pentacostalman777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Do you speak in tongues Eagle? Those who do, are usually quick to say that they do

I have not read every single word you posted so I may have missed it if you did say that you do

Do you? I think whether one does or not has a very direct bearing on how they 'read' those scriptures

For the most part, I agree with what you posted

I'll wait for your answer before I post scriptures...a little short on time right now...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Sevenseas, "...A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven." John 3:25 so, fret not whom God hast not given tongues to. Tongues is not a badge of super spiritually or an exclusive group.

​Those who have not the gift of speaking a language they have not learned, should be frightened to call a gift of the Spirit jibber-jabber, they know not of which they speak. They do not know of the "rest" that speaking in tongues bring.

I judge not anyone, I speak according to what I have experienced and it has been a blessing, am I sanctified, no, am I an example of Christian living, no.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Thanks (sincerely)...I'm not fretting...I got over that one a long time ago. :)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Do you speak in tongues Eagle? Those who do, are usually quick to say that they do

I have not read every single word you posted so I may have missed it if you did say that you do

Do you? I think whether one does or not has a very direct bearing on how they 'read' those scriptures

For the most part, I agree with what you posted

I'll wait for your answer before I post scriptures...a little short on time right now...

No, God has not gifted me with the gift of tongues.

Sevenseas, "...A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven." John 3:25 so, fret not whom God hast not given tongues to. Tongues is not a badge of super spiritually or an exclusive group.

​Those who have not the gift of speaking a language they have not learned, should be frightened to call a gift of the Spirit jibber-jabber, they know not of which they speak. They do not know of the "rest" that speaking in tongues bring.

I judge not anyone, I speak according to what I have experienced and it has been a blessing, am I sanctified, no, am I an example of Christian living, no.

Tongues is often referenced to as a lesser gift and listed last. (1 Cor. 14:27) I agree not all people speak in tongues. (1 Cor. 14:30) Tongues are a supplement to help unbelievers hear God’s Good News through Jesus Christ. (1 Cor. 14:22) Tongues (with interpretion) are for the benefit of the Church to spread God's Word. (1 Cor 14:12)

1 Corinthians 14:27-31

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. 28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? 31 But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.

1 Corinthians 14:12

Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

i might add that a prayer tongue is for times when there are just not words.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

God gave me the gifts of His prayer language , speaking in tongues and singing in tongues.

When I go into my prayer time ...I ask Jesus to pour His blood over me and to protect me.

Simply because , the blood protects me from any demonic interferance , that could occur while I am praying.

For as I am beginning to break through the spiritual realm ....and yeilding over to the Holy Spirits leading praying in tongues.

There are 3 different realms to get to Gods' throne of grace. When the Holy Spirit lifts up in prayer ...with using my vocals to speak in tongues.

1. earthly atmosphere

2. principallities

3. God His heavenly place.

It took me many years to understand the ...why am I speaking in tongues ? Its another way to pray to God, perfectly.

But, through the Holy Spirit Praying for us ....He wants this other type of communication with us.

Because , it is Gods' doing...His gift to you.

If you receive it ...please continue with it. Some don't continue with it ...but, thats o.k. for that is between you and God .

I kept with it for years now... and the Holy Spirit helps me pray perfect to God.

I can pray to God in english ...then the Holy Spirit lifts that prayer for me to God in His own perfect way.

Its like this...

I pray and the Holy Spirit prays for me. My opinion... ( I think it is Jesus , praying ) using this unknown language.

Jesus is our teacher and so is the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is our helper and so is the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is our Shepherd and so is the Holy Spirit who leads.

Jesus is our everything.

We have an awesome God !

I put on the full armor of God each morning.

It is not necessary, for a born again christian to speak in tongues. They are still saved.

It is a wonderful gift of God.

I heard a pastor say, he kept praying to God for the gift of speaking in tongues...and he did receive it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Great post Eagle & true of an assembly setting, but I was talking about private, intimate prayer time spent with God. At those times, when I exhaust my own language, the Holy Spirit allows for further, deeper conversation with my Father. It brings a refreshing to me, even if I don't 'know' the language. I just trust the Spirit, because He does know.

Jude v20,21~ But you, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

In this crazy world we find ourselves in at the moment, I can use all the "building up" I can get.

Hello Sister,

Please receive this in the spirit it is intended. I don't have all the answers but I believe God's Word does.

Regarding Jude 20 & 21… I believe every time I pray to God I’m praying “in the Holy Ghost.” I don’t have to speak in tongues to do so. Do you disagree?

I believe what the Bible says to be true. Biblically, tongues are a sign for unbelievers. See underlined below verse 22.

E. Tongues are for the not for the Body of Christ but for unbelievers – that they might hear the Good News of God’s Word and believe that Jesus is Lord!

22 Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is not for unbelievers but for believers.

Spiritual gifts are given as assistance to the Bride of Christ through the Holy Spirit to empower the Church to be more effective in reaching others for Christ and edifying the Body of Christ.

Can a Believer pray in their own little special language to God? Sure. In Christ it is permissible. Is it beneficial?

1 Corinthians 10:13

All things are lawful [also translated permissible] for me, but not all things are helpful [also translated beneficial]; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.

The Bible says in 1 Cor. 14:14 that such prayer is unfruitful.

14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful.

The implication then is that as a Christian there are other things that are more fruitful to spend time on such as memorizing God’s Word, praying intelligibly to God, studying the Bible with other Believers, etc.

