• Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Well yeah, I agree with Neb. WOW.

• 9 months later...
Guest stevej

George,

I support anything that is done to clear up and stop the arguments and fighting particularly in chat. Recently, I was deeply offended by the number of people attacking another Christian in chat because they saw a particular issue to pick at.

Have said in chat and among brothers and sisters who would listen, we spend to much time picking and not doing the Lord's work. Wonder (and here am preaching to myself also) what would happen if we spent even 25% of the time we spend in argument presenting the Gospel.

As far as the admins in chat they are a true blessing. They do a good job of trying to keep things under control. We the chatters need to end a discussion when the mods step in.

One other thing, we also need to learn to let a subject go when the subject has been exhausted.

I so very much enjoy the people here and am glad this site continues to lift high the name of Jesus!

Edited by stevej

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

George,

I support anything that is done to clear up and stop the arguments and fighting particularly in chat.  Recently, I was deeply offended by the number of people attacking another Christian in chat because they saw a particular issue to pick at.

Have said in chat and among brothers and sisters who would listen, we spend to much time picking and not doing the Lord's work.  Wonder (and here am preaching to myself also) what would happen if we spent even 25% of the time we spend in argument presenting the Gospel.

As far as the admins in chat they are a true blessing.  They do a good job of trying to keep things under control.  We the chatters need to end a discussion when the mods step in.

One other thing, we also need to learn to let a subject go when the subject has been exhausted.

I so very much enjoy the people here and am glad this site continues to lift high the name of Jesus!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Steve,

Yes, we are blessed with Godly chat moderators without a doubt! As a matter of fact, we are blessed with a great moderating team here on the forum as well.

You know, we could take a lesson from you with regards to letting a subject go when it's exhaused here on the forum. Too many people want to keep beating a dead horse or hijack a topic. Then after the thing finally dies, eventually someone will dig it back up and start things all over again!!!

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Thank you JohnS for your post. Though I have seen it before, it is something for all of us to be reminded of who we are in Christ.

I have found this site to be a blessing many times since I found it. I pray that God will continue to bless all who make this site what it is.

Thank you George and the mods for your work and support.

Thank you Lord for the blessings that you have given us.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Thank God for Worthy Watchmen!

:)

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  161
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,728
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Our desire is to improve the atmosphere on the boards -- we recognize it's all about Jesus! Because whatever done in this life will surely pass, but only what's done for Jesus will surely last!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

How true! :P:P

And I would also add:

"God is the author and finisher of our faith."

There are many things that we do in this life, much of it for personal or selfish reasons, but only what we do for Jesus.....or, rather..........what HE does through US will have any lasting (eternal) significance.

HIS words will last forever, and HIS works will praise Him forever.

I thank God that He has chosen (graciously) to use me (and others), for His glory and the furtherance of His Kingdom as He has seen fit, at various times.

All praise to Him.

For He alone is worthy!

It's not about us.........it's about Jesus. And what He has chosen to do through us. In the words of the well-known Christian song: 'I want to give my life for something that will last forever.'

Besides, I realize that all that we have in this life is only temporal, and I have a deeper longing.........to know more of Him, and to know more of my Saviour's Love, and to see His name glorified.

Amen

Thank God for Jesus!!

Besides, I realize that all that we have in this life is only temporal, and I have a deeper longing.........to know more of Him, and to know more of my Saviour's Love, and to see His name glorified.

:)

Faith

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Glory

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
Galatians 6:14

Esteem

If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,

Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

Philippians 2:1-4

Be Blessed Beloved of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Come Quickly Lord Jesus, Come Quickly!

Hallelujah!

Love, Joe

• 4 months later...
  • Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

If you've not reviewed this thread -- it's one to read so you understand the way in which the ministry is set up.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

from damo1

sounds good and i hope those that come on worthy take in to what worthy is doing for many of us the reason i like worthy is of the many diffrent people i am meeting hear and plus its helped me as a person who is commited to a church hear to see what god is doing all over the world even though at times things can get a bit heated as i have noticed when you do not read a post then you get some one trying to correct you because of what you feel so close to your heart and i have always respected what others hold close to them with out trying to correct them

as my values will be diffrent to your values but i wil always treat my brothers and sisters in the lord with the utter respect they deserve i am just amazed with the topics alone and its good to hear other peoples views

i wil be praying that god moves threw hear wear people can be ministerd to and to wear people are able to share wear they are at with out being corrected or pounced on as this is what i do not belive in doing

thank you for this George may god bless you and the team that is behind you i am praying