George

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for your post, George. The Scripture is clear that our love for one another authenticates our faith (John 13:34-35) and testifies to the world that Jesus is the Messiah (John 17:23). I believe in proper theology but also believe in unity of the body. Both can coexist and even offer room for differences. We'll be able to sort out our differences in eternity when we know even as we're known. In the meantime, the world is desperate to see a unified church. Thank you GeorgeĀ for providing this resource where we can work out our unity even as we express our diversity. Too much is at stake for a divided church.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 10/2/2004 at 11:37 AM, George said:

Hello my brothers and sisters in the Lord,

Most people don't realize the radical experiment we are doing here! I want you to imagine yourself -- hundreds of years ago -- when all the different denominations were starting! While everyone was insisting their beliefs were the "only" correct way to worship God -- they were creating more and more splits and divisions!

What we are trying to do at Worthy Boards is unheard of when you think about it! We are trying to unify the body -- while at the same time protect those fundamental truths that we can all agree with -- the need for salvation through Jesus -- the source of truth for living the Christian life found within the Bible. Read our Statement of faith! This experiment hasn't happened before when you really consider it!

Of course, there's the ecumenical movement -- unity for the sake of doctrinal compromises! I'm sorry, but the fundamental doctrines of the faith can't be compromised.

So often though when you have so many different denominations, you have many different avenues of thought that have never been explored by other denominations. Just because a teaching is "different" than one you are used to hearing, doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong -- it may be just different!

But differences of opinion is actually a good thing whether you realize it or not! For God didn't create us to be the SAME body part -- but created us all different so that we could join together to form the body of Christ to complement each other!

Oftentimes I learn by realizing other avenues of thinking presented by various believers. By allowing various avenues of thoughts we expand our horizons and allow the Spirit of God to realign our thoughts with the mind of Christ and continue our growth in the maturity of the Lord.

So before you run out and cry "heretic" or "false teacher", be sure to carefully listen, and observe what someone is saying. I honestly believe that things "heard through the grapevine" have a way of being twisted -- but if you go to the source then you can carefully examine the fruit -- test the fruit -- and then make a judgment -- often times you may find that the red grape you were expecting to find was just a white grape -- it was just a different color, but when you examined the fruit -- you find out its still good fruit!

We need to recognize that every word spoken, we will be judged for. And everyone that is hindered from hearing the gospel because someone feels the need to scream - heretic, false prophet, or demeaning someone in some fashion -- let's just say I wouldn't want to be that person sitting before the Lord at the Bema Seat!

This is a problem that I do have and I want to voice my concerns now and I hope you carefully heed these words. When someone comes into the boards, who is not necessarily a Christian -- the first thing you should do is NOT castigate them.

The first thing you should do before you even post -- what would Jesus do? Did Jesus say -- get away from me you prostitute? or get away from me you heathen? or say give me the first stone because I am without sin?

Jesus didn't go closing doors, He went forth OPENING the DOOR so ALL could enter in!

This was the Lord's prayer to the Father before He was crucified! That we may all be ONE! My wife and I don't agree on everything -- but when we disagree -- we agree to disagree! Sometimes it's best to say -- I agree to disagree!

Love breaks down walls of division and covers a multitude of sins! So may the Love of God be abundant in your hearts so that the world can be radically changed through you!

May the love of God be shown in all of your posts!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

One of the things I love about the discussions on the internet is that it has taught me that there is very little in the doctrine of Christianity that is a "hill to die on". The rest is just varying opinion. Heck, I'll even admit that universalists have a lot of scripture that support their position, though I disagree with them. And, honestly, I'd love to discover in eternity that they were right or, at least, mostly right. :)

About the only things that I have no patience for on a Christian site are trolling and unfounded chastisementĀ for the "sin" of disagreeing with someone, and backing it up. The rest is all either all in fun or iron sharpening iron.Ā 

And if a non-believer is here asking questions I feel they are either:

1. Sincere in their questions and are genuinely looking for answers.

2. A troll.Ā 

I don't suffer trolls, but I need a lot of evidence before I'll identify a poster as such.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  381
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/04/1973

On 10/2/2004 at 7:37 PM, George said:

Most people don't realize the radical experiment we are doing here! I want you to imagine yourself -- hundreds of years ago -- when all the different denominations were starting! While everyone was insisting their beliefs were the "only" correct way to worship God -- they were creating more and more splits and divisions!

What we are trying to do at Worthy Boards is unheard of when you think about it! We are trying to unify the body -- while at the same time protect those fundamental truths that we can all agree with -- the need for salvation through Jesus -- the source of truth for living the Christian life found within the Bible. Read our Statement of faith! This experiment hasn't happened before when you really consider it!

Of course, there's the ecumenical movement -- unity for the sake of doctrinal compromises! I'm sorry, but the fundamental doctrines of the faith can't be compromised.

So often though when you have so many different denominations, you have many different avenues of thought that have never been explored by other denominations. Just because a teaching is "different" than one you are used to hearing, doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong -- it may be just different!

But differences of opinion is actually a good thing whether you realize it or not! For God didn't create us to be the SAME body part -- but created us all different so that we could join together to form the body of Christ to complement each other!

Oftentimes I learn by realizing other avenues of thinking presented by various believers. By allowing various avenues of thoughts we expand our horizons and allow the Spirit of God to realign our thoughts with the mind of Christ and continue our growth in the maturity of the Lord.

So before you run out and cry "heretic" or "false teacher", be sure to carefully listen, and observe what someone is saying. I honestly believe that things "heard through the grapevine" have a way of being twisted -- but if you go to the source then you can carefully examine the fruit -- test the fruit -- and then make a judgment -- often times you may find that the red grape you were expecting to find was just a white grape -- it was just a different color, but when you examined the fruit -- you find out its still good fruit!