Further, we are called to wise with our time and understand what the will of our Lord is. Respectfully I submit that there are better things to do with our time other than speaking in tongues such as praising God with song and hymns, giving thanks to God, and in humility submitting to one another in love and in the fear of God. (See Eph 5:15-20)

Ephesians 5:15-20

15 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, 16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, 20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 21 submitting to one another in the fear of God.

I personally believe the theology of a personal prayer language is errant, extra-Biblical teaching based on these passages. I’m sure my charismatic brothers and sisters would beg to differ.

Do you agree or disagree? If you disagree please give Biblical evidence. ;)

In Christ,

Eagle

I believe a person can pray in their native tongue & be praying by the Spirit, as He leads. I hate to hear that you think a "personal prayer language is errant". I know what I have received from the Father & will continue to pray,sing,praise,, with my understanding & with the spiritual tongue.

Do you think that people that speak in tongues don't do the other things God requires of us in His word?

I really don't understand what the problem is with tongues being used in personal time with Father. It builds me up & refreshes me & gives me a closeness with our Father that I love to experience, so it is beneficial.. How is that a waste of time? How can this be viewed as errant? Do you not want your brothers & sisters in Christ to be built up & refreshed in spirit? Do you not want that yourself? We can build each other up & encourage one another, but there isn't always someone around when you need that. But God our Father is always there.

I just don't understand the problem ??

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

God gave me the gifts of His prayer language , speaking in tongues and singing in tongues.

When I go into my prayer time ...I ask Jesus to pour His blood over me and to protect me.

Simply because , the blood protects me from any demonic interference , that could occur while I am praying.

For as I am beginning to break through the spiritual realm ....and yielding over to the Holy Spirits leading praying in tongues.

There are 3 different realms to get to Gods' throne of grace. When the Holy Spirit lifts up in prayer ...with using my vocals to speak in tongues.

1. earthly atmosphere

2. principalities

It took me many years to understand the ...why am I speaking in tongues ? Its another way to pray to God, perfectly.

But, through the Holy Spirit Praying for us ....He wants this other type of communication with us.

If you receive it ...please continue with it. Some don't continue with it ...but, thats o.k. for that is between you and God .

I kept with it for years now... and the Holy Spirit helps me pray perfect to God.

I can pray to God in English ...then the Holy Spirit lifts that prayer for me to God in His own perfect way.

Its like this...

I pray and the Holy Spirit prays for me. My opinion... ( I think it is Jesus , praying ) using this unknown language.

Jesus is our everything.

We have an awesome God !

It is not necessary, for a born again christian to speak in tongues. They are still saved.

I heard a pastor say, he kept praying to God for the gift of speaking in tongues...and he did receive it.

Thanks for sharing sister. :)

I'm curious if you believe that those who don't speak in tongues are second class Christians? The reason I ask is because I have some Pentecostal friends who believe so.

As to the pastor's comment about how he kept asking God for the gift of tongues - What if God had said no? Would that have meant the pastor didn't have enough faith?

Really curious as to this. I will admit my experience with fellow Believers who have a personal prayer language is limited.

In Christ,

Eagle

Simply because , the blood protects me from any demonic interference , that could occur while I am praying.

For as I am beginning to break through the spiritual realm ....and yielding over to the Holy Spirits leading praying in tongues.

1. earthly atmosphere

2. principalities

I can pray to God in English ...then the Holy Spirit lifts that prayer for me to God in His own perfect way.

Its like this...

Jesus is our everything.

We have an awesome God !

Thanks for sharing sister. :)

I'm curious if you believe that those who don't speak in tongues are second class Christians? The reason I ask is because I have some Pentecostal friends who believe so.

As to the pastor's comment about how he kept asking God for the gift of tongues - What if God had said no? Would that have meant the pastor didn't have enough faith?

Really curious as to this. I will admit my experience with fellow Believers who have a personal prayer language is limited.

In Christ,

Eagle

:) Your answer to the Pentecostal belief ...tell them that God does not put a brand on His children. That they are wrong .

why ?

Because , We all have the same Holy Spirit with-in us. ... inform them of that , o.k.

God doesn't separate His children and puts favoritism in one group and then , another group.

God give of His gifts as He wills.

About faith ?

I didn't have to do anything to receive the gift of speaking in tonuges.

I was at home , when I first receive the gift.,,it came out flowing... out of my mouth . A few words . Then , a little more later, as time progressed.

I just yeilded myself over to the Holy Spirit to use my vocals. Some people get scared and don't continue with it.

And, God knows that.

There is nothing to fear and God will not harm you. He Loves you.

If a person continues to allow the Holy Spirit to take over in speaking in tongues, you will grow more spiritually, with the Lord.

IT is easier to pray , and easier for God to help you understand His spirit realm ,and He teaches you things.

Years later ...

The gift of singing in tongues came forth through me, as when the pastors' wife was singing in tongues standing near me. At the alter call, in church.

Oh and by the way... if a person says ...I want to teach you how to speak in tongues .. and they begin to speak, a few words in tongues, as for you to repeat

after them . DON'T ! No one can teach you how to speak in tongues. This is not of God.

Only the Holy Spirit ...does it flowing forth out of your mouth...when God wants it to happen.

All I know is ...you can pray for His gift of speaking in tongues. It is not wrong to ask Him of any spiritual gift.

But, only God can answer you on this.

This guy I know said , that he received the Gift of speaking in tongues in his sleep.

Yes, there are groups that even believe if you don't pray in tongues you can't be saved because you don't have the Spirit of God. I have yet to get one to show me the scripture to back that up.

Tongues is like anything else God has promised. If you value it enough, and it's important enough, then you will seek it. If you seek it, you will find it.

Jesus Is Lord.

Exactly