George

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

As far as God is concerned we are very much united.

Eph 2:18-22,

18 For through him we both (Jew & Gentile) have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner [stone];

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

We simply don't see the total greatness of what Jesus Christ accomplished by his crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension.

1Cor 13:12,

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Just because we don't see it doesn't mean God is not good to His promises. We are being built together whether we know it or not, or whether we believe it or not. We have nothing to do with it, any more than we saved ourselves and somehow caused Christ to dwell within us (Col 1:27). God did that for us through the work of His son, our Lord Jesus Christ.

Our hope (which will absolutely be fulfilled) is that when Christ reappears to gather us together the scales of blindness will fall away and we will be able to see with crystal clarity all that God has done for us. I'm sure we will all be surprised, and pleasantly so, when we finally see the true greatness of what God has done for us. At least I know I'll learn a few things I've been wrong about. What a day that will be!

Edited by rrobs
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 10/2/2004 at 10:37 AM, George said:

Hello my brothers and sisters in the Lord,

Most people don't realize the radical experiment we are doing here! I want you to imagine yourself -- hundreds of years ago -- when all the different denominations were starting! While everyone was insisting their beliefs were the "only" correct way to worship God -- they were creating more and more splits and divisions!

What we are trying to do at Worthy Boards is unheard of when you think about it! We are trying to unify the body -- while at the same time protect those fundamental truths that we can all agree with -- the need for salvation through Jesus -- the source of truth for living the Christian life found within the Bible. Read our Statement of faith! This experiment hasn't happened before when you really consider it!

Of course, there's the ecumenical movement -- unity for the sake of doctrinal compromises! I'm sorry, but the fundamental doctrines of the faith can't be compromised.

So often though when you have so many different denominations, you have many different avenues of thought that have never been explored by other denominations. Just because a teaching is "different" than one you are used to hearing, doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong -- it may be just different!

But differences of opinion is actually a good thing whether you realize it or not! For God didn't create us to be the SAME body part -- but created us all different so that we could join together to form the body of Christ to compliment each other!

Oftentimes I learn by realizing other avenues of thinking presented by various believers. By allowing various avenues of thoughts we expand our horizons and allow the Spirit of God to realign our thoughts with the mind of Christ and continue our growth in the maturity of the Lord.

So before you run out and cry "heretic" or "false teacher", be sure to carefully listen, and observe what someone is saying. I honestly believe that things "heard through the grapevine" have a way of being twisted -- but if you go to the source then you can carefully examine the fruit -- test the fruit -- and then make a judgment -- often times you may find that the red grape you were expecting to find was just a white grape -- it was just a different color, but when you examined the fruit -- you find out its still good fruit!

We need to recognize that every word spoken, we will be judged for. And everyone that is hindered from hearing the gospel because someone feels the need to scream - heretic, false prophet, or demeaning someone in some fashion -- let's just say I wouldn't want to be that person sitting before the Lord at the Bema Seat!

This is a problem that I do have and I want to voice my concerns now and I hope you carefully heed these words. When someone comes into the boards, who is not necessarily a Christian -- the first thing you should do is NOT castigate them.

The first thing you should do before you even post -- what would Jesus do? Did Jesus say -- get away from me you prostitute? or get away from me you heathen? or say give me the first stone because I am without sin?

Jesus didn't go closing doors, He went forth OPENING the DOOR so ALL could enter in!

This was the Lord's prayer to the Father before He was crucified! That we may all be ONE! My wife and I don't agree on everything -- but when we disagree -- we agree to disagree! Sometimes it's best to say -- I agree to disagree!

Love breaks down walls of division and covers a multitude of sins! So may the Love of God be abundant in your hearts so that the world can be radically changed through you!

