tsth

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

the book of job to me is an example that we can as long as we keep our faith in GOD, JESUS we can always make it through any thing that cimes our way it also lets me know that satan has to get GODS PERMISSION in order to do anything to us

Guest jeffythepooh
I am compelled to go back to Job again. To study further. To ask, "what was it about Job?" What is significant about him? About Elihu? What is the lesson to learn? I have studied extensively and have had many questions answered about him, but the Lord brought me back again, to see what is relative to "today". What have I missed Lord? What did I not see about him, for you have taught me so much, but there is more. Job is presumably the first book of the Bible written. This is significant in itself I think. Here are my main questions to begin with.

1. What is "so significant" to learn about Job, as a person?

2. Why is Elihu "so significant"?

3. How does this Book relate/teach us regarding today's Christian?

I hope others would go with me in this study? But if not, that's ok, I just am lead to share what I find as I go.

In His Love,

Suzanne

The first thing I get out of Job is if you are with God the world and even the dEvil will go out of their way to bring you down to their level.

thats just the first thing I see there are Many other lessons in Job.

In todays world if people love you in the line to get the new security chip you are probably in the wrong line.

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

i would like to share a few thoughts on Job:

Job was just and upright, now the story begins with Job in contrast to satan, the enemy. It tells us of what God gives us all by default; a wall of protection. satan must either have permission from God, but that won't happen, or from us in order to enter inside that protective wall. Job's friends were not friends at all, but Job didn't know that, maybe never did figure it out, who knows. we are told that God asked him why he was listening to those knuckleheads who didn't know anything for 38 chapters, and that God was very happy Job finally included God in Job's conversation. re: Job's wife, well, who needs enemies; LOL. add his friends to that.

It was permitted to provide us an example of what can and will happen to us when we neglect to include God. with all adversity God provides us a way out. what is that way? It is God. The Lord is the way.

1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

It is also very instructive of the ways of God vs the ways of the enemy. ch 38 is a personal fav. as it speaks to us about the previous earth age as well as this one.

Job 38:41 Who provideth for the raven his food? when his young ones cry unto God, they wander for lack of meat.

the raven is an unclean bird, like the Kennites. recall noah, sent out the raven and it didn't come back because it feeds on the dead, like satan. Cain also a wanderer and a leach, feeding off the high offices of God's children who are not spiritually discerned. recall it is Cains offspring who sit in the seat of Moses [authority] in the times of The Christ.

Hello I"m new here, so i'm not to sure how this board works yet, but I'm giving it a try.

I've studied Job for a while and I find it a very interesting book also.

Throughout this story of Job....He loses all his children, his wealth and most of his friends.....gets disrespected from his wife..... this part I've really studied could not figure out why God would allow this.

And one day it came to me, None of these things were ever Job's or God's, they were of the ruler of this world, Satan. When it comes to all the earthly things, and people, all is not of God, all are lost as God sees it, none are worth anything BUT man's soul, which God doesn't own either, until man gives God his soul.

In this writing all that satan says is a lie.....for he is the father of lies........

As for his 3 friends I think they are a type and shadow of the prevelant religions of this world.

They all assumed they knew God's mind....and they were all wrong......only Job and his friend Elihu.

Thanks for letting me comment

Ash

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  1

Hello I"m new here, so i'm not to sure how this board works yet, but I'm giving it a try.

I've studied Job for a while and I find it a very interesting book also.

Throughout this story of Job....He loses all his children, his wealth and most of his friends.....gets disrespected from his wife..... this part I've really studied could not figure out why God would allow this.

Dear Ash, I'm glad you are posting on this. It's a really interesting study. I think I was surprised at how much it ministered to me, because I just always thought of it as the typical, study I always heard in church. But, when I read it, and studied it for myself, it was so much more!

As far as the above with regard to Job's wife, it reminds me of this passage in the NT:

Luke 18:29 "I tell you the truth," Jesus said to them, "no one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God

Job wouldn't give up what he knew about God's faithfulness, even when confronted by his wife. God came before EVERYTHING. Even though Job didn't understand it all, He didn't give up the right things he knew about God.

And one day it came to me, None of these things were ever Job's or God's, they were of the ruler of this world, Satan. When it comes to all the earthly things, and people, all is not of God, all are lost as God sees it, none are worth anything BUT man's soul, which God doesn't own either, until man gives God his soul.

