IGNORED

Did Jesus pay for ALL sin (past, present, and future sin)?

carlos123

Guest ninhao

However, the bond between Father, Son, and Holy Spirit can never be broken because there is no death for them. So, I think the word "separate" would be the wrong word to use.

Ok Selene I can live with that :) Would "different" be a more acceptable word?

I have heard a saying before " exactly the same but different" :D

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit has always been one and never separate. Distinct but definitely not separate. In the same way, Husbands and wives are distinct from each other in that the husband is the head of the house and the wife is not, but they are one. The Bible never says that the husband and wife is separate, but there is a distinction. A distinction is not a separation. I hope that helps in explaining it more....

Ok. Father Son and Holy spirit are all God yes. The comparison to husband and wife is still a little sketchy though. A husband and wife perform different and independent things while being in unison. They are in each other's presence in essence but not always physically.

I suppose I get you, but I still can't apply that the Father died on the cross this seems specifically related to Jesus. This doesn't line up with what actually happened nor with any analogies I can find in the bible. For instance Abraham offering Isaac on the alter, but God instead providing the sacrifice etc....

We can say God the Son died, but we can't say the Father or the Holy Spirit died. If we die that doesn't mean the Holy Spirit , Jesus , or even the Father in us dies....

.... the bond between Father, Son, and Holy Spirit can never be broken because there is no death for them. So, I think the word "separate" would be the wrong word to use....

Totally Synced

And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up. Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels. When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels. Ezekiel 1:19-21

See

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. John 17:21-23

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

There are many things not recorded in the Holy Bible. We know, for example, that after He ascended into Heaven, Christ raised the dead through the Apostle Peter in Acts 9:40, but there was no record of Christ giving that authority to Peter or any of the Apostles to do miracles. After His resurrection, Christ told His Apostles to baptize all nations, preach the Gospel to all nations, and to forgive sins or retain sins. There was no mention of any authority to perform miracles such as raising the dead given. John explains the reason for the absent in scripture best:

John 20:25 There are also many other things that Jesus did, but if these were to be described individually, I do not think the whole world would contain the books that would be written.

We do read of when Jesus spoke in Acts 1:4-8

And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.

Through the power brought by the Holy Spirit does one accomplish such works, as you say.

And when they did receive the Holy Spirit, the power they received was the "speaking of tongues." No mention of performing miracles such as raising the dead.

That is an assumption because speaking in tongues is what He had them do as a witness to others that the Holy Spirit has come upon them. Consider it in introduction to His arrival, is you wish, but tongues was not all they received. Speaking in tongues is, in fact, a miracle in itself, do you agree?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

This thread is closed for review.