Fez

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Excessively.:thumbsup::whistling: Of course, I most likely deserved it. :emot-handshake::laugh:

:P So did I.....but I've always been a fast runner!

Running and hiding only made it worse.:taped::P

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

My dad only spanked me three times that I can remember...... they were not very hard, but they broke my heart.

Mom woud just look at me and cry...... I was crushed beyond all when she gave me that look and the tears would stream out of her eyes and you knew she was so disappointed in you that she couldn't stand it...... that hurt me much more than anything she could have done physically.

Grandma had switches that woud sting like the dickens, but you had to be directly rebellous to get them.

We had more of a Beaver Cleaver family growing up, and I am so thankful for that. My biological father died just before I was born and mom got married again when I was 5...... and my setp dad was one of those special beings that God gives to young people.

BTW Fez, school was not that way.... I got swats al through my first 12 years of schooling.

When we were in the 8th grade, our principle taught the math class, and we had to memoreze multiplecation and division tables and do some serious fraction work on the board. When we missed an answer we got a swat on the rear end. It was not pleasont, but it did cause us to know our tabes up through 12, and by the first week, we all got very good at fractions. I never heard of a single parent that complained.

As I remember when I asked Dad if that was fair, I believe he just asked me if I needed help learning.

We had very strict safety rules in our woodworking shop classes and any violation of those rules got you two extremely hard swats that would bring tears to your eyes, and it was done in front of the whole class as an example. I never experienced this, but saw some tough kids drop a tear or two. The alliterative was to be booted out of class for the year.

The principal hit you if you got an answer wrong???? Did you go to school in Japan or something???? That's awful! :o

My Dad got the snot smacked outta him in Catholic school because his name was Jack and not John, so he refused to write John on the paper for his name. Of course there is no Saint Jack so crack, punch to the mouth.:blink: This was in the mid forties.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/20/1946

Excessively.:thumbsup::whistling: Of course, I most likely deserved it. :emot-handshake::laugh:

:P So did I.....but I've always been a fast runner!

Running and hiding only made it worse.:taped::P

running got us a double dose. That was something you did not do.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/20/1946

My dad only spanked me three times that I can remember...... they were not very hard, but they broke my heart.

Mom woud just look at me and cry...... I was crushed beyond all when she gave me that look and the tears would stream out of her eyes and you knew she was so disappointed in you that she couldn't stand it...... that hurt me much more than anything she could have done physically.

Grandma had switches that woud sting like the dickens, but you had to be directly rebellous to get them.

We had more of a Beaver Cleaver family growing up, and I am so thankful for that. My biological father died just before I was born and mom got married again when I was 5...... and my setp dad was one of those special beings that God gives to young people.

BTW Fez, school was not that way.... I got swats al through my first 12 years of schooling.

When we were in the 8th grade, our principle taught the math class, and we had to memoreze multiplecation and division tables and do some serious fraction work on the board. When we missed an answer we got a swat on the rear end. It was not pleasont, but it did cause us to know our tabes up through 12, and by the first week, we all got very good at fractions. I never heard of a single parent that complained.

As I remember when I asked Dad if that was fair, I believe he just asked me if I needed help learning.

We had very strict safety rules in our woodworking shop classes and any violation of those rules got you two extremely hard swats that would bring tears to your eyes, and it was done in front of the whole class as an example. I never experienced this, but saw some tough kids drop a tear or two. The alliterative was to be booted out of class for the year.

When I was in the second grade, I refused to memorize the two's. I was taken into the closet and laid over the teacher's lap and given a swat. The swat didn't hurt that bad, but I was humilated because all the students knew I got a swat. Some teachers took students into the hall, but left the door open, so you could hear the swats and the kid crying. That was a bigger deterent than the swats were. I just retired as a teacher and I have had to wittness several spankings in both the principal and the super's office. The kids actually swaggered back into the classroom, swats(3) forgotten. No one knew of the swats, no incentive to behave in the whole ordeal. My dad would give us a spanking, if we got one at school. Cussing a teacher would have been a death sentence!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  348
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

I use to get it with a weeping willow branch., horrible things how they would wrap around you. I can get sympathy pains today just thinking about it. I guess I never spanked my children enough, it wasn't ever an easy thing fro me to do.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I also got swats my first twelve years of school, then I went to second grade. :24: You maybe a redneck if............. :24:

Now to be serious, I was never abused as a kid, but I got lichens by wooden spoons, belts, hair brushes and anything else that was in the proximity. There was never a lichen I didn't deserve. (I know that is hard to believe, but it is true) :laugh:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

My parents hit us far far too hard, and didn't bother to find out "who did it" before they started swinging. Was not fair!

• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

The principal hit you if you got an answer wrong???? Did you go to school in Japan or something???? That's awful! :o

My Dad got the snot smacked outta him in Catholic school because his name was Jack and not John, so he refused to write John on the paper for his name. Of course there is no Saint Jack so crack, punch to the mouth.:blink: This was in the mid forties.

My Mom got it in the 50's and 60's in a Catholic school as well. She refused to go by Mary (her first name), and went by Jackie (what she has been called since birth).

I was paddled a few times in school, and got it twice as bad when I would get home. My Dad was a coal miner and had a metal studded belt for work. I only met that once. (I am 34 by the way)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

My parents hit us far far too hard, and didn't bother to find out "who did it" before they started swinging. Was not fair!

Fess up, was you every time was it not. Stop whining :laugh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I also got swats my first twelve years of school, then I went to second grade. :24: You maybe a redneck if............. :24:

Now to be serious, I was never abused as a kid, but I got lichens by wooden spoons, belts, hair brushes and anything else that was in the proximity. There was never a lichen I didn't deserve. (I know that is hard to believe, but it is true) :laugh:

I actually got two swats during my senior year from a study hall teacher....... reason..... well, that's something that wil just have to tke whty us to the grave.

btw, I really don't think the things we suffered through in school was abuse. We knew the rules and I was never swatted that I can remember that I didn't know up front was a no no...... well except that eighth grade math class. I used to be really bad about drumming my fingers on the table while i was in deep thought...... Mr. Brown was realy irriated with the noise so he would sneak up on me and whack me on the muscle part of my sholder with the slat out of the back of a chair....... LoL it didn't hurt, but it made this really loud noise and would give me a real start. I was so dense that it took me two weeks to realize why he was wacking me... LoL

I didn't drum my fingers any more by the end of that year.

I love this thread..... such memories over being wacked around.... life was soooo good in the 50's and 60's