jruner

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Sadly a christian friend and his wife came to me with concerns about a small group of christian's who are mixing wicca or something similar to it with bible studies and worship services. They are speaking in multiple conflicting tongues and ridiculing mourners (one teen mourner was told she had bad aura because of lack of faith as he best friend had died last week) all while stating nature will give them the peace and power to heal because they have dreamed it or been taught this by others. This does not seem to be Godly truth in anyway, but evil deception as it does not edify. This was witnessed by myself and my friends at different times and still continues to varying degrees and yes we all did lovingly object.

Thoughts?

Thank You,

John Runer

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

It does not surprise me. Last summer the Anglican church was having a New Age festival. Celebrating tarot cards, crystal healing, physic readings and other bogus junk. Apparently many people join a religion without the ability to read or think for themselves.

Sadly a christian friend and his wife came to me with concerns about a small group of christian's who are mixing wicca or something similar to it with bible studies and worship services.

Those aren't christians.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Hi John. Have you spoken to the pastor of the church about this? That would be my first step. I have a daughter that is Wicca and they do not have anything in common with Christianity. It sounds to me like they are creating this on the fly.

Hi John. Have you spoken to the pastor of the church about this? That would be my first step. I have a daughter that is Wicca and they do not have anything in common with Christianity. It sounds to me like they are creating this on the fly.

One lady is very close friends with the male pastor and her son is starting the youth group that my son wants to attend. The pastor's daughter is learning some wicca for "healing purposes." They talk about people needing to correct their auras?

Edited by jruner

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

One is very close friends the pastor and her son is starting the youth group that my son wants to attend. The pastors daughter is learning some wicca for "healing purposes." They talk about people needing to correct their auras?

It sounds like the one you are attending is a New Age Church, teaching another gospel. Simply put, you need another church. You also can start a prayer thread about the church you attended where Gods silent warriors will fight the battle with you.

We no longer go to this church as soon as my wife and I saw these new age ideas we left and fast! My friend and his wife left also after trying in vain to pray-fully and in person asking the congregation publicly to stick with the word of God. I need to correct my error above here also, the pastor is a he not a she, but new age is still very, very correct!

They are in my prayers.

Edited by jruner

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

2 Timothy 4:3

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2 Corinthians 11:4

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

You did good leaving that place.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

One lady is very close friends with the male pastor and her son is starting the youth group that my son wants to attend. The pastor's daughter is learning some wicca for "healing purposes." They talk about people needing to correct their auras?

Flee that church.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

I agree, steer clear of such people.