• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

Gvpc, that was my answer as well.

I cannot see how "athesism" could be construed as a religion. Afterall, in which god do atheists believe?

Atheism - Secular Humanism - same thing. They rely on themselves, they are their own God. They are their sole purpose for existing.

As far as Atheism being a religion; Atheism is specifically recognized by the state as a religion and the United States Supreme Court has repeatedly stated that Atheism warrants the same protection as all other religions.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

Hey, MooseGirl!

(Like the name!)

Another way of looking at this can be expressed with these words from an "old" song:

We Will Stand

by Russ Taff

Sometimes it

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Dear gypc,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

Their god is themselves and pleasure!!!

I beg to differ. I am an atheist. I do not worship myself or pleasure. I do not think of myself as a god, and I do not think of pleasure as a god either.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

Dear Work in Progress,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

As far as Atheism being a religion; Atheism is specifically recognized by the state as a religion and the United States Supreme Court has repeatedly stated that Atheism warrants the same protection as all other religions.

Which state considers atheism a religion? The US Supreme Court can afford something the same protection as something else. But that doesn't make the something a something else.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

The US Supreme Court can afford something the same protection as something else. But that doesn't make the something a something else.

:P:P :c: :P:P

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

Dear gypc,

I beg to differ. I am an atheist. I do not worship myself or pleasure. I do not think of myself as a god, and I do not think of pleasure as a god either.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

Just out of curiousity.....

What would you say your #1 priority in life is? As humans, each of of "worship" something, because that is what we were created to do. You may not bow down and pray to it, but whatever is #1 in your life is your object of worship. I know you don't see it as worship or as your god, however worship is innate in all of us.

I also have to say that in all of the posts I've read by you I am glad you stick around worthy. :P I do not address you to be confrontational, but to share the perspective I hold on what is being discussed. Take care and know that many care about you and are praying for you! :hug:

Dear keslc,

My #1 priority in life? I would say it is to live life to the fullest, and best way I can while fulfilling my responsibilities as a husband, and father, and son. I would also rank high, the ability to leave the human condition better than I have found it.

I thank you for your response and the intention behind it, but I really don't agree that I worship these things I listed above.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Dear gypc,

This is just my opinion.  You don't have to accept it if you dislike it.  DISCLAIMER:  I am not a christian.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

Hi Frog..have you ever heard the expression "if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"? Ya see, everyone who is alive worships something or someone. We were made to. Sometimes we can even worship our own opinion. We can worship material possesions....we can worship John Kerry or George Bush. Or worship food for the belly.

God's word says.....(NIV)Phil 3: 18For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. 20But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

I hope this helps, even if it's just a little. :king:

In his love,

Brian

Guest puppylove

This is a very strange topic! Being the person I am,I say this isnt what I was thinking it would be! You are very right! Just wanted to see what it was really....

:b::huh:;):P:D:cool::cool::wub::wub::cool::b: :x: :sleep: :il: :t2: :t: :suspect: :oww: :hug: :sweating:

-------------------------------------------------

"The Lord is my shepard,I shall not be in want."

Psalm 23:1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Hello Puppy love,

Welcome to the Worthy Boards!

We are gld you are here and look forward to getting to know you.

And they called it .....puppy love

But I guess they'll never know

(sorry lost myself there, kinda shows my age)

In Jesus

kevin