• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  658
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/01/1965

I agree with you George!! :t2:

Before my Pastor died of Cancer, he said to always seek the scriptures after he preached a message, and if he was in error then let him know. Actually he was always right on with the scriptures. I continue to do that daily. The Bible is my road map and has a little more trusting info then ppl do. I have found out that ppl can twist the scriptures because we are not perfect.

I usually go to Jesus about everything and use ppl as last resorts. Jesus usually can repair the problem quicker and better the ppl.

Thanks again for Worthy and your service to Jesus daily!!

Yukon :D

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  214
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/01/1963

heya george,

I agree with you 100%, I know my faith is fairly new and my knowledge of GODs word is just as new. but since I havent found a church yet that I feel comfortable in I would like to call worthy my chirch because it brings all the different christian ways togehter into one. where we all can learn from each other so we all can be closer to GOD. which is what I want to be. may the LORD JESUS CHRIST bless this sight and everyone using it and that HE guides us all to HIM, in JESUS name i ask this AMEN

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Ephesians (NAS)

4:3 being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;

4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

4:6 one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

and that's all i got to say about that. :laugh:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Wow George,

Great stuff! I myself have attended many denominational churches such as I was raised Catholic, attended Baptist, AOG, Non-Denominational, Pentecostal, Apostolic Pentecostal of which I currently attend.

We have some major differences in belief in the current church I attend, however, we have some major agreements as well and that is that Jesus Christ is Lord!

I have learned to put our differences aside or should I say am learning to do so :laugh: . One thing is for certain, The Holy Spirit most definately shows up and the presense of God is so apparent.

One thing that has got us through our differences is our love for God and by this love for God it is reflected in our love for each other.

Its really amazing, I wouild have never thought that I could attend a church where I had so many, well actually its only a couple of disagreements. But as you say, we have agreed to disagree and are able to come together in unity.

I believe in the trinity, they believe in Jesus only, I believe in tongues but not all speak, they believe that unless one speaks in tongues you are not born again, these are just a couple of the major differences we have. I actually thought of leaving over these differences, but it seems God seems to want me here. So if I do leave, it will no longer be because of our differences, but because I feel God wants me to leave.

Aside from those, the preacher and the youth pastor are most definately annointed by the Spirit, the sermons are awesome and inspired, and the love is most evident.

I personally dont claim any denomination, for as you have said, it is denomination that divides the body. Each seems to have a dominate part of the truth they adhere to, it would be awesome if it were brougtht together as one! And I believe that some day it shall.

God has shown me something in my studies that jumped out at me

1 Corinthians 12

22  On the contrary, it is much truer that the members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary;

23  and those members of the body which we deem less honorable, on these we bestow more abundant honor, and our less presentable members become much more presentable,

24  whereas our more presentable members have no need of it. But God has so composed the body, giving more abundant honor to that member which lacked,

25  so that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another.

Some may not have some of the gifts as prominant in them as others, but God has bestowed more honor on them. To be the greatest, we must become the least, to have a place of honor, we must learn to serve. We need to work as a body, we need each body part in order to function properly.

Well here I go writting a book again. God bless you George, and I am so glad that this issue is being addressed. I am guilty of this and I ask the boards forgiveness.

In Jesus

Kevin

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

:D:D ...to ALL you said Kevin.

Your words reflect my experience and opinion as well brother except that I went from a Pentecostal Church of God to a Southern Baptist Church. I go to church to worship & praise my Lord and to be edified in HIS presence. Wherever He is, I want to be. I have no desire to associate with a denomination but just to fellowship with my brethren whether they be Baptist, Pentecostal, Non-denomination or whatever. If they claim Jesus as Lord & Savior, Master of their lives, and their FRUIT reflects that, then they are my brethren.

Be Blessed,

Wayne

Praise the Lord Wayne,

Man what a sermon today and would you believe the topic?

It was about David when they brought the Ark to Israel and the daughter of Saul Michl, saw him dancing leaping before the Lord, she despised Him.

Now because of this she was unable to have any children, which was a dishonor to women in those days to be unable to bare their husbands children.

16 As the ark of the LORD was entering the City of David, Michal daughter of Saul watched from a window. And when she saw King David leaping and dancing before the LORD , she despised him in her heart.

17 They brought the ark of the LORD and set it in its place inside the tent that David had pitched for it, and David sacrificed burnt offerings and fellowship offerings before the LORD .

18 After he had finished sacrificing the burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD Almighty.

19 Then he gave a loaf of bread, a cake of dates and a cake of raisins to each person in the whole crowd of Israelites, both men and women. And all the people went to their homes.

20 When David returned home to bless his household, Michal daughter of Saul came out to meet him and said, "How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, disrobing in the sight of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!"

21 David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD , who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the LORD's people Israel-I will celebrate before the LORD .

22 I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes. But by these slave girls you spoke of, I will be held in honor."

23 And Michal daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death.

The moral of the story is that we should be very careful when we put down somebodies way of worshiping the Lord, after all it is the Lord they worship. Some shout, some kneel, some dance, some raise their hands, some don"t.

Man did the Holy Spirit hit me between the eyes! Praise God! I have been guilty of this and I am so glad that the Lord has brought it to my attention.

It was also on the sacrifice of praise and worshipping the Lord in Spirit and in truth, I can really do it no justice to explain everything, but God sure spoke. The main theme was, unless Jesus be lifted up.....

John 12:32

"And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself."

We must have our focus in and on lifting up our Lord, and when we do this, Jesus Himself will draw all men to Himself. We need to lift up Jesus and not our denominations.

And one of the songs we sang was " come on and lift Him up""

He said if I be lifted up

I will draw all men unto me

Lift Him Up, come on and lift Him up

What a powerful song. God is beautiful and is worthy of our praise, if we dont praise Him, the rocks will cry out! Either way God will be praised, and He is looking to us to offer it. Lets glorify God by offering Him the sacrifice of our praise!

Sorry if I am getting lenghty again, but man do I feel renewed.

Thank you Jesus!

Kevin

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Hey Kevin........your fired up and I love it. Your firing me up bro.

I love it when someone comes home from church and got what God was saying...........and then starts spreadin it all around. :b:

Makes me wanna shout!!!! Oh yeah......WE LIFT UP THE NAME THAT IS ABOVE ALL NAMES>>>>>>>>>JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

In his love,

Brian

Praise the lord brother!!

Lets lift Him Up!!! HalleluJah!

The Spirit of God was very present today. We had two baptisms at the end of the service, it was a very special day indeed.

Thanks for your post Brian, Amen lets lift up the name of Jesus, the Name that is above all Names.

Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!

Guest idied2

:laugh: AMEN GEORGE :rofl:

Let's all pray and ask the LORD for unity. Because a house devided against itself cannot stand. Mr 3:25

In CHRIST JESUS :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/01/2003

I see Worthy as a bridge. Something that connects people who are very far apart.

And there is a crashing sea under that bridge that sometimes gets a little rough. Sometimes the water splashes up, gets a few people wet and makes them angry. And they can dry off. But the water can also nourshish us, teach us better the next time around.

And one of the most important things to know about a bridge is that it must be taken care of. It won't last if it is not maintained - if it's not checked for loose boards or split wood. Without that maintainance, the bridge becomes a danger to all who cross it.

Let our maintance be these two things:

1.) Regular prayer for Worthy.

2.) Regular encouragement of the leaders who serve.

With regular maintance, Worthy can be the strongest connection we have to other believers who may not normally come into contact with.

Everyone you meet knows something you don't know, but need to know. Learn from them."