IGNORED

Did Jesus pay for ALL sin (past, present, and future sin)?

carlos123

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

What I am hearing from some Christians is that "Jesus paid for all sins, unrepentant and repentant alike, past, present and future. I actually know Christians professing this. I don't read anywhere in the bible that unrepentant sin is forgiven.

He paid for them all with His death and resurrection, but they are not applied to the sin until true repentance is sought and applied. Those who believe in Universalism believe that everyone will be forgiven despite what they seek or who they follow. This is false teaching and should be avoided at all cost.

Actually, I know Christians who believe that once we become a believer, get baptized, and acknowledge what Christ did for us then unrepentant sin and repentant sin are irrelevant. It's covered... they don't believe everyone is saved just those who believe. I am in no position to say whether or not they are on their way to hell, but I do believe they have been deceived.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

What I am hearing from some Christians is that "Jesus paid for all sins, unrepentant and repentant alike, past, present and future. I actually know Christians professing this. I don't read anywhere in the bible that unrepentant sin is forgiven.

He paid for them all with His death and resurrection, but they are not applied to the sin until true repentance is sought and applied. Those who believe in Universalism believe that everyone will be forgiven despite what they seek or who they follow. This is false teaching and should be avoided at all cost.

Actually, I know Christians who believe that once we become a believer, get baptized, and acknowledge what Christ did for us then unrepentant sin and repentant sin are irrelevant. It's covered... they don't believe everyone is saved just those who believe. I am in no position to say whether or not they are on their way to hell, but I do believe they have been deceived.

Heb 10:14-18 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified. 15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before, 16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” 17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” 18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

All sins of the believer are forgiven in the one sacrifice of Christ and there is therefore now no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus. What He started He will finish and He is the author and finisher of our faith(Heb 12:2) He makes the sinner into a saints(one set apart and make holy in Himself) and puts into their hearts to do His will, Phil 2:13 it is God working in you to will and to do of His good pleasure. He has determined to transform all that receive Christ that He will make them like His dear Son and in His sight all saints are glorified in Christ before the foundation of the world(Rom 8:28-30 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Yes, that is another false doctrine. Those who believe this also believe they can live the life to their fullest, sin as much as their flesh desires, and still remain saved. Nobody knows the heart of another, but we can see who they belong to by their fruit.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Heb 10:14-18 For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified. 15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before, 16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” 17 then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” 18 Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

All sins of the believer are forgiven in the one sacrifice of Christ and there is therefore now no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus. What He started He will finish and He is the author and finisher of our faith(Heb 12:2) He makes the sinner into a saints(one set apart and make holy in Himself) and puts into their hearts to do His will, Phil 2:13 it is God working in you to will and to do of His good pleasure. He has determined to transform all that receive Christ that He will make them like His dear Son and in His sight all saints are glorified in Christ before the foundation of the world(Rom 8:28-30 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

Romans 8:1 puts it best.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

The key is "those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit". Those who walk according to their flesh do have condemnation and need to repent. Those who walk according to His Spirit would never want to sin.

Yeah this is what I don't want to get into... a battle of verses, as though the verse you post trump the ones I post. However, for the sake of making a point;

Now I will address Hebrews 10:17... are you trying to tell me that this verse, which is really talking about having our sins wiped clean at the cross, is trumping the following verses?

Heb 6:4-8 NASB For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, (5) and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, (6) and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame. (7) For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God; (8) but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.

(Heb 10:26 NASB) For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

(Heb 10:27 NASB) but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES.

(Heb 10:38 NASB) BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH; AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM.

Luk 12:47-48 NASB "And that slave who knew his master's will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes, (48) but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.

Gal 5:19-21 NASB Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, (20) idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, (21) envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1Th 4:7-8 NASB For God has not called us for the purpose of impurity, but in sanctification. (8) So, he who rejects this is not rejecting man but the God who gives His Holy Spirit to you.

1Pe 1:14-15 NASB As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, (15) but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;

2Pe 2:20-22 NASB For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. (21) For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment handed on to them. (22) It has happened to them according to the true proverb, "A DOG RETURNS TO ITS OWN VOMIT," and, "A sow, after washing, returns to wallowing in the mire."

On and on, I can find many verses that would appear to contradict the way you're interpreting the verse you posted... however, I think we both know that these verses don't contradict one another, but should compliment one another.. to get the whole meaning.

Yes, that is another false doctrine. Those who believe this also believe they can live the life to their fullest, sin as much as their flesh desires, and still remain saved. Nobody knows the heart of another, but we can see who they belong to by their fruit.

Amen OneLight... I've come to the conclusion that the reason that they have been deceived is because some point along their walk, they decided that they loved the things of world... whether it's the lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes or the pride of life.... so they decided they wanted the best of both worlds... and then form scripture around this sin.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

...you will not walk away:

Jeremiah 32:40 (NASB95)

40 “I will make an everlasting covenant with them that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; and I will put the fear of Me in their hearts so that they will not turn away from Me.

interesting verse. God has done this for me. Praise his name. The fear of the Lord is clean. I love it.

Yeah this is what I don't want to get into... a battle of verses, as though the verse you post trump the ones I post. However, for the sake of making a point;

Now I will address Hebrews 10:17... are you trying to tell me that this verse, which is really talking about having our sins wiped clean at the cross, is trumping the following verses?

Heb 6:4-8 NASB For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, (5) and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, (6) and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame. (7) For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God; (8) but if it yields thorns and thistles, it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.

(Heb 10:26 NASB) For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

(Heb 10:27 NASB) but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES.

(Heb 10:38 NASB) BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH; AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM.

Luk 12:47-48 NASB "And that slave who knew his master's will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes, (48) but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.

Gal 5:19-21 NASB Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, (20) idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, (21) envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1Th 4:7-8 NASB For God has not called us for the purpose of impurity, but in sanctification. (8) So, he who rejects this is not rejecting man but the God who gives His Holy Spirit to you.

1Pe 1:14-15 NASB As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, (15) but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;

2Pe 2:20-22 NASB For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. (21) For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment handed on to them. (22) It has happened to them according to the true proverb, "A DOG RETURNS TO ITS OWN VOMIT," and, "A sow, after washing, returns to wallowing in the mire."

On and on, I can find many verses that would appear to contradict the way you're interpreting the verse you posted... however, I think we both know that these verses don't contradict one another, but should compliment one another.. to get the whole meaning.

Actually I only posted the passage from Heb 10 and I let it mean what it actually says. You are the one that says I twisted it. God had it written to mean what He means, everyone doesn't believe what He wrote. I will stick with His words.

Romans 8:1 puts it best.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

The key is "those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit". Those who walk according to their flesh do have condemnation and need to repent. Those who walk according to His Spirit would never want to sin.

I would agree with that conclusion. God is not fooled by false professions and seals only those whose sins are forgiven in Christ and who will endure to the end. The OP is does He forgive all their sins. As you say those being led by the Spirit are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Edited by allofgrace

Anyway, I am just pointing out, that from the provided scriptures we know that it is possible to fall away from the Truth, once coming to the Knowledge of it... and it is also possible to not be forgiven if one doesn't repent. Present and future sins forgiveness are conditional.