1 hour ago, Cletus said:

whatever you do... do not buy a cz rifle.  if you do it wont be long until you have a whole bunch of them. 

my first cz was a 75.  sold all my other smith and wessons and even my colt 1911.  i got a p-10c, wish it was the p-10F.  i would like to sell the p-10c to get the F.  I really like the 75 Sp-01 phantom.  I also really like the 97BD (which has quite a few internal parts the same as a 75.)  I tried a few glocks out, and I really do not like them. I am not a fan of DAO trigger/striker fired.  to date the p-10 series is the only double action only trigger i like.  some say they are gritty, but mine was smooth and light.  my CID number is also 18... which is what is desired as previous numbers had some lemons.  look on the slide to see the CID number.   some of the p-10s are also made in america, so in my book those are not real CZs.  I tried shooting a p-07 but the grip is to short for me.  same with the p-01.  i took the +2 magazine extensions from the p-10c and put them on my p-09 so now i have all 17 round mags in .40 cal. 

if you translate the CZ-UB website they have a cz configurator.  you make your own cz pistol custom the way you like it.  they only do this in Czech Repub right now, but they have plans to expand worldwide. 

I am really moving away from handguns.  right now.  I am building a hog slayer right now.  aero precision upper and lower.  16" faxon 308 gunner profile.  fail zero bcg.  surefire warcomp 762.  midwest handguard.  CMC trigger 3.5lbs (made in texas) I timed it so i could utilize black friday sales for the more expensive parts.  in the end total spent should be about the same price as a decent ar15.  On this ar10 i will put night vision and it will be a dedicated night time hog rifle.  maybe some coyotes too. 

CZs multiply like rabbits?  My handguns certainly have.  I think all of mine have been made in the Czech Republic.  My Witness is Italian, of course.

The CZ P-19 and a Glock 43 are slated for my next trip to the range.  I've got a CZ 75 Compact that just fits my hand perfectly and a full size CZ 75B.  Both have been to the range with me and I was surprised how good I shot.  I don't ever remember shooting any of my handguns this well, except maybe my CZ 52 (7.62 x 25 mm).  All my other CZs are 9 mm, not by choice, but by availability.  I prefer the .40 S&W, but I'm okay with 9 mm.  I have a CZ 2075 RAMI BD as well as a Phantom.  Wish I had a Shadow 2.

A curious thing, I didn't expect my Witness magazines to fit my 75s, but they do.  Another weird thing, I found there was a lot more compatibility between manufacturers than I expected.  I am speaking specifically about Sigs.  Someday I'll compile a list.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace

On 12/3/2019 at 11:47 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

CZs multiply like rabbits?  My handguns certainly have.  I think all of mine have been made in the Czech Republic.  My Witness is Italian, of course.

The CZ P-19 and a Glock 43 are slated for my next trip to the range.  I've got a CZ 75 Compact that just fits my hand perfectly and a full size CZ 75B.  Both have been to the range with me and I was surprised how good I shot.  I don't ever remember shooting any of my handguns this well, except maybe my CZ 52 (7.62 x 25 mm).  All my other CZs are 9 mm, not by choice, but by availability.  I prefer the .40 S&W, but I'm okay with 9 mm.  I have a CZ 2075 RAMI BD as well as a Phantom.  Wish I had a Shadow 2.

A curious thing, I didn't expect my Witness magazines to fit my 75s, but they do.  Another weird thing, I found there was a lot more compatibility between manufacturers than I expected.  I am speaking specifically about Sigs.  Someday I'll compile a list.

baby eagle mags fit cz 75 platform too. 

i can make coke cans dance at 20-25 yards off the hip with my 75.  no sights. 

CZ has dropped manufacture of 40 cal.  if you want one its got to be used. 

handloads in 40 can actually get you up into 10mm power.  factory 40 is watered down. 

witness is made by tanfoglio and is a cz 75 clone.  so is the older baby eagles/Jericho, berettas, caniks,  KRISS makes some, Sphinx, Sarsilmaz makes/made? the Kilinc 2000, even colt made a pistol called the colt z40, somewhere in south africa cz licensed a company to make cz 75 clones, even north korea has the baek-du-san.  the cz 75 pistol is highly cloned/copied/modified globally.  this list here is not all of them either.   not all parts/magazines are compatible, but the fact the 75 is so highly cloned/copied says a lot about it. 

oh yeah... even Springfield made the p9.  and now that i think about it there is another company in the Czech republic that makes clones too.  they make the bruno.   Russia and China have clones.  China of course is norinco, and russia is SoRatnik.  A pistol out of england called the spitfire.  Another company out of switzerland called itm made both cz 75 clones and tanfoglio clones.  most folks dont realize the famous bren 10 or bren X made by Dornaus & Dixon  was a spin off of the cz 75.  BUL Transmark out of Israel made the storm 9mm.  so so so many.  some are  

edit i do not know why it put that link in my post 3 times.  i didnt even want it there once. 

