• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

L10

I know I have missed a bit of the discussion, but where did all the shapeshifting discussion come in?

At the risk of getting said discussion cranked up again, I believe it came from too many TV programs and not enough scripture

Why do I think that? The main reason would be that scripture does not ever describe what they look like let alone an ability

to...ahem...cough...gag...shapeshift

However, those who confirm this opinion will no doubt staunchly defend it. :guns:

Well there is pretty clear argument that satan is even able to create to a degree, not to create actual life, but create incredible disgusting things. Look for example at the snakes that Pharoh was able to have thrown down from staffs. He is simply a counterfeiter, a wannabe, and yet He has a very seemingly human attention. One could say that He is very much of the ways of the world, and He knows how to catch the fancy of nearly anyone that seeks this. I believe that satan and his legions have witnessed mans traits and ways for a great many years, and He knows how to mimick, deceive, and even send a spirit that we have invited, to our actual being. Will it Possess? I do not believe, but I do believe the ramifications can be horrible without taking the full armor, fully repent, and continue to be aware. Scripture is clear that once He has been rebuked or removed, he waits for the house (body) to be swept clean and prepared for even more of his lower demons, and many of them. Don't play around friends, it is out there, and they are out there. Watch Joel Osteen all you want, and believe that every happy feeling is of God, but Satan will, and does try to pretend to be God. Test the spirits, and the Bible tells you how.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Joel has more of a Unilateralist overview of salvation. While he does say that the only way to God is through His Son, he also says that atheist will make it to heaven. It seems like Joel is afraid of saying what scripture says while saying scripture is true. His message is always looking at the positive and neglecting the negative. It is as if he refuses to show people that sin is sin and that there are groups of people who will not make it to heaven. IS his message a false one? No, not always, but only a half one at best. One cannot have good without bad, right without wrong, yes without no in this life.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

aah yes, beloved Joel.

drink it in, noooo sin. it always goes down smooooth.. :laughing:

if a no repentance prayer to accept Jesus Christ in your heart at the end of every sermon can be considered milk, then what's formula nowadays? :runforhills:

Onelight:

Joel has more of a Unilateralist overview of salvation. While he does say that the only way to God is through His Son, he also says that atheist will make it to heaven. It seems like Joel is afraid of saying what scripture says while saying scripture is true.

He is not a unilateralist. He just won't put anyone in hell, and he spends most his time on all the good things God wants to do for you. He has spoken against gay sins and other things. He won't tell you they are going to hell though, because he says he is not the judge. I suppose some folks will be in heaven that will even surprise us.

Joel preaches truth, He will not put anyone in Hell though. I suppose on the outside we should not judge anyone either. There is nothing negative about scripture, but I don't think you meant it that way. The Bible also talks about sins, and things that keep you out of God's best, and Joel seems to preach just God's best, not addressing the what happens if you don't do as your suppose to do.

Joel is great for someone just coming to God, someone that lived a life of sin and wants loved. It's the Love of God that draws people.

Luk_7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

People do need to hear about the goodness of God, we preach it in our own churches. I guess Joel is always there in the time he has every week to hear how good God is, and how God wants you to make it if you need it.

I don't listen to Joel, but I like what he does. He does not preach error, but my thinking is that there would be time after growing up a little in His Church to move on to a different one. Paul talked about moving on to meat, and not always drinking the Milk. Let someone else that needs it fill your empty seat as you continue to grow and mature.

Jesus Is Lord.

You are correct in that I used the positive of scripture to relate to all that is good and the negative of scripture to relate to sin, not that scripture is negative in any way.

Joel does not judge, according to his own testimony, but he does not warn others about the accountability of sin by neglecting to preach against it. He said that atheist will be in heaven. That is impossible because one you give your live to Jesus, you are no linger an atheist. He tip-toes around the truth so he does not stand against anyone, which he also admits that he does not want to appear against anyone. How can one be for Christ and not against the sin people live in? I wonder how much love is in his words when he refuses to warn people that they are dying?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

The first time I ever listened to Osteen preach I knew he was a cardboard cutout and not to be taken seriously. There is NO halfway, gonna slide around the Truth, do- as- I -please- and- God -will- accept- me, path to Heaven. His 'church' is a delusion and a snare for believers.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,780
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The first time I ever listened to Osteen preach I knew he was a cardboard cutout and not to be taken seriously. There is NO halfway, gonna slide around the Truth, do- as- I -please- and- God -will- accept- me, path to Heaven. His 'church' is a delusion and a snare for believers.

The absence of God's Word as authority but some smarmey rhetoric and feely good philosophy ... I side with you MG :thumbsup: Love, Steven

OneLight

I wonder how much love is in his words when he refuses to warn people that they are dying?

I can't really speak for Joel. He had done a wonderful Job and has helped millions come to the Love and Knowledge of God. He really draws people closer to the Lord. He has a limited amount of time to get the same message out every week, He is bigger then what he ever thought, and if he was wrong in the eyes of God, He would correct it.

No ministry can preach falsely and stick around for years. God does not allow that, and I can prove that by many scriptures. If God is blessing them, the grow and get stronger.

We don't know what God has done or not done in this case, do we? How many times did Jesus preach about entering the kingdom and pointing out how to get there? We are to continue His message, not deter from it with the tickling of ears so not to offend anyone.

To be honest, if we are not taking fire from the enemy, we are not on the front lines. The front lines is where the rubber meets the road, not the vista overview of a vacation pamphlet.

This thread needs to get off of one preacher and back on topic.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,780
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

L10

I know I have missed a bit of the discussion, but where did all the shapeshifting discussion come in?

At the risk of getting said discussion cranked up again, I believe it came from too many TV programs and not enough scripture

Why do I think that? The main reason would be that scripture does not ever describe what they look like let alone an ability

to...ahem...cough...gag...shapeshift

However, those who confirm this opinion will no doubt staunchly defend it. :guns:

staunchly ... is that Texan for stinks :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Good idea, what are evil Spirits? Are they all in chains?

Are some oppressing Christians? Do they have an interest in keeping the unsaved saved? Can they keep the unsaved from being saved if God decrees for them to be saved?

Have they studied humans for a great many years?

Lastly, most difficult~ Are the fallen angels for certain? Or are they part of the Giant population issue.. you know what I mean????