job 41:26 says, 
KJV... 
"The sword of him that layeth at him cannot hold: the spear, the dart, nor the habergeon." 
NAS... 
"The sword that reaches him cannot avail, Nor the spear, the dart or the javelin." 

Some of the world's most powerful countries have been launching rockets, missiles, spears, darts, and javelins, and used slingshots.  Some that cost almost 1.5 million dollars each, and most believe it will do little to deter them and the leviathan (ISIL) will live on.....AS FOREIGN FIGHTERS!
Five historic weapons of flight are mentioned.  Arrows, slingstones, darts, spears, and javelins!  ALL to no avail!

In Isaiah 27:1 the prophecy about the leviathan is yet future for it is destroyed by the Lord.

Isaiah 27:1 In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea. 

Note the TWO aspects of the Leviathan. One is a piercing serpent. (ISIL) The other is a crooked serpent. (Satan the dragon).  We know the serpent is the dragon and his names are Satan and Lucifer. ISIL is the end-time entity prophesied as the Leviathan that the LORD punishes in the end.

Job 3:8  May those curse it who curse the day, Those who are ready to arouse Leviathan.

Better interpreted...

Let them express it that curse the day who are ready to awaken the Leviathan.

How do they curse the day???

Like this...

ISIS-prayer-640x400 (1).jpg

Strong’s says the leviathan is,
“figuratively, the constellation of the dragon; also as a symbol of Babylon:—leviathan, mourning."

We are now "in that day."  The Leviathan is ISIL.

ISIS believes they are the Leviathan that has been awakened.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  1

Good morning all....as the OP of this topic, I just wanted to stop in and say that the symbolism of Leviathan is very significant.  To refer to another poster here...the Leviathan is a "type" of Satan...and just as every other created thing, God can and will use for his purposes.  Just as He did w/Pharaoh in that time, Leviathan is a picture of one who will deal w/"children of pride"....those who will not submit to the authority of God.  Wicked can and will be used towards evil. 

Psalm 16:4

4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

5 Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.c

Those who are so stiff-necked and will not submit to God...will be dealt with.

In His Love,
Suzanne

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

49 minutes ago, tsth said:

Good morning all....as the OP of this topic, I just wanted to stop in and say that the symbolism of Leviathan is very significant.  To refer to another poster here...the Leviathan is a "type" of Satan...and just as every other created thing, God can and will use for his purposes.  Just as He did w/Pharaoh in that time, Leviathan is a picture of one who will deal w/"children of pride"....those who will not submit to the authority of God.  Wicked can and will be used towards evil. 

Psalm 16:4

4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

5 Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.c

Those who are so stiff-necked and will not submit to God...will be dealt with.

In His Love,
Suzanne

Hi Susanne, nice to hear from you again :)

I agree with you that the Leviathan is some kind of type of Satan..

God will work things out for good, the enemy will work things out for evil..

Yes and like mentioned in Job....God will use the enemy(Satan) to deal w/the children of pride in the end:

Job 41:34 34 He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride.           

There is a purpose, even for Satan.

In His Love,

Suzanne               

Edited by tsth

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

12 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Maybe, you should include the scripture verses as to your statements so we could go look them up.  By all means, if you have the knowledge, teach  or enlighten with your references. 

Why?  That idea has been around for decades.  Lots of people are a 'type' of Jesus. It's just a saying that implies someone whose experience or personality etc. can be compared, and NOT saying they are the same divine attributes.  BEJ just doesn't understand or blew way out of proportion what SoyRichard was trying to say.

Job was a type of Christ in that he was a righteous sufferer. Job underwent a humiliation and exaltation that finds it’s antitype in the suffering and glory of the Redeemer. Job was tested by God when he was tempted by the devil. Jesus was tested by God when He was tempted by the devil. Just as God meant good for Job through his sufferings (Job 42:12), so He meant good for Christ through His sufferings. Jesus is the righteous sufferer who shows forth the righteousness of God.

http://feedingonchrist.com/old-testament-personal-types-and-shadows-of-christ/

https://www.google.com/search?q=was+Job+a+type+of+Jesus%3F&oq=was+Job+a+type+of+Jesus%3F&aqs=chrome..69i57.11991j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

If you will stick to topic, rather than arguing about a side issue, the thread will stay on course, and be much more productive.

Just sayin.  :-)

IN HIs Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Jumping in   right here on the thirteen the page of the thread, might I  add  a little personal side note once again to the conversation that God used the Book of Job as my introduction to Him, His calling card so to speak. I cherish the Book of Job for it is of God and has been God used by Him to bring me to repentance of my sin against Him.

Also: For years on another Christian  message board a fine strong headed and thinking Christian Lady  argued the follies of Job with me and the error of His way of faith,  because  she could not see faith  without it being rewarded  as  the Word of Faith movement she was clinging to taught her. I on the other hand had an entirely different take on  near every passage of the book of Job. 

We discussed and she called me everything but Christian  at one point or another over the years. Yet we would pray  for one another, and for each our needs be met. She died  a hard death,  I still miss her battling spirit. She was so wrong in my opinion on so many things especially about the Book of Job. it was to me like she had rewritten the entire book of job to suit her thinking, though she used the same words I used. I also believe her to always have been a fine servant of our Lord Jesus.

My point?  Job is  the earliest written record of faith's  perfection, God's sovereignty, and  it by itself was and is sufficient word of God for man to know and to receive faith of Jesus. That is to me the the more important issue, the one above all, as the word of God is revealed to any man or woman. It is of God that  faith is born into  a person.  Man  may safely cling to it, be found safe in it. 

Love that God has brought to us his perfect servant Job for all of time and to my personal  benefit. My creator, is an awesome God.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,369
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

41 minutes ago, fixerupper said:

Why?  That idea has been around for decades.  Lots of people are a 'type' of Jesus. It's just a saying that implies someone whose experience or personality etc. can be compared, and NOT saying they are the same divine attributes.  BEJ just doesn't understand or blew way out of proportion what SoyRichard was trying to say.

Understood.   I am  familar with the term and the intended purpose of the phrase.   What i was mainly  pointing out is, if one makes a statement, then at least provide the scripture verse to support their statement.   

"Jesus said all the law and the prophets spoke of him"

The quotation above is part of what Soy Richards said and i was mainly pointing out  to support that statement.   There are many new christians and others who are not thoroughly familiar with the scripture, so placing references to statements would be helpful and it is a way also for readers to search out scripture when it is referenced.  That was my main point.   

I myself don't like the term "Type of Christ".   Then they would have to be referenced as below.

Isaiah 9:6

For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.