IGNORED

6 year old handcuffed. . .

The_Patriot21

So America is cuffing their school students as young as six?

Wake up.

This bratty behaviour happens 24/7 at most schools whether you like it or not and cuffing any student unless lives are in complete danger is not the answer.

Thanks to lack of parental care/discipline and the absolute trash on TV which portrays bratty, backchatting kids/teens/violence so on and so forth - what does Western society expect? ...as well as the garbage junk food that we shovel into our kids nmouths and wonder why their behaviour is a tad strange? Combine all of the above and you have a little walking time bomb...given half a chance, they WILL explode.

We did this and now we are copping the consequences through the acts and behaviours of kids who copy what they see/hear - whether be it in the home or on the idiot box.

For every kid I've seen at school that throws desks, wood, or extreme hissy fits like this kid, then most of the school would be in kiddy jail - imagine how many parents would be pulling out their kids from school if we started cuffing every temper tanty that a kid throws per school day - there would be home schooling going on by the millions.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I doubt millions would rush to homeschool.

1. It takes dedication to WORK to homeschool a kid. I did that in the summers with my daughter inbetween the school year. Not all parents will have the drive to homeschool. They'd rather let the teachers do that.

2. Many Parents have to work for variety of reasons so they might not be likely to give that up.

I think at this point, there are enough parents who are more than satisfied to let the public school system teach their kids. Homeschooling would be a bit overwhelming for some/many. There are problems in school that doesn't prevent the parents from sending their kids there.

Edited by Cajunluvie

1. It takes dedication to WORK to homeschool a kid. I did that in the summers with my daughter inbetween the school year. Not all parents will have the drive to homeschool. They'd rather let the teachers do that.

2. Many Parents have to work for variety of reasons so they might not be likely to give that up.

I think at this point, there are enough parents who are more than satisfied to let the public school system teach their kids. Homeschooling would be a bit overwhelming for some/many. There are problems in school that doesn't prevent the parents from sending their kids there.

I'll re-word.

Parents would be pulling their children out of school if the norm was cuffing students...the only problem with that is, schools would be empty because like I said before, this kids behaviour is unfortunately the norm - most parents don't know that because they don't see what happens during the school day.

Sad but true, extreme temper spats are becoming all too frequent.

The US is not alone in this problem - it's a Western sickness.

Edited by HGirl

Got what she deserved huh? The kid is 6, not 10, not 14, not and adult. Common sense is severly lacking in our world today. Pretty soon when a baby bites someone they are gonna be charged with assault. While I do think the parents should accept some responsibility because it has been reported that she does have these type of outburst at home, she should not have been subjected to looking like a criminal. Once again she is 6, we don't know what issues this little child had. To say she deserved it though is ridiclious. No 6 year old child deserves to be put in handcuffs, and I have seen some bad 6 year olds.

Under the circumstances, yes, she deserved what she got. If it was my kid, well, they would not act that way and if they did, I would let them experience the consequences of their action. You remember what consequences are don't you? A famous preacher says: "You reap what you sow, later than you sow, and more than you sow."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I'll re-word.

Parents would be pulling their children out of school if the norm was cuffing students...the only problem with that is, schools would be empty because like I said before, this kids behaviour is unfortunately the norm - most parents don't know that because they don't see what happens during the school day.

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'll re-word.

sickness???? temper spats are common for two year olds, but if they are dealt with they stop long before six. and those that dont have to be dealt with becuse whatever the case, the kid can not keep that activity up and have any chance to be part of society......

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

parents that let the child behavior escalate to this point would not keep the kids at home , they are happy for the hours that the child is not home.

I'll re-word.

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

These acts aren't uncommon in the UK, US and Aus - I'd say NZ also cops this behaviour at schools as well.

I work at a school and this is everyday behaviour unfortunately throughout all year levels.

Cuffing a student (especially a six year old) just seems so extreme though.

It would be an outrage in Australia if that happened.

Edited by HGirl

I'll re-word.

sickness???? temper spats are common for two year olds, but if they are dealt with they stop long before six. and those that dont have to be dealt with becuse whatever the case, the kid can not keep that activity up and have any chance to be part of society......

Sickness was a flowery word to mean this is not an isolated problem but has spread (like a sickness)...

I know of strict parents at home who have little terrors at school.

There are some parents who are at their wits end because the child behaves differently at school.

Spend a day at a school in ALL year levels both at primary and high school and you will see that the behaviour is not good as gold and that even kids from pristine backgrounds can display the most piggish/brattish behaviours.

I have worked at both secular and Christian schools and the behaviour did not differ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'll re-word.

Sickness was a flowery word to mean this is not an isolated problem but has spread (like a sickness)...

I know of strict parents at home who have little terrors at school.

There are some parents who are at their wits end because the child behaves differently at school.

Spend a day at a school in ALL year levels both at primary and high school and you will see that the behaviour is not good as gold and that even kids from pristine backgrounds can display the most piggish/brattish behaviours.

I have worked at both secular and Christian schools and the behaviour did not differ.

My wife just retired as a kindergarten teacher after 20+ years and when I showed her this story she said good for them.

She's had kids like this in her class occasionally and they deal harshly with them when they do.... this kind of action by a kid is not toleratible...... period. And the kid and the parents have to understand and do something about it. Schools are not the pace to fix this kind of problem.