May the love of God be shown in all of your posts!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

You make such a great point. I love the point you are trying to make.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2004 at 11:37 AM, George said:

Most people don't realize the radical experiment we are doing here! I want you to imagine yourself -- hundreds of years ago -- when all the different denominations were starting! While everyone was insisting their beliefs were the "only" correct way to worship God -- they were creating more and more splits and divisions!

What we are trying to do at Worthy Boards is unheard of when you think about it! We are trying to unify the body -- while at the same time protect those fundamental truths that we can all agree with -- the need for salvation through Jesus -- the source of truth for living the Christian life found within the Bible. Read our Statement of faith! This experiment hasn't happened before when you really consider it!

Of course, there's the ecumenical movement -- unity for the sake of doctrinal compromises! I'm sorry, but the fundamental doctrines of the faith can't be compromised.

So often though when you have so many different denominations, you have many different avenues of thought that have never been explored by other denominations. Just because a teaching is "different" than one you are used to hearing, doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong -- it may be just different!

But differences of opinion is actually a good thing whether you realize it or not! For God didn't create us to be the SAME body part -- but created us all different so that we could join together to form the body of Christ to compliment each other!

Oftentimes I learn by realizing other avenues of thinking presented by various believers. By allowing various avenues of thoughts we expand our horizons and allow the Spirit of God to realign our thoughts with the mind of Christ and continue our growth in the maturity of the Lord.

So before you run out and cry "heretic" or "false teacher", be sure to carefully listen, and observe what someone is saying. I honestly believe that things "heard through the grapevine" have a way of being twisted -- but if you go to the source then you can carefully examine the fruit -- test the fruit -- and then make a judgment -- often times you may find that the red grape you were expecting to find was just a white grape -- it was just a different color, but when you examined the fruit -- you find out its still good fruit!

We need to recognize that every word spoken, we will be judged for. And everyone that is hindered from hearing the gospel because someone feels the need to scream - heretic, false prophet, or demeaning someone in some fashion -- let's just say I wouldn't want to be that person sitting before the Lord at the Bema Seat!

This is a problem that I do have and I want to voice my concerns now and I hope you carefully heed these words. When someone comes into the boards, who is not necessarily a Christian -- the first thing you should do is NOT castigate them.

The first thing you should do before you even post -- what would Jesus do? Did Jesus say -- get away from me you prostitute? or get away from me you heathen? or say give me the first stone because I am without sin?

Jesus didn't go closing doors, He went forth OPENING the DOOR so ALL could enter in!

This was the Lord's prayer to the Father before He was crucified! That we may all be ONE! My wife and I don't agree on everything -- but when we disagree -- we agree to disagree! Sometimes it's best to say -- I agree to disagree!

Love breaks down walls of division and covers a multitude of sins! So may the Love of God be abundant in your hearts so that the world can be radically changed through you!

George

Great post and very true.   Agree to disagree and do it respectfully!   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2004 at 11:37 AM, George said:

George

It has always been my experience  that generally  the instances of becoming locked in on " doctrines " rises proportionally with involvement in  organized religion .

Enter in the fleshly desire for power & control , gazing longingly  towards the desired well watered plains .

Surely our faith is quickened when we realize the disciples sought neither wealth nor power , and suffered persecution , even to death , to tell us about Jesus . 

" The church in thy house "  ( Philemon  1:2 ) 

Edited by Unfailing Presence
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members *
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 10/3/2004 at 1:37 AM, George said:

George

i am an ear u must be a mouth and grapes are good to eat but not thorns the theasles, be open minded as God is and be gentle with the way u treat people, though a harsh rebuke is sometimes needed

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom everyone,

I came into the light of the truth loving and accepting every Christian. Soon, I became disillusioned with denominations as I heard the bickering and accusing each other. Even accusing some  of being demonic and heading for hell. May Yahweh forgive those foolish words spoken in ignorance.  Being lead by those before me, I too fell into the same trap and became narrow-minded and "absolute" in my theology.

