• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1976

I found this program to be very interesting

Yes it was. However, even if the Jews do "take" Mecca as Avi proclaims, accroding to the Shia Hadith's the Mahdi will destroy it:

القائم يهدم المسجد الحرام حتى يرده إلى أساسسه ومسجد الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم وإله إلى أساسه

بحار الأنوار 52/338 , الغيبة ص 282

“Al-Qaim (Shia’s Mahdi) will demolish Haram Mosque (in Mecca) down to its foundation and the Messenger’s Mosque (Prophet Mohammad’s s.a.w. Mosque in Medina) downto its foundation.” (Al-Majlisi, Bihar al-Anwar, vol. 52, p. 338, and Al-Tusi, Al-Ghaibah, p. 282)

… إذا قام المهدي هدم المسجد الحرام

الغيبة للطوسي ص282 , الإرشاد للمفيد ص411

“When Imam Mahdi rises up, he will demolish Al-Haram Mosque( in Mecca) …' (Al-Mufid, Al-Irshad. p. 411 and At-Tusi, Kitab al Ghaibah, p. 282)

أول ما يبدأ به يخرج هذين هل تدري أول ما يبدأ به القائم

ويكسر المسجد رطبين غضين فيحرقهما ويذريهما في الريح

بحار الأنوار 52/386

“Do you know what the Qa’im (Shia’s Mahdi) will start with? What he will start with is that he will dig up/out the graves of these two (Abu Bakr al-Siddiq r.a. and Umar bin al-Khattab r.a., Prophet Mohammad’s companions and successors as Caliphs) while they are still wet and fresh and burn/cremate them and throw them (their ashes) into the wind. And he will break/destroy the Mosque (meaning the holy Al-Haram Mosque of Mecca).” (Al-Majlisi, Bihar al-Anwar, Vol. 52, p. 386)

Could this be a reference to (Revelation 17:9, 18) "The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth." "And the woman which thou sawest is that great city"

Mecca, comprising of:

1.) Jabal abu Siba

2.) Jabal Safa

3.) Jabal Marwah

4.) Jabal abu Milhah

5.) Jabal abu Ma'aya

6.) Jabal abu Hulayah

7.) Jabal abu Ghuzlan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Why doesn't Lipkin just preach the everlasting Gospel of justification by Christ? That is our mission, that should be our passion, that is how the US attained e pluribus unum, that is what matters. All this other stuff is nonsense that the NT never said was important with any clarity in any of its self-organizing passages like Rom 3-4, Gal 3-4, Acts 13's sermon, 2 Cor 3-5. What a waste of time and energy.

--Inter

God told you to come and tell his children they are wasting their time with this? The body of Christ is just that, a body. It works together to fulfill the will of God. Every body part has a different function. The hands must bring the food to the mouth which houses it while the jaw and surrounding muscle tear it apart and grind it to bits and from there there is much more that happens.

There is a lot going on in the body of Christ and making sense of prophetic events is a worthy endavor for those who are called to do it. I am not one of those but I do benefit from reading these posts from time to time. If proclaiming the gospel is what you have been given as a task to do, then why are you hear badgering these guys about their task? Get out and proclaim the gospel.

With Love in Christ,

Gary

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Rev 1:1-3 - The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John who testifies to everytig he saw - that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

I say prophecy, or looking into prophecy makes us blessed.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

http://www.prophecyi...eos/tv-program/

Return to Mecca with Avi Lipkin

I found this program to be very interesting

What's even more interesting is that Prophecy in the News has changed the video to a Tom Horn program..... which is also interesting, but not what I had origionallly posted...

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

lame.gif

The first time the disciples brought all their "prophecy" questions to Jesus, he told them it was all happening shortly in the awful events of AD 66+.

The 2nd time they did (Acts 1) he said it is not for you to know, but you will recieve power to tell the Gospel to the nations.