We need to recognize that every word spoken, we will be judged for. And everyone that is hindered from hearing the gospel because someone feels the need to scream - heretic, false prophet, or demeaning someone in some fashion -- let's just say I wouldn't want to be that person sitting before the Lord at the Bema Seat!

This is a problem that I do have and I want to voice my concerns now and I hope you carefully heed these words. When someone comes into the boards, who is not necessarily a Christian -- the first thing you should do is NOT castigate them.

The first thing you should do before you even post -- what would Jesus do? Did Jesus say -- get away from me you prostitute? or get away from me you heathen? or say give me the first stone because I am without sin?

Jesus didn't go closing doors, He went forth OPENING the DOOR so ALL could enter in!

This was the Lord's prayer to the Father before He was crucified! That we may all be ONE! My wife and I don't agree on everything -- but when we disagree -- we agree to disagree! Sometimes it's best to say -- I agree to disagree!

Love breaks down walls of division and covers a multitude of sins! So may the Love of God be abundant in your hearts so that the world can be radically changed through you!

George

Amen George and in addition, if we are in the Lord Jesus Christ...we are also a salt and light of this world..

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 10/2/2004 at 8:35 PM, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Ā 

Amen and Amen.

Ā 

I think the problem is not disagreements but how people handle those disagreements. Some people resort to personal insults and attacks when they disagree with others. Is this the Love of God?

Ā 

In just a last few days I have heard more personal insults and attacks then I think I will ever hear in real life even from non-christians.

Ā 

I have heard Christan's calling other Christians:

Ā 

Heretic

Stupid

Ignorant

Fool

Uneducated

Serpant

Evil

et...

Ā 

This has got to stop! This has become a poisonous environment where people are walking away hurting. Soon or later your bound to walk away hurt by some poisonous insult.

Ā 

Its ok to disagree with others but remain in love and respectfully say I disagree and maybe explain why you disagree with out being rude and slinging insults and name calling.

Ā 

I really feel like moderators need to deal with those that sling personal insults. This does not promote a healthy discussion or Christian environment to learning and growing. Actually it works the opposite.

Ā 

God bless,

Amen.....Wise words ā£

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 10/2/2004 at 8:37 AM, George said:

George

This sounds almost exactly like the agenda of the Alpha courses. I've commented on their nature and purpose elsewhere where it is appropriate.Ā 

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which
leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:14Ā  Truth is love
Ā 

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,204
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  4,329
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 10/2/2004 at 8:37 AM, George said:

George

Amen!Ā :)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  651
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

George:

I 100% agree with your statement of faith.

Regarding dissent in the body of Christ, and your forums, I have found over the years that those who persist in name calling, in-house fighting, and quibbling over minor issues tend to be self centered and selfish. In fact, that is one of the central themes in the garden of Eden when the devil persuaded Adam and Eve to sin. First the devil questioned the Word of God, then the devil questioned the character of God by appealing to the 'self' of man suggesting that God was withholding something from themĀ (selfishness).

I have been saved since 1978, and have witnessed many schisms over the years.Ā  Almost ALL of them happened because of immaturity, and selfishness of brothers and sisters insisting on their own desires, instead of the good of the Church that Jesus loves, and died for. I wish it were not so, but, I am confident of that conclusion.

Selfishness seeks the good and promotion/preservation of self before the rest of the body of Christ. It prevents people from attending local church, being instructed in ways of righteousness (Bible doctrine), serving the body of Christ, edifying and building up the body of Christ (Corinthians) by allowing all the gifts and fruit of the Spirit to help our brothers and sisters. Selfishness always manifests itself in self centered speech and actions designed to tear apart Jesus's church, and eventually spiritually kill the self centered person. Jesus's own disciples once were debating who amoung them should be the greatest, and he set the record straight.

Then His disciples began arguing about which of them was the greatest. Ā Luke 9:46
But Jesus knew their thoughts, so He brought a little child to His side. Ā Luke 9:47
Then He said to them, "Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on My behalf welcomes Me, and anyone who welcomes Me also welcomes My Father who sent Me. Whoever is the least among you is the greatest." Ā Luke 9:48

Replying to this forum has given me a chance to put into words what I have thought for many years. I have known selfish christians, and I have known Christians who exude the Fruit of the Spirit and Gifts of the Spirit for the benefit of the Body.

Speaking of which . . . It is time for me to go to church this morning . . . I pray that God uses his people to edify and build each of us up in ways that only Jesus can do . . .Ā 

Grace and Peace . . .

Ray .Ā  . .Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Brother George,

Thank you!Ā  I too seek unity in the body and want to help.Ā  I had to quit church for a couple years and do some serious praying. I wanted to get a fresh start on my knowledge of God and what he wants for my life.Ā  I now am wanting to get involved again. I believe we are in the end times and God will pour out his spirit on all flesh.Ā  I feel it!Ā  God is putting things into place.Ā  We are in the end times and I want to be in the middle of it, not on the outside looking in.Ā  Lately God has put it on my heart about the end times after the rapture.Ā  Since the rapture has not happened yet, are there things we can do to assist those that will be left behind?Ā  I've seriously been thinking of how to be of help to those who are late in coming to Christ.Ā  Anyway, there is so much to think about and put together and I am in the prayer stage :)Ā  Blessing to you and prayers from me! <><<

Ā 

Matt

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

God bless you, Matt. I hope and trust the Lord will honor your hearts desire and use you to His Glory.

i share this with you.