As I have grown older, I have come to see the utter foolishness of division in the body. Not only for the sake of the Messiah and our brothers and sisters, but also for non-believers. It has kept people away from investigating the Bible and our faith - truly it has. 

My view today is that I think almost every denomination and differing theology is likely to be valid in some way.   Rather than "who has the truth?" we should consider asking "what truth have you learned to be important?". Our God is incredible and I don't think we can fully understand every aspect of the Father, His Son and His Word unless we bring our differences together - so that we can collaborate our ideas and experience, looking for synergy. As one family.

That may be a rose-tinted way of looking at things, yet it seems to work well on this forum!   Praise you Yahweh!  Thank you for this "well"!

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

On 10/2/2004 at 11:37 AM, George said:

everyone that is hindered from hearing the gospel because someone feels the need to scream - heretic, false prophet, or demeaning someone in some fashion --

"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers." (Ephesians 4:29)

"speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the Head---Christ" (in Ephesians 4:15)

But yes there can be cases in which we need to point out how a belief or person is wrong. Even so, though, we are not only to deal with what is wrong, but speak what helps us to grow "in all things" of Jesus . . . all which is so right. 

Therefore, we are not only on the defensive against sin problems, but we are growing in Christ and how His love makes us more and more immune to sin-sick stuff in us, and also makes us pleasing to our Father like Jesus and able to care and share as God's family while also caring for ones who need to join us.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 2/7/2019 at 6:59 PM, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom everyone,

I came into the light of the truth loving and accepting every Christian. Soon, I became disillusioned with denominations as I heard the bickering and accusing each other. Even accusing some  of being demonic and heading for hell. May Yahweh forgive those foolish words spoken in ignorance.  Being lead by those before me, I too fell into the same trap and became narrow-minded and "absolute" in my theology.

As I have grown older, I have come to see the utter foolishness of division in the body. Not only for the sake of the Messiah and our brothers and sisters, but also for non-believers. It has kept people away from investigating the Bible and our faith - truly it has. 

My view today is that I think almost every denomination and differing theology is likely to be valid in some way.   Rather than "who has the truth?" we should consider asking "what truth have you learned to be important?". Our God is incredible and I don't think we can fully understand every aspect of the Father, His Son and His Word unless we bring our differences together - so that we can collaborate our ideas and experience, looking for synergy. As one family.

That may be a rose-tinted way of looking at things, yet it seems to work well on this forum!   Praise you Yahweh!  Thank you for this "well"!

Love & Shalom

This is so true.

John 8:31-32 NLT
[31] Jesus said to the people who believed in him, "You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. [32] And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Matthew 15:8-11 NLT
[8] 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. [9] Their worship is a farce, for they teach man-made ideas as commands from God.'" [10] Then Jesus called to the crowd to come and hear. "Listen," he said, "and try to understand. [11] It's not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth."

what is very important to being a child of God is to share to our brothers and sisters the lesson God is teaching us, His ways. thru our experience or by our experiences in life God is showing us His ways when we obey Him. 

We have all one way or the other experience doing foolish things, but God by His mercy and grace revealed to us and brought us back to Him by His truth. So we should understand the situation of others and just pray that the Lord will reveal Himself to them also as He has to us. Then we could encourage one another to obey and follow Jesus, then when we all the children of God do, we all have unity.

i believe in my heart that the prayer of Jesus will happen, that we all will be united, bec He is in us and we will be in Him, then the world will know that God sent Jesus, that Jesus is true and alive. One Spirit, one Lord, one body.

Shalom!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Amen @Geraldine!  We think the same way and hope for the same thing, so surely the Holy Spirit unites us already.  There are times when you meet another believer and, even if you have differences, you feel you are on the same "wavelength".  What an exciting family it will be to meet at the Wedding Feast!

I look forward to reading more of your posts!

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Romans 8:19 NLT
[19] For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are.

so exciting! So looking forward to know our true family in the Lord! So fun and joyful and happy to talk about our Father.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1