• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

So before you run out and cry "heretic" or "false teacher", be sure to carefully listen, and observe what someone is saying

I already have that decided when I read the title of the post, and I hain't evah gonna change! :noidea:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

One thing we all can agree on, we believe in the Messiah. Putting our differences aside, I believe we all want the kingdom of God to grow. A way to unify us would be to work on the same project.

The law of exponential growth can work to bring us together. If one person converts two people and those two, each convert two; you now have 7 Christians. It would take just 34 times of doubling to convert over 9 billion people.

Would this make the experiment a success? It would be great sharing the bread in such a way and knowing we are all participating. Would the board members be interested in organizing such a venture?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/28/1972

I'm really glad I found this thread! Being new here it's nice to know, right up front, what the overall goal is! Someone (I forget who... sorry..... lot of meat in these 8 pages lol) talked about most attempts at "unity" within Christianity involves setting aside foundational beliefs, which I certainly do not believe is appropriate. But as others have noted, there are many area's of "theology" (for lack of a better term) that we can differ on. If we're truthful with oureselves it's quite possible that non of us are 100% right! You may be a little right, I may be a little right, and someone else may be too. Somewhere in the middle of those three opinions is where truth most likely lies. I think we do ourselves, and our God, a great disservice when we immediately dismiss a different way of looking at something. Of course we have to be discerning and some things are just obviously in error, but many times I fear it's our own stubborness and refusal to look at something differently that stunts our own growth.

• 6 years later...
  • Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Bump!  Bump!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 10/11/2004 at 5:29 PM, Born2BFree said:

A study of the progression of protestantism in history will reveal that the first schizm induced by Martin Luther at Worms produced the first breakaway church from Catholicism and it was soon labled the Lutheran Church. Later... God caused another son to rise with another message of reform against the concreted orthodoxy of the Lutheran Organization. Still later ... another reformer arose and reacted to the new 'denomination'. All protestant denominations were initially reactionary non-conformist radicals despised by the conservative middle-of-the-roaders of their day. So what does this tell the sincere Christian interested in going all0the-way with God? Follow Jesus. He always led from the EDGE of the crowd. He NEVER sought consensus. He introduced controversy from the center of scripture. God is dynamic and the christian experience is also dynamic, or it is nothing more than a hollow shell and a sham. I want religion that is REAL, not just another secret handshake and a bucket of fried chicken. How about YOU>?

23 minutes ago, George said:

Bump!  Bump!

Way way BEFORE protestants,   Jesus brought a sword .......  

Then a little while later,   the waldensians....

then a little while later,  the anabaptists .....

so, all along, almost,  there have been some true believers even when the whole religious system(s) and the whole world was far far astray.

so too today.   God saved for Himself a remnant in every people , country and nation. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,145
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  03/24/1993

On 10/2/2004 at 4:37 PM, George said:

Hello my brothers and sisters in the Lord,

Most people don't realize the radical experiment we are doing here! I want you to imagine yourself -- hundreds of years ago -- when all the different denominations were starting! While everyone was insisting their beliefs were the "only" correct way to worship God -- they were creating more and more splits and divisions!

What we are trying to do at Worthy Boards is unheard of when you think about it! We are trying to unify the body -- while at the same time protect those fundamental truths that we can all agree with -- the need for salvation through Jesus -- the source for truth for living the Christian life found within the Bible. Read our Statement of faith! This experiment hasn't happened before when you really consider it!

Of course there's the ecumenical movement -- unity for the sake of doctrinal compromises! I'm sorry, but the fundamental doctrines of the faith can't be compromised.

So often though when you have so many different denominations, you have many different avenues of thought that have never been explored by other denominations. Just because a teaching is "different" than one you are used to hearing, doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong -- it may be just different!

But differences of opinion is actually a good thing whether you realize it or not! For God didn't create us to be the SAME body part -- but created us all different so that we could join together to form the body of Christ to compliment each other!

Oftentimes I learn by realizing other avenues of thinking presented by various believers. By allowing various avenues of thoughts we expand our horizons and allow the Spirit of God to realign our thoughts with the mind of Christ and continue our growth in the maturity of the Lord.

So before you run out and cry "heretic" or "false teacher", be sure to carefully listen, and observe what someone is saying. I honestly believe that things "heard through the grapevine" have a way of being twisted -- but if you go to the source then you can carefully examine the fruit -- test the fruit -- and then make a judgment -- oftentimes you may find that the red grape you were expecting to find was just a white grape -- it was just a different color, but when you examined the fruit -- you find out it's still good fruit!