That's the answer. Not for us to know. It is fascinating to me to have met DTS Dr. Walvoord personally at a Bible camp in Kitsap Co. WA, and ask him about Acts 1. He said "that cannot possibly be what it means." He reason had nothing to do with the plain meaning of Acts 1 or the mission or the power of the spirit. So he quickly left that text and context to talk about many other things.

One of the accomplishments of Messiah besides atonement, bringing justification, etc., in Dan. 9 was to seal up vision and prophecy. This is why. It is to be sealed up so that the job of saturating the world with grace is done. The pursuit of prophecy fulfillments is pretty much a waste of energy and talent, as my 40 years observing it have shown me.

No explanation of the grace of God in the Gospel has been a waste of energy and talent, to my knowledge. How much vivid detail about the day of God's judgement does a person need to be impacted by the fact of it to know and respect the solution offered in the Gospel?

Our hope is not being 'caught away;' our hope is being justified by his grace, says Romans 5, and that is past tense, so it is a hope that does not dissapoint. Lovely!

--Inter

LoL, a whole bunch of us don't think we're going to be caught away before the trib stuff, so your agrument there is senseless.

If you read what Jesus says about the end of times you will see that he gave them things that would happen, then interrupted what he was saying and told them that before those things the people there would suffer what happened shortly after Jesus asended.

As for the Acts chapter one, they had asked him not about his returning, but when he would restore the kingdom to Israel. Different questions that you are lumping all together and coming out with some badly twisted context combining things that don't go together.

But hey, if you don't want to bother to delve into these things for yourself then why bother me with your problems..... I don't understand.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39

To Cobalt,

yes certain things about preterism are good, but Christocentricity is what matters. Like Acts 13's sermon. The historic Gospel defines all else.

No one makes the sober warnings of Jesus' prophecy with telescoping tricks embedded. Everything said there was an at-hand warning about things happening shortly. No, God did not end the world after what happened there, but that is his business. The church today knows very little of the dynamics of 1st century Judaism and its messianics, its Judaizers, its zealots. We jump immediately to "us" "our times" etc.

I have no idea why Jesus remarks about misplaced prognosticative curiosity then would not apply to misplaced prognosticative curiosity today. Walvoord was simply in denial.

"Prophecy experts" have been saying they knew exactly what is going to happen for 40 years, sometimes for 40 books. About 10 years ago, they all said, oh we forgot all about Islam and rewrote everything.

Prophecy is seldom literal. There are 2500 allusions or quote of the OT by the NT and I have my research degree in this. The resurrection is the fulfillment of all promises to Israel, says the one 'live' sermon transcript on the subject from Paul in Acts 13. Follow that type of usage, and you will see what fulfillment means. Nothing futurist is ever said by Paul even when it would have saved his neck to do so, as in the situation of Acts 26's hearing. Why didn't he say 'hey brothers, don't forget, all this reverts back to Judaism in, say, 2 or 4000 years. Lighten up.'

No, human knowledge of prophecy does not provide the basis for justification from sins that Christ's righteousness does. That is a ridiculous claim. I have been raised in it and observed "prophecy experts" for years, and the very opposite is the case, to the alert observer. That's why these people get their noses jerked out of joint when a sequence is challenged. All their hope and trust was placed in a sequence, instead of Christ crucified, which is what prophecy meant to spotlight. So the panic, blame, insult, bite and devour, because they just lost their security, which was their knowledge.

--Inter

There is absolutely nothing good about preterism. It's 100% false and it's nothing but a dog and pony show.

If you don't understand telescoping prophecy, well, then preterism is an easy out. Totally without credibility, but an easy way out when studying what is yet unfulfilled is a bit too taxing. Making everything already fulfilled solves all those pesky problems!

Agree this is false teaching....

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39

By the way, on Islam, what is Lipkin's effort doing about the loss of freedom worldwide? I just heard a review of SILENCE; HOW APOSTASY AND BLASPHEMY CODES ARE CHOKING FREEDOM WORLDWIDE. No time for idle interests like prophecy.

--Inter

Inter,can you tell me in simple words what your statement of believe is?