Edited by Cletus
  • Thumbs Up 1

Compatability lists gleaned from hands on experience are always most welcome ;) 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/4/2019 at 6:43 PM, Cletus said:

baby eagle mags fit cz 75 platform too. 

And vice versa.  Mec-Gar magazines usually provide one more round per factory even though I think they are the manufacturers of CZ OEM magazines.  Both operate flawlessly.  I haven't tried my 9 mm Witness magazines in my CZs yet at the range, but they appear to fit and cycle properly.

i can make coke cans dance at 20-25 yards off the hip with my 75.  no sights. 

Impressive.

CZ has dropped manufacture of 40 cal.  if you want one its got to be used. 

I prefer .40 S&W to 9 mm, but the 40 has fallen out of favor.  No one seems to consider the improved bullet design of the 9 mm also applies to the .40 S&W.  The next handgun I'm looking for at the next gun show is a CZ PCR in 9 mm, or a Desert Eagle 1911 - .45 ACP made in Israel.  My 40s are Glocks, Sig Sauers and one EAA Witness.  If I could find a .40 CZ, I'd be interested.

handloads in 40 can actually get you up into 10mm power.  factory 40 is watered down. 

Blue Dot smokeless powder with a 135 grain hollowpoint bullet can achieve near .357 Magnum velocities at maximum safe loading pressure.  Of course, your brass won't last as long.

witness is made by tanfoglio and is a cz 75 clone.  so is the older baby eagles/Jericho, berettas, caniks,  KRISS makes some, Sphinx, Sarsilmaz makes/made? the Kilinc 2000, even colt made a pistol called the colt z40, somewhere in south africa cz licensed a company to make cz 75 clones, even north korea has the baek-du-san.  the cz 75 pistol is highly cloned/copied/modified globally.  this list here is not all of them either.   not all parts/magazines are compatible, but the fact the 75 is so highly cloned/copied says a lot about it. 

Tanfoglio are Jericho are clones I'm familiar with.  I won't buy a gun made in Turkey.

oh yeah... even Springfield made the p9.  and now that i think about it there is another company in the Czech republic that makes clones too.  they make the bruno.   Russia and China have clones.  China of course is norinco, and russia is  SoRatnik.  A pistol out of england called the spitfire.  Another company out of switzerland called itm made both cz 75 clones and tanfoglio clones.  most folks dont realize the famous bren 10 or bren X made by Dornaus & Dixon  was a spin off of the cz 75.  BUL Transmark out of Israel made the storm 9mm.  so so so many.  some are  

Kriss/Sphinx is made in Switzerland I think.  Sphinx made a licensed copy of the CZ 75 which means all magazines should be interchangeable.  I have a Norinco MAK 90 (AK 47) made in China, but no Tokarevs or 1911s.  Nothing from Russia although I tried buying a Makarov.

edit i do not know why it put that link in my post 3 times.  i didnt even want it there once. 

You're not being graded ... I hope I'm not!

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace

9 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

And vice versa.  Mec-Gar magazines usually provide one more round per factory even though I think they are the manufacturers of CZ OEM magazines.  Both operate flawlessly.  I haven't tried my 9 mm Witness magazines in my CZs yet at the range, but they appear to fit and cycle properly.

Impressive.

I prefer .40 S&W to 9 mm, but the 40 has fallen out of favor.  No one seems to consider the improved bullet design of the 9 mm also applies to the .40 S&W.  The next handgun I'm looking for at the next gun show is a CZ PCR in 9 mm, or a Desert Eagle 1911 - .45 ACP made in Israel.  My 40s are Glocks, Sig Sauers and one EAA Witness.  If I could find a .40 CZ, I'd be interested.

Blue Dot powder can achieve near .357 Magnum velocities at maximum safe loading pressure.  Of course, your brass won't last as long.

Tanfoglio are Jericho are clones I'm familiar with.  I won't buy a gun made in Turkey.

Kriss/Sphinx is made in Switzerland I think.  Sphinx made a licensed copy of the CZ 75 which means all magazines should be interchangeable.  I have a Norinco MAK 90 (AK 47) made in China, but no Tokarevs or 1911s.  Nothing from Russia although I tried buying a Makarov.

You're not being graded ... I hope I'm not!

I have an ak47 that is russian. SAR-1.  although its only "fully semi-automatic"  lol.  silly liberals. 

I had a baby eagle in 40.  it was sweet.  it did not posses CZ accuracy though. 

8 hours ago, Cletus said:

I have an ak47 that is russian. SAR-1.  although its only "fully semi-automatic"  lol.  silly liberals. 

I'd substitute another word for silly.

8 hours ago, Cletus said:

I had a baby eagle in 40.  it was sweet.  it did not posses CZ accuracy though. 

I'm surprised.  My CZ 75 Compact is quite accurate, but that's 9 mm.  I still like the.40 S&W for defense.  My carry gun is either a Glock 23 or Glock 27.