ashwise

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Never pay back evil with evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men. If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord. Romans 12:17-19

So dose God really take vengance against someone who has offended you or dose he not do anything at all? The reason I'm asking this is because other christians have told me God dose not do vengeance.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

"You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord." (Lev. 19:18)

"He has brought on them their own iniquity, & shall cut them off in their own wickedness; The Lord our God shall cut them off." (Psalm 94:23)

"But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgement. & whoever says to his brother, 'Ra'ca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool' shall be in danger of hell fire." (Matt. 5:22) {Ra'ca= Empty Head}

"But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, & pray for those who spitefully use you & persecute you." (Matt. 5:44)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/20/1988

My friend, God will take His vengeance. He speaks of it a lot. In fact, as a Christian we are saved from the wrath and vengeance to come. But she is right in saying that we have no right to take vengeance, but only to show love and forgiveness.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

God's vengeance is not for revenge but for conviction and repentance.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

God's vengeance is not for revenge but for conviction and repentance.

Amen!

Romans 12:17-21 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord. Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

What we humans think of venegeance is nothing how God sees it all. God is not in the 'murder' business He isnt going to go off punishing people who have harmed us. God will come one day and all will stand for their own actions, as we all must stand each day and take responsiblity for what we have done or did not do.

This 'venegeance' is punishment, He is going to come again and punish the wicked, He refines us, or reprimands us when we fall off the path also doesn't He? So yes God will come, its His job to jugde, to correct, to refine and to punish and of that we have full confidence in.

shalom,

Mizz

• 4 years later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 2/16/2012 at 6:50 PM, ashwise said:

So dose God really take vengance against someone who has offended you or dose he not do anything at all? The reason I'm asking this is because other christians have told me God dose not do vengeance.

On 2/16/2012 at 7:33 PM, Denise37 said:

"You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord." (Lev. 19:18)

"He has brought on them their own iniquity, & shall cut them off in their own wickedness; The Lord our God shall cut them off." (Psalm 94:23)

"But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgement. & whoever says to his brother, 'Ra'ca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool' shall be in danger of hell fire." (Matt. 5:22) {Ra'ca= Empty Head}

"But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, & pray for those who spitefully use you & persecute you." (Matt. 5:44)

On 2/17/2012 at 1:40 PM, mizzdy said:

This 'venegeance' is punishment, He is going to come again and punish the wicked, He refines us, or reprimands us when we fall off the path also doesn't He? So yes God will come, its His job to jugde, to correct, to refine and to punish and of that we have full confidence in.

At first place: what is the evil? Based on what we are conceptualizing right and wrong? If you to think with calm, you will see that our decision is based on comfort or material suffering. Based on this, what is bad for one may be good for another. For example: for the patient, disease is an evil; for the physician, the means of making money and gathering wealth.

If this question of good and evil were so important, the Eternal would not have forbidden Adam to eat of the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Yet it is precisely in this that the sense of human justice is established and causes an individual to suppose that He has a better right to use that which is in the power of his neighbor, either for needing more, for being able to make better use of it, or because it was his right (at least he thinks so) and was taken by force.

Regardless of who is right or wrong, this will only cause him to kick against the pricks (Acts 9:5; 26:14), that is, to want to confront the Eternal with His love for others (Mt 20:14,15). His hatred for his sake becomes something so terrible that he is willing to hurt himself inside only to have the "privilege" of seeing the other suffer.

But think: what is injustice? What really is the evil she brings? Do not think that injustice is founded on evil. Every attitude is positive. That is, when someone does something, they are thinking about the good. The question is: for whose sake?

Where do you think the great wars come from? They are not undertaken by bandits, but by illustrious individuals of the people and government (the military). With the excuse that it is to fight against injustice and to end wars for good, they decide to make war, as if the guilt of all evils were in those whom they have labeled as perverse.

However, look at the history of Israel, for example, and you will see that even with so many enemies completely destroyed (Amorites, Amalekites, Edomites, Ammonites, Moabites, Hivites, Perizzites, Girgashites, Jebusites, Philistines, etc.), until today they have not reached the much desired peace. On the contrary: there is no nation as troubled as Israel. The Lord allowed them to make war and to overcome so that we would not have doubts that it is not through the use of violence that one will be strengthened (Isa. 47:10; Ezek. 7:23; Psalms 56.7; Prov 12.3; Psalms 62:10,11; Ecl 8.8).

Moreover, revenge, in the eyes of the Eternal, does not mean to cause the other to suffer (for the Eternal has no pleasure in this kind of thing - Ezekiel 33:11; Micah 7:18). Revenge means "to get sucess", that is, "to make something work".

May Jesus enable us to leave in the hands of the Father the task of making things right in our lives. After all, it is only He who knows what is the result to be attained (Isaiah 55:10-11, Romans 8:28).

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/16/2012 at 8:50 PM, ashwise said:

Never pay back evil with evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men. If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord. Romans 12:17-19

For some waiting on God to exact justice for offenses they've suffered is a bit daunting. Also reading 2Thessalonians 1 and particularly verse 6 ," since indeed God considers it just to repay with affliction those who afflict you," , makes for some confusion on the matter I'd say. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 2/16/2012 at 2:50 PM, ashwise said:

So does God really take vengance against someone who has offended you or dose he not do anything at all? The reason I'm asking this is because other christians have told me God dose not do vengeance.

YHWH(GOD)  does HIS vengeance as HE SAYS,  not as men say.  Not against those who offend you.  (Why would HE?)

See a few references about who takes offense, and who does not.... >>

Mark 6:3
Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

Matthew 11:6
And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

Matthew 13:21
Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

Revenge is something that leaves a scar on your soul that can not be removed. It is a form of hatred that can't be taken from you unless you forgive yourself and those you wish vengeance on, before you act. It will remove the need for the action and remove the train of events that follow the act of revenge. Gods vengeance is compete and when he gains that there will be no repercussions since those he has gained vengeance upon will be no more. I am not saying that anyone could gain repercaustions on God, but they could you, if they were still in existence.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Yes, God does take vengeance.  No we should not take vengeance ourselves.  That said, the wrath of man does not work the righteousness of God.  And God's grace and mercy allow space to repent before inflicting justice.

I have seen God take vengeance in my behalf.  I isn't pretty.  I wish it wasn't necessary but it is.