We need to recognize that every word spoken, we will be judged for. And everyone that is hindered from hearing the gospel because someone feels the need to scream - heretic, false prophet, or demeaning someone in some fashion -- let's just say I wouldn't want to be that person sitting before the Lord at the Bema Seat!

This is a problem that I do have and I want to voice my concerns now and I hope you carefully heed these words. When someone comes into the boards, who is not necessarily a Christian -- the first thing you should do is NOT castigate them.

The first thing you should do before you even post -- what would Jesus do? Did Jesus say -- get away from me you prostitute? or get away from me you heathen? or say give me the first stone because I am without sin?

Jesus didn't go closing doors, He went forth OPENING the DOOR so ALL could enter in!

This was the Lord's prayer to the Father before He was crucified! That we may all be ONE! My wife and I don't agree on everything -- but when we disagree -- we agree to disagree! Sometimes it's best to say -- I agree to disagree!

Love breaks down walls of division and covers a multitude of sins! So may the Love of God be abundant in your hearts so that the world can be radically changed through you!

May the love of God be shown in all of your posts!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

Amen Brother , i agree with this post whole heartedly , i may attend a Methodist church but its not about the church or their doctrines its about who we serve , worship its our relationship with our Lord and Saviour that matters most .

The church i attend even states this too not many do , i go everywhere the Lord wants me to go :)

On 10/2/2004 at 4:49 PM, WayneB said:

:t2::D Amen!

I have a close internet friend that I met through the boards a few months ago. He came here as well as other Chistian message boards looking for exactly what George is speaking of. He wanted to see if Unity in the Body of Christ is possible. He didn't stay long but I pray some day that saints such as he will find a home here along with all the rest of us and that our Unity in Christ will be our shining LIGHT.

UNITY in Christ is NOT uniformity nor is it wrong when it is in CHRIST...the Truth, the Way and the Life. Praise HIM forever!

Be Blessed,

Wayne

Agreed Wayne

On 10/2/2004 at 8:35 PM, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Amen and Amen.

I think the problem is not disagreements but how people handle those disagreements. Some people resort to personal insults and attacks when they disagree with others. Is this the Love of God?

In just a last few days I have heard more personal insults and attacks then I think I will ever hear in real life even from non-christians.

I have heard Christan's calling other Christians:

Heretic

Stupid

Ignorant

Fool

Uneducated

Serpant

Evil

et...

This has got to stop! This has become a poisonous environment where people are walking away hurting. Soon or later your bound to walk away hurt by some poisonous insult.

Its ok to disagree with others but remain in love and respectfully say I disagree and maybe explain why you disagree with out being rude and slinging insults and name calling.

I really feel like moderators need to deal with those that sling personal insults. This does not promote a healthy discussion or Christian environment to learning and growing. Actually it works the opposite.

God bless,

this is why i had to walk from another christian forum i was called names my jaw dropped but i also felt it was God that was telling me to move away from it 

On 10/3/2004 at 11:44 AM, seraph said:

Ephesians (NAS)

4:3 being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;

4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

4:6 one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

and that's all i got to say about that. :laugh:

thanks for sharing this :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,145
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  03/24/1993

On 10/5/2004 at 2:50 PM, WayneB said:

:t2::) Wow! That is the Spirit speaking to all of us. Thanks for sharing it with us Root. I know that choosing wrong grieves the Holy Spirit but the imagery of hammering the nail leaves me without words.

What a FRIEND we have in Jesus... so why do we always hurt our Friend?

Be Blessed!

Wayne

indeed we have a friend in Jesus there is a song called that 

here is the lyrics of that song and with such a powerful meaning too 

1. What a friend we have in Jesus,
    All our sins and griefs to bear!
    What a privilege to carry
    Everything to God in prayer!
    Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
    Oh, what needless pain we bear,
    All because we do not carry
    Everything to God in prayer!
  2. Have we trials and temptations?
    Is there trouble anywhere?
    We should never be discouraged—
    Take it to the Lord in prayer.
    Can we find a friend so faithful,
    Who will all our sorrows share?
    Jesus knows our every weakness;
  3. Are we weak and heavy-laden,
    Cumbered with a load of care?
    Precious Savior, still our refuge—
    Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
    Take it to the Lord in prayer!
    In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,
    Thou wilt find a solace there.
  4. Blessed Savior, Thou hast promised
    Thou wilt all our burdens bear;
    May we ever, Lord, be bringing
    All to Thee in earnest prayer.
    Soon in glory bright, unclouded,
    There will be no need for prayer—
    Rapture, praise, and endless worship
    Will be our sweet portion there.
On 10/6/2004 at 1:08 PM, Work in Progress said:

Gvpc, that was my answer as well.

