IGNORED

Understanding Job?

tsth

Guest Bro David™

Job is a Short Book no doubt but in terms of content is seriously Heavy.

If one should ponder on the verses and chapters.

One will then see that Affliction does not always stem from Transgression.

God was in a peculiar and un-mentioned way refining the Faith of Job.

In order to shower more blessings.

In order to further His walk.

It also shows, that God can take what He so freely can Give.

Indeed a deep Book.

YBIC

:wub:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

[quote name='Bro David

Guest joalmon

Yes to all Suzanne just said. I also think it interesting to read God's description of Job in the early chapters...specifically Job 1: 8 in which God says of Job that he is a "perfect and upright" man...none like him in the earth...GOD said that of Job!!! So, it's not as if Job were a terrible guy who just deserved horrible things in his life. But even with all that said, Job was still not above needing to catch a new glimpse of God. And if a man of whom God said that there is none like him in the earth needs a new glimpse of God, what would He say of the rest of us? It's a very humbling book...but one that convinces me that God truly loves us - and me - and desires honest relationship with us.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Job 42:10 When Iyov prayed for his friends, ADONAI restored his fortunes; ADONAI gave Iyov twice as much as he had had before.
I think that we are not to look at our own misfortunes but to continually look out for and pray for those around us, no matter what circumstances we find ourselves in.

Job was restored to twice what he had before when he prayed for his friends, but not before he quit throwing dirt on his own head and woe begoning his fate.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thumbnail sketch of Job.

Job is afflicted. His friends come and claim he sinned. Job says he didn't. They say he did. He says he didn't. A young man comes along and says they are all wrong. etc. etc. God asked, "Job, who do you think you are anyway?" Job repents of his bad attitude and is restored.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest quadding101

There r many messages that can be gotten from the book of Job and Job had some issues that God had to address, but the main theme of the book of Job is, Job is exactly what God wants in a people. We r here to be tested and tried, molded and made ready for heaven. One of the things that will happen is called (going through the fire). Joseph and Job r our best 2 examples of someone going through the fire. Remember what Job said to his wife ( I will serve God even if He slays me). If u can serve God no matter the cost (going through the fire) like Job and Joseph. If u can obey by surrendering ur will and do God's will. If u can obey by saying no to sin here, while being tempted (overcome), then u will have no problem obeying and serving God in His kingdom.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

AMEN!

In His Love,

Suzanne

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  05/12/1925

Which is more important in the study of the Bible, to learn the nature of God, or to learn the nature of man?

I think we already know the nature of man.

In the book of Job, I am seeking to know the nature of God, as I also seek His nature in the other books of His Word. How does He deal with the weak creatures that we are? What can we expect from Him as we pursue our Christian walk.

IN PSALM 91, God is our refuge, and fortress, He delivers us from the snare of the trapper( Satan ), Under His wings we seek refuge, His faithfulness is a shield, no evil will befall us, nor will any plague come near our tent, He gives His angels charge over us to guard us in all our ways, because He loves me He will deliver me, He will set me on high because He knows my name,with a long life He will satisfy me, and I will behold His salvation.

IN PSALM 121, Our help comes comes from the Lord, He will not allow our foot to slip, He is our shade, the sun will not smite us, He will protect us from all evil, He will keep our soul, He will guard our going out and our coming in.

IN ISAIAH 54, VERSE 10, "For the mounatains may be removed,and the hills may shake, but My lovingkindness will not be removed from you, and My Covenant of peace will not be shaken says the Lord who has compassion on you."

Abraham was by faith, righteous, he was the first recipient of the blessings of the Covenant, we are in Christ, we are Abraham's offspring, heirs, according to the promise. Galatians 3:29

Job was in a time before the Abrahamic Covenant.

Lets look at the God of Job:

1 God said Job was righteous, no one as righteous as him on the earth. Job 1:8

2 Now, in a private meeting with Satan, God gave Satan authority to kill all .

Job's sons, daughters, and servants

3. According to the book of Job, God did this to prove to Satan that Job was still

faithful.

4. In a second private meeting with Satan, God said to him that despite all, Job

still retained his integrity, God said in Job 2:3 that Satan had incited Him

(GOD ) against Job, to ruin him without cause. Can Satan incite God today?

5. And then, again, God authorized Satan to strike Job in his body to prove that

Job would not turn against Him (God).

Now I don't know why Job was subjected to this ordeal, but my faith in my savior tells me not to expect this from God . I don't look to the book of Job as an example of how to live the Christian life.

I have prayed many times after hearing lessons on Job in the past, and I have a peace about this.

When God came to Earth as a man, and Satan confronted Him in the wilderness, He did not have any dialog with him at all, except to quote the word to him.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Franky,

I just wanted to say how much I enjoy your posts. Your love for the Lord shines through them. I like how you see things. Welcome to the boards and I hope to get to know you better. God bless you!

PS... Please forgive the momentary hi-jacking of this thread. I just couldn't resist.