• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

Stumbled across this today. I'm both stunned by the utter disrespect of this action and amazed at the complete lack of understanding of why some would find it offensive.

American flag with President Obama's image sparks outrage at Florida Democrats

My favorite parts?

(Nancy) Hurlbert (chairwoman of the Lake County Democratic Party) said Tuesday's incident was the first time anyone had complained about the flag, which she received as a gift two months ago.

"It leads me to believe that it's not about the flag," she told FoxNews.com. "Certain elements cannot accept Barack Obama as president."

Hurlbert said she intends to contact an attorney regarding the matter and remained non-committal as to whether she'll fly the flag again.

"I won't say no and I won't say yes," she said. "We want to find out what our legal rights are."

Absolutely, Ms. Hurlbert, it's all about them not liking Obama and has nothing at all to do with the fact that it's simply WRONG to alter the flag in any way, much less in one this tasteless.

Jenn Meale, communications director for Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, referred FoxNews.com to state laws that pertain to the use of flags on public lands and property when asked for clarification as to whether Hurlbert could face any penalties.

Statute 256.05, which covers improper use of state or United States flag, or other symbol of authority, reads: "No person shall, in any manner, for exhibition or display:

"(1) Place or cause to be placed any word, figure, mark, picture, design, drawing or advertisement of any nature upon any flag, standard, color, ensign or shield of the United States or of this state, or authorized by any law of the United States or this state; or

"(2) Expose to public view any such flag, standard, color, ensign or shield upon which shall have been printed, painted or otherwise produced, or to which shall have been attached, appended, affixed or annexed any such word, figure, mark, picture, design, drawing or advertisement."

Seems the vets tried to tell her this by providing her with a copy of the federal flag code, but she doesn't seem to think that applies to images of Obama.

The worst part?

The flag is made in China.

Of course it is.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:blink: Serious???!!!

Lord God, help us!

Guest LadyC

i feel a little bit green at the gils.

the audacity! ugh, i have nothing but contempt for obama, but it has NOTHING to do with the color of his skin. it has to do with the fact that he and most of his fan club think that they are above the law. and can do whatever they wish without consequence.

there is ONE good thing to come out of obama's presidency. my daughter, a former marine who didn't have a lick of interest in anything political, certainly not about voting, changed her mind after he took office. she has sense decided that every vote counts, including hers, and she'll do her part to make sure that the military never again has to suffer under the reign of a commander in chief who doesn't have their backs.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Makes me think of China and other countries who plaster the face of their leaders on everything.

Gary

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

The sad thing is that it is legal as long as it is flown below the US flag. The idea of how it was constructed is sickening. Out of all the presidents, he is the last that I would pick to represent our nation or flag. As far as I am considered, he is not even a legal president.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Please will somebody tell me now why Obama isn't a disgrace to this country and the United States Constitution? Obama makes a mockery of what this country stands for, is disrespectful to the men and women that gave their lives for us. If I ever see one of them flags flying, I will gladly take it down and burn it, what a disgrace. :45:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

the audacity! ugh, i have nothing but contempt for obama, but it has NOTHING to do with the color of his skin. it has to do with the fact that he and most of his fan club think that they are above the law. and can do whatever they wish without consequence.

there is ONE good thing to come out of obama's presidency. my daughter, a former marine who didn't have a lick of interest in anything political, certainly not about voting, changed her mind after he took office. she has sense decided that every vote counts, including hers, and she'll do her part to make sure that the military never again has to suffer under the reign of a commander in chief who doesn't have their backs.

if i wasnt in the services i would post a blazing post but alas i cant. i have to watch what i say. i thought it was hard during clinton but man those days look glorious compared to these three years. im glad in a few i get the twenty letter.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

if i wasnt in the services i would post a blazing post but alas i cant. i have to watch what i say. i thought it was hard during clinton but man those days look glorious compared to these three years. im glad in a few i get the twenty letter.

Oh yeah, I remember them Clinton days and they were bad and filled with lies, remember "I did not inhale", "I didn't have sex with that women" and the liberals fell for it hook, line and sinker. It is the same with Obama, were just deeper in the cesspool.

Thank God I got my twenty year letter.

Guest LadyC

oldzimm and jason, the difference between clinton and obama is this:

clinon: i didn't inhale

obama (to a bunch of STUDENTS): haha, i won't say i didn't inhale, of COURSE i inhaled

clinton at least had the good sense (if you want to call it that) to realize he shouldn't brag about his garbage.