In this writing all that satan says is a lie.....for he is the father of lies........

As for his 3 friends I think they are a type and shadow of the prevelant religions of this world.

They all assumed they knew God's mind....and they were all wrong......only Job and his friend Elihu.

Thanks for letting me comment

Ash

I completely agree and look forward to anything else you may have to add with regard to the study!

In His Love,

Suzanne

I am compelled to go back to Job again. To study further. To ask, "what was it about Job?" What is significant about him? About Elihu? What is the lesson to learn? I have studied extensively and have had many questions answered about him, but the Lord brought me back again, to see what is relative to "today". What have I missed Lord? What did I not see about him, for you have taught me so much, but there is more. Job is presumably the first book of the Bible written. This is significant in itself I think. Here are my main questions to begin with.

1. What is "so significant" to learn about Job, as a person?

2. Why is Elihu "so significant"?

3. How does this Book relate/teach us regarding today's Christian?

I hope others would go with me in this study? But if not, that's ok, I just am lead to share what I find as I go.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Oh my gosh! I'm reading the story of Job right now in my study Bible. It's simply breath taking. I am excited that you opened this topic sister. When I'm done reading, I will pray on it and contribute :noidea:

Dear JamiLea,

I look forward to hearing from you on this!

If you come across anything as you go, I hope you'll stop and post it.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/15/1970

Job reminds me of the emotional adversity that one can experience as a Christian. Notice that though his comforters were later rebuked for their ill intent, they were still constrained of God to speak many truths. this reminds me of the verse that says, "all things work together for the good of those who Love God, and who are the called accordiing to His purpose. Occasionally I recieve guidance even though the tv and everday life. I think things are programmed to acknowledge Godly wisdom when it its present, and honour is give where honour is due.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear JamiLea,

Just wanted to say that the portion where Elihu speaks is SO very important in the story. He explains the difference between repentance and pride, and the fruit of both for every person.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

I like the book of Job for the reason that God makes sure each and every player in the book understands that none know the mind or might of the Almighty. He makes sure they each understand that there are no boundries put on HIM....makes me shiver with joy!! :whistling:

Here's one of my favorite portions, because it is so clear:

Job 36

1 Elihu continued: 2 "Bear with me a little longer and I will show you that there is more to be said in God's behalf. 3 I get my knowledge from afar; I will ascribe justice to my Maker. 4 Be assured that my words are not false; one perfect in knowledge is with you.

5 "God is mighty, but does not despise men; he is mighty, and firm in his purpose. 6 He does not keep the wicked alive but gives the afflicted their rights. 7 He does not take his eyes off the righteous; he enthrones them with kings and exalts them forever. 8 But if men are bound in chains, held fast by cords of affliction, 9 he tells them what they have done-- that they have sinned arrogantly. 10 He makes them listen to correction and commands them to repent of their evil. 11 If they obey and serve him, they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity and their years in contentment. 12 But if they do not listen, they will perish by the sword and die without knowledge. 13 "The godless in heart harbor resentment; even when he fetters them, they do not cry for help. 14 They die in their youth, among male prostitutes of the shrines.

15 But those who suffer he delivers in their suffering; he speaks to them in their affliction. 16 "He is wooing you from the jaws of distress to a spacious place free from restriction, to the comfort of your table laden with choice food.

(I LOVE that portion because it is what happened to me. He spoke to me in my worst affliction. He fettered me, so that I might begin to listen to Him, and realize that MY way was not working. He then "wooed me from the jaws of distress".) To be fettered is the worst, and the greatest thing to EVER happen to a strong-willed child. It can be the point of repentance and recognition of the Most High God. My affliction was great and awesome.

Psalm 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word.

Psalm 119:71 It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees.

Psalm 119:75 I know, O Lord, that your laws are righteous, and in faithfulness you have afflicted me.

76 May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.

77 Let your compassion come to me that I may live, for your law is my delight.

In His Love,

Suzanne

In His Love,

Suzanne

• 1 year later...

Dear WXYZ,

I DO agree...as I came across several verses within Job that verify what you are posting...i.e.:

Eliphaz, more than any...Job 4:17-19 in contrast to Job speaking in 6:8-10 or

Eliphaz in 22:2-3 compared to Elihu(who was not rebuked) in 36:5-13. (Probably the most significant with regard to this issue!)

In His Love,

Suzanne