• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

When I first came onto this board, I thought it was like a lot of others' out there... :emot-heartbeat: But I soon realized that not everyone here is judgmental and rude. It is very frustrating being new to the board with full intention of finding likeminded folks and only seeing animosity. I

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  07/13/1978

Praise the Lord. This was a great post George!

amen! amen! amen!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Birthday:  05/30/1986

Love truly accepts all. Christianity is a love culture...the culture of the Kingdom of Go

Hello my brothers and sisters in the Lord,

Most people don't realize the radical experiment we are doing here! I want you to imagine yourself -- hundreds of years ago -- when all the different denominations were starting! While everyone was insisting their beliefs were the "only" correct way to worship God -- they were creating more and more splits and divisions!

What we are trying to do at Worthy Boards is unheard of when you think about it! We are trying to unify the body -- while at the same time protect those fundamental truths that we can all agree with -- the need for salvation through Jesus -- the source for truth for living the Christian life found within the Bible. Read our Statement of faith! This experiment hasn't happened before when you really consider it!

Of course there's the ecumenical movement -- unity for the sake of doctrinal compromises! I'm sorry, but the fundamental doctrines of the faith can't be compromised.

So often though when you have so many different denominations, you have many different avenues of thought that have never been explored by other denominations. Just because a teaching is "different" than one you are used to hearing, doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong -- it may be just different!

But differences of opinion is actually a good thing whether you realize it or not! For God didn't create us to be the SAME body part -- but created us all different so that we could join together to form the body of Christ to compliment each other!

Oftentimes I learn by realizing other avenues of thinking presented by various believers. By allowing various avenues of thoughts we expand our horizons and allow the Spirit of God to realign our thoughts with the mind of Christ and continue our growth in the maturity of the Lord.

So before you run out and cry "heretic" or "false teacher", be sure to carefully listen, and observe what someone is saying. I honestly believe that things "heard through the grapevine" have a way of being twisted -- but if you go to the source then you can carefully examine the fruit -- test the fruit -- and then make a judgment -- oftentimes you may find that the red grape you were expecting to find was just a white grape -- it was just a different color, but when you examined the fruit -- you find out it's still good fruit!

We need to recognize that every word spoken, we will be judged for. And everyone that is hindered from hearing the gospel because someone feels the need to scream - heretic, false prophet, or demeaning someone in some fashion -- let's just say I wouldn't want to be that person sitting before the Lord at the Bema Seat!

This is a problem that I do have and I want to voice my concerns now and I hope you carefully heed these words. When someone comes into the boards, who is not necessarily a Christian -- the first thing you should do is NOT castigate them.

The first thing you should do before you even post -- what would Jesus do? Did Jesus say -- get away from me you prostitute? or get away from me you heathen? or say give me the first stone because I am without sin?

Jesus didn't go closing doors, He went forth OPENING the DOOR so ALL could enter in!

John 17:20-21
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Hello my brothers and sisters in the Lord,

Most people don't realize the radical experiment we are doing here! I want you to imagine yourself -- hundreds of years ago -- when all the different denominations were starting! While everyone was insisting their beliefs were the "only" correct way to worship God -- they were creating more and more splits and divisions!

What we are trying to do at Worthy Boards is unheard of when you think about it! We are trying to unify the body -- while at the same time protect those fundamental truths that we can all agree with -- the need for salvation through Jesus -- the source for truth for living the Christian life found within the Bible. Read our Statement of faith! This experiment hasn't happened before when you really consider it!

Of course there's the ecumenical movement -- unity for the sake of doctrinal compromises! I'm sorry, but the fundamental doctrines of the faith can't be compromised.

So often though when you have so many different denominations, you have many different avenues of thought that have never been explored by other denominations. Just because a teaching is "different" than one you are used to hearing, doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong -- it may be just different!

But differences of opinion is actually a good thing whether you realize it or not! For God didn't create us to be the SAME body part -- but created us all different so that we could join together to form the body of Christ to compliment each other!

Oftentimes I learn by realizing other avenues of thinking presented by various believers. By allowing various avenues of thoughts we expand our horizons and allow the Spirit of God to realign our thoughts with the mind of Christ and continue our growth in the maturity of the Lord.

So before you run out and cry "heretic" or "false teacher", be sure to carefully listen, and observe what someone is saying. I honestly believe that things "heard through the grapevine" have a way of being twisted -- but if you go to the source then you can carefully examine the fruit -- test the fruit -- and then make a judgment -- oftentimes you may find that the red grape you were expecting to find was just a white grape -- it was just a different color, but when you examined the fruit -- you find out it's still good fruit!

We need to recognize that every word spoken, we will be judged for. And everyone that is hindered from hearing the gospel because someone feels the need to scream - heretic, false prophet, or demeaning someone in some fashion -- let's just say I wouldn't want to be that person sitting before the Lord at the Bema Seat!

This is a problem that I do have and I want to voice my concerns now and I hope you carefully heed these words. When someone comes into the boards, who is not necessarily a Christian -- the first thing you should do is NOT castigate them.

The first thing you should do before you even post -- what would Jesus do? Did Jesus say -- get away from me you prostitute? or get away from me you heathen? or say give me the first stone because I am without sin?

Jesus didn't go closing doors, He went forth OPENING the DOOR so ALL could enter in!

John 17:20-21
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

blessings,

thought it would be a good time to bump this thread again

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

Good thinking!

:(

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Yes and thank you, we should all pay attention to what has been said :(

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  4
  • Birthday:  02/10/1959

What a lovely idea - I wish there was more of this out in the world. It's good to remember why the Samaritans were called "Good" - because no one expected them to be!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/08/1939

This is good. I know that what I post some times is not in full agreement with others here. I respect that. And I may have been a little loud on some of my replies from the replied posts. I know that how I interpret the scripture may not be to some liking,but it is what and how I see it, that is all. I respect all individuals and their beliefs as some are different than mine.

I have come back hard at times because of my strong belief. To be honest, I believe the Bible to be mostly 180 degrees from most of what is being taught through the mainstream churches. No burning Hell, Gods Kingdom here on Earth, not in Heaven and many more. I enjoy the site and you will have me to continue to be here. Jesus Is the Christ and He is the only way to obtain Eternal life. Thank you so much.

Leodrex;

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

U R DA MAN G-MAN! NA DATS WUTS UP! :whistling:

• Followers:  3