• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1986

How did you find Jesus if you were not raised Christian (or found him if you've questioned your faith)? I was going through a faith crisis back in 2010. See, I was going through a rough time and felt as though God was trying to tell me something. Like he was calling to me and I didn't know how to answer. I'm a Jew so first I looked into Islam because it was seemingly similar to Judaism but after reading the Quran, I felt like "This is not how God is." Then I looked into Christianity and Messianic Judaism. A Messianic rabbi pointed to verses in the OT and well, who else could this savior have been but Jesus? Then came my true test of faith. My grandpa nearly died from health complications. I got on my knees and called out to Jesus, fully accepting him into my heart. And you know what, my grandpa turned out to be alright. Since then I identify myself as a Jew who believes in Christ.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/11/1986

bump

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

The link to my testimony is in my sig line. It is how I came to Christ.

I read your post earlier today and marveled about how you came to Him. I wondered why you are listed as a seeker. Perhaps you can share more of what Jesus means to you? Who do you see Him as?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  29

Greetings,

As a child I grew up in a Christian household..went to church..on mid~week and Sundays. So I've always knew "of Him"..but had never received Him in my heart.

Later in life..

I was going through a very trying period. One night.. I awaken screaming..Lord have mercy..over and over again. I was totally surprised..that my screams did not awaken my husband or children (that's the supernatural way God works sometimes)..a still small voice..whispered..pray. I responded..pray? I don't know how. But obediently..I went into my bathroom and began to say..over and over..Lord have mercy. As I kneel there..I began to feel as if someone..was slowly and gently..trying to get close enough to hold me. I had no understanding..about the Presence of the Lord..so it frightened me..and I ran back to bed..and covered my head.

The next day..I decided to check into a hospital..that deals with depression and other mental illnesses. I was at a breaking point..and really didn't care if they threw away the key. The appointment was to take place on a Wednesday. Tuesday evening a woman..who was a long time family friend of my husband came by. I disliked this woman..but always has been one who..never allow my dislikes to affect how I treat people. When she realized my husband..wasn't home..she asked to see me.

The moment I walked into that room..I could tell something had happened to her. She glowed (unbeknown to me) with the glory of God upon her. She requested to witness to what God had done. I listened..but because of things..I had seen other Christians do..rejected to accept Him. She invited me to go to mid~week church..I agreed.

When I entered that church foyer..I felt the same Presence as the night on my knees. I was ready to run..but convince myself..it was a mind thing. As the message was being preached..I became uneasy..because..it felt as if the pastor..knew all about me. Conviction took over..but at the request of coming to the front and accepting Jesus.. I didn't move..just stood as the others..at the pews. As the people filled the front..the pastor began to pray..I knew I was suppose to be up there. I became so uneasy..because..I felt I was floating..where all would see..that I was a sinner..who had refused to accept Christ. This became so consuming..that I gently kicked my heels off. I said within my heart..Lord if You will give me another chance..I will accept You as my Personal Savior. As those words was released..the pastor suddenly stopped praying..and said..wait a minute..there's one more person..that should be up here..if it's you..come now.

I stepped out..and that evening..I was born again.

Blessings

• 2 weeks later...
Guest godscreation3

When I was younger I met a young girl down the street from me and we instantly became friends, shortly after that she had asked me to go to church with her and at this time I was about 6 or 7 years old. I had been to church before but neer understood it because i was young but i alays prayed to God and had total faith in him because I knew when i prayed, someone was listening and i just got this huge weight lifted off my shoulders when i talked to him. A few years went by and I attended mission trips and really really enjoyed it. As I got older I started realizing that I needed to put my whole live dedicated to the lord because in the end I was answering to him, not anybody else. In the end I will face him alone and answer to him alone. I have surrounded myself with people who have totally different beliefs than me which put a lot of stress onto my life, but I have always looked to God for guidance and he has always provided for me and given me the strong heart that I have and the urge to want to serve him more and more everyday. I went through a really bad relationship a few years ago that ledme down so many wrong paths but one day I prayed to take the person out of my life because I then realized what I was doing what not pleasing to the lord and just a few short months later the lord gave me the courage to let go and move on with my life to the person i am now with who also has given his life to the lord. Its such an overwhelming feeling that I think about daily.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

being helpless. That's what rought me back home. Yea I grew up in church. But when I finnally reached a place where I couldn't help my self I hadd to go back to the only person I knew who coyld save me.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

being helpless. That's what rought me back home. Yea I grew up in church. But when I finnally reached a place where I couldn't help my self I hadd to go back to the only person I knew who coyld save me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  856
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/22/1997

What brought me to Christ? Coming to a point where I realized that I was making stupid choices, being a brat, and hurting my parents by not obeying (respecting parents and obeying being in the bible, which I had grown up with). Once I realized that I was going no where, I made some choices. I read the Bible because I was stuck in my room with nothing to do and contemplating my self-destruction. I read Proverbs, mostly, and I started realizing how much truth was in that 2-inch thick book that Mom wanted me to read every morning. Once I started realizing that that boring collection of stories and sayings actually meant something, it came alive, and I started applying it to my life... and it worked.

So what brought me to Christ was doing stuff wrong and struggling, and being pushed and pulled and shoved until I had nothing left but the book that gathered dust on my shelf. If I was going to give one piece of advise to anyone, it would be to do what you're supposed to, do it right, and do it happily.