Atheism - Secular Humanism - same thing. They rely on themselves, they are their own God. They are their sole purpose for existing.

As far as Atheism being a religion; Atheism is specifically recognized by the state as a religion and the United States Supreme Court has repeatedly stated that Atheism warrants the same protection as all other religions.

i didnt realise it was classed as a religion 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

As Wayne was just quoted:

On 10/5/2004 at 8:50 AM, WayneB said:

....What a FRIEND we have in Jesus... so why do we always hurt our Friend? Be Blessed!  Wayne

That's perhaps called "human (sinful) nature".   We aren't called and chosen to hurt Jesus -   We aren't supposed to keep crucifying Him daily(as some do).

Jesus was born a man, lived and died and raised from the dead, without sinning, to save us and to give us hope;  to make us (literally) right with God and show us how to live as we TRUST HIM and RELY ON HIM.

Jesus and the disciples , His followers ,  were all called names including names like "dungface", and did not resist nor retaliate.

Jesus said all of His slaves could expect this kind of treatment, just as the Master Himself received.

He told the disciples something like " I know you don't know how to live right;  come , learn from ME , and I will show you."  many times (throughout Scripture and throughout history the last 2000 years).

-----------------------------

the 'experiment' ,  living God's Way,  was possible in the NT.

For some Today, it is possible still (God Willing). (God's Plan, God's Purpose, in Jesus Today and Forever)

• Thumbs Up 2

• George pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2004 at 5:57 PM, gypc said:

Many might say that this experiment will fail because we can't cling to false teaching but the funny thing is, I have given up some false teaching since I have been here.

I came here looking for fellowship and at 1st I thought people were not operating in love. They were so headstrong with some opinions. They would say that men I have looked up to for so long were teaching false doctrine. This is when the experiment started working for me because instead of argueing over and over, I became slow to speak and quick to listen. I found out through much study and prayer that the men in ministry I latched on to were indeed teaching things that were outside the of word of God.....or, if you will a new revelation

So I asked God..what causes one to teach something that is false in the name of Jesus. He showed me 1John 2:8 (NIV)Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. 9Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. 11Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work.

Runs ahead stood out to me like a bolt of lightening. I found that many are running ahead with one certain thing or another and being so focused on that, forgetting and even having to change other scripture to justify what they cling to.

I'm not going into much detail right now because I have a whole study on this I'm gonna post in the future but I'll give one example. God wants his people to prosper but men and women have given their whole life over to teaching the prosperity message that many of them have left the straight way and are running the race in a different direction other than the coarse Christ has laid out for us to run.

How many times have we heard.....here is a "new revelation" or God is "doing something new"

Since I've been here, I feel like nothing is gonna get past me again.

At the same time, I am not gonna run ahead to find every single , little bit of false teaching I can but now I am standing on the Word wholeheartedly. So if someone comes and says they have a new revelation or brings a 110 year old doctrine that was founded on an angel's gift and vision to someone, I will line in up against the word of God and see if it came from God or not.

So, in the Love of our Lord and Savoir, let us come together and see if we have the truth so that we can be perfected in righteousness.

George, this is a great thread and an even greater vision you have for the Body of Christ.

I will be praying even more than I was.

In his love,

Brian

so just stay awhile and hold fast and try and be worthy and see why Worthys ideas though highly praiseworthy are not really plausible or feasible or even possible imho alas and sadly so - wincam

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

You quoted someone from 2004, wincam.

5 hours ago, wincam said:

so just stay awhile and hold fast and try and be worthy and see why Worthys ideas though highly praiseworthy are not really plausible or feasible or even possible imho alas and sadly so - wincam

Many people here have been here for 10 to 15 years!  We are of many diverse denominations.  But like George said, we are Christ centered and wholly base our faith on the 66 books of the Bible.  When people base their faith on other things, like visions and revelations that contradict Scripture, whether it be the prosperity gospel or the doctrines of the immaculate conception and perpetual virginity of Mary, we have lost our common ground.  None of those beliefs can be substantiated by the Bible.  So Worthy 's ideas are working for those who are Both Christ centered and Bible centered.  

So I have to ask, how familiar are you with the Bible?  Do you have an intimate daily relationship with Jesus Christ in which you both talk to Him and hear from Him as confirmed by the Bible?  Or is your relationship with your church and with Mary.  Do your check your churches teaching with the  Bible to see if these things are so the way gypc planned to do?  If your have, do you consider the Bible to be the accurate inspired Word of God?  

• Thumbs Up 1