• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

First off, any parent who says their kid hasnt thrown a temper tantruum ofsone sort is lying, they are to a point normal. Good parents,like mine curbed them so they didnt reach this extreme, but many parents dont. Could this child have some sort of mental issue? Certainly, but the article didnt indicate any history of such, and the police were called, and they followeds mental procedure. If the child has mental issues, then why didnt the parents notice before and have her checked out so the school knew what they were dealing with and how to deal with it. Maybe they didnt know-which means neither did the school so they made the call with the information they had available. From what I see the child wasnt abused-merely handcuffed for safety brought to the squad room and then uncuffed and given a soda once she calmed down. Right now, the best thing to do is have her checked out for any such mental disease and investigate the parents to ensure it isnt neglect and then take steps to prevent it from happening again. But I cant see as anyone at the school or pd doing anything wrong given the circumstances.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

First off, any parent who says their kid hasnt thrown a temper tantruum ofsone sort is lying, they are to a point normal. Good parents,like mine curbed them so they didnt reach this extreme, but many parents dont. Could this child have some sort of mental issue? Certainly, but the article didnt indicate any history of such, and the police were called, and they followeds mental procedure. If the child has mental issues, then why didnt the parents notice before and have her checked out so the school knew what they were dealing with and how to deal with it. Maybe they didnt know-which means neither did the school so they made the call with the information they had available. From what I see the child wasnt abused-merely handcuffed for safety brought to the squad room and then uncuffed and given a soda once she calmed down. Right now, the best thing to do is have her checked out for any such mental disease and investigate the parents to ensure it isnt neglect and then take steps to prevent it from happening again. But I cant see as anyone at the school or pd doing anything wrong given the circumstances.

No arguments there Patriot save the handcuffing.....

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The brat got what she deserved. Social services should also be investigating the home since the parents are protesting the "bad" treatment of their child. I'm sure that this is not the first time that this child has thrown a tantrum as violent as this one. Do the parents permit such behavior in their home? One can only imagine until the home is investigated. I know, that's pretty harsh for me to say, but when are we as a nation going to accept responsibility for our and our children's actions. NEVER!! It's too late in our GODless society.

Got what she deserved huh? The kid is 6, not 10, not 14, not and adult. Common sense is severly lacking in our world today. Pretty soon when a baby bites someone they are gonna be charged with assault. While I do think the parents should accept some responsibility because it has been reported that she does have these type of outburst at home, she should not have been subjected to looking like a criminal. Once again she is 6, we don't know what issues this little child had. To say she deserved it though is ridiclious. No 6 year old child deserves to be put in handcuffs, and I have seen some bad 6 year olds.

I know six year olds that have tried to push their teachers down flights of stairs because they were upset at the teacher...... I've been told of six year olds that it took three or four grown men to take down and hold them on the floor so that they didn't hurt themselves or someone. My wife has had them pick chairs up and throw at her during the first few days of school till she's had a chance to let them know they can't do things in class that their parents let them do at home....

Six year olds can be just as evil as an 18 or 60 year olds; and when they have a chair or scissors or sharp pencils in their hand they are as dangerous as any criminal to those around them.......

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

From the aritcle:

, Salecia was accused of tearing items off the walls and throwing books and toys in an outburst Friday at Creekside Elementary in Milledgeville, a city of about 18,000, some 90 miles from Atlanta, police said. Authorities said she also threw a small shelf that struck the principal in the leg, and jumped on a paper shredder and tried to break a glass frame.

I tell you that is not just being a kid.....

If the girl has underlying probems the article doesn't mention them....... I will tell you that when I read this article to my wife her response was, "Welcome to my world." This behavior is not unique and if the kids are not taught they can't behave this way, they will never fit into society and they will be trouble thier whole lives........ so let them know what they face....... handcuff them and take them to jail........ if the parents don't like it, everythime the kid acts up go get the parents too. until someone makes it their problem nothing will change at home and the kid will be doomed from the start.

If I were making a guess, I'd guess the parents probably have the same problem.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Why didn't the Principal of that school call the parents to have them, pick up the child from school ?

That is what most schools do anyway when a child does wrong at school. Not call the Law on a 6 year old.

Because the Principal got hit on the leg ? He called the Law.

With the adults there, and the Law ...what were they afraid of ? They were all taller in size. Awe come on now.

They could have held her in a hug position til she would have calmed down, til the parents got there ...instead of going to the extreme of

hand cuffing the child and taking her to jail.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

The Law should not have hand cuffed the child.

In the first place, the school should have called an ambulance to take her to the emergency room .

The Law, should have not hand cuffed the child , instead of taking her to jail ...

they should have taken her to an emergency room.

She had some kind of fit....and maybe something physically wrong with the child.

Which would still involve the police. Medical personnel do not work with combative unrestrained patients for their own safety.

School systems have quite a problem...they really can't do anything (so little discipline allowed), and Parents are lacking severely. When teachers or the principal call parents...they rarely get a response. Parents don't want to be parents, and teachers had everything they could do taken away. I still say dismantle the public school system. Brainwash them and sort them for employment elsewhere.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

The Law should not have hand cuffed the child.

In the first place, the school should have called an ambulance to take her to the emergency room .

The Law, should have not hand cuffed the child , instead of taking her to jail ...

they should have taken her to an emergency room.

She had some kind of fit....and maybe something physically wrong with the child.

Which would still involve the police. Medical personnel do not work with combative unrestrained patients for their own safety.

School systems have quite a problem...they really can't do anything (so little discipline allowed), and Parents are lacking severely. When teachers or the principal call parents...they rarely get a response. Parents don't want to be parents, and teachers had everything they could do taken away. I still say dismantle the public school system. Brainwash them and sort them for employment elsewhere.

Knowingly , in such a case the Principal , if could not reach a parent ...there on every students' record is another phone number to contact the nearest relative .

Please read my other post . There are ways to deal with an uncontrollable student , with all those adults around. What they did was not necessary toward a 6 year old child.

ColleenLovesMischief.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

They could have held her in a hug position til she would have calmed down,

Bet you ten to one they would have gotten in trouble for that, too. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

They could have held her in a hug position til she would have calmed down,

Bet you ten to one they would have gotten in trouble for that, too. :rolleyes:

I was going to say the same thing. Assault, child molestation, etc. I guess the principal was thinking about that when he called the police....

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.90
  • Days Won:  33

Have we missed the fact that the situation at public schools justifies an extreme response (and yes, it was extreme) because the children themselves have become extreme? Since when is it NOT OK to protect yourself against that kind of tantrum? As a parent, I hope the police scared the living daylights into the child, made them bawl their eyes out, and tremble in fear. Otherwise, how is the child EVER going to learn respect? And if the parents of this child don't like it, maybe they should do the parenting instead of forcing schools to do it... whistling.gif