• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

1 Corinthians 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

I believe you misunderstand this verse. By saying the tongues of men and angels, he is contrasting them one from the other. Clearly marking them as different one from the other.

2nd, yes it was understood by the people around, but that is tongues in operation in church setting, not tongues for personal prayer, which edifies or builds up the speaker in the inner man.

3rd. If it's not for today, then your discounting a lot. For instance, the Holy Spirit spoke chinese through me once to minister, even though I don't know 1 bit of the langauge. The Holy Spirit spoke eskimo through my mother to witness to some people years ago. I've partaken and witnessed this in operation, all of it to bring glory to God and people closer to Christ. So, if it's not for today, then how did this happen?

The nowadays tongue speaking is also commonly called a "prayer language.” Those practicing the false tongue speaking of nowadays, they believe they are speaking a prayer language, and that in this type of praying it is somehow deeper and more revealing about themselves to God, and more personal than praying with their native language with words they understand. However, that is not scriptural, and that even goes against the Word of God.

Calling the false tongue speaking a "prayer language" is from an error in understanding of the scriptures explaining speaking in tongues when no one is around who understands. It is important to realize that after the believers in the bible had the gift of speaking in tongues for the sign to the Jews...they kept the gift even when the Jews of other languages were not around. Therefore, the tongue speakers spoke only to God when they spoke in tongues they did not understand and when no Jews from other languages were there, because, God, of course, can understand all the earthly languages.

I pray in an unknown tongue and pray witth the understanding also. Recoginze this verse, paul says it. If you pray in unknown tongue, Then God will give you the understanding. For years, if I'm speaking in tongues or someone else is around me, God always gives me the understanding if I ask, and sometimes even if I don't. I agree there is a lot of people who got it wrong. I'll give you that. People who operate in emotion and not being lead of the Spirit. But that don't mean the real thing isn't here.

Tongues have ceased.

According to whom? I've seen that other thread, where that is being discussed, so I'll not do it here. I'll simply say God bless you. Because I see no further reason to continue this, when you are convinced you all ready have all the answers and there is no chance that you are wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Speaking in tongues was a gift given, a sign, given (Isaiah 28:11) during the laying of the foundation of the Church (Hebrews 2:4). It was a sign to the Jews (Acts 2:6). Speaking in tongues has served God's purpose, God has given the sign (1Cor 14:21), and God has laid the foundation (Eph 2:20). Speaking in tongues by the Gentiles showed the Jews that God granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life (Acts 11:18). Tongue speakers spoke mysteries (1 Cor 14:2); consequently, the mystery of the gospel has been given (Eph 6:19). Speaking in tongues is the language of angels (1 Cor 13:1), angels minister to humans (Hebrews 1:14). Humans are to understand speaking in tongues in earthly languages (Acts 2:6, 11). Speaking in tongues would be “stilled” (1 Cor 13:8).

The believers in the Bible times who spoke in tongues, they spoke in tongues supernaturally. The believers who supposedly speak in tongues nowadays, they speak gibberish and believe God turns their gibberish into supernatural language, and that is a false doctrine.

Ridiculous. The Holy Spirit is still active. I think we would know if He had left, because the world would no longer be here.

You should watch yourself and be more careful in what you say others say.

What you said is ridiculous! You imply that I said the Holy Spirit left, is an active, and no longer here! I did not ever say what you falsely accuse me of saying.

That goes both ways, our new friend. You are basically saying that those who know the gifts are still active today are wrong and are following false doctrine when you cake claims about those who still are being used by God, saying "The believers who supposedly speak in tongues nowadays, they speak gibberish and believe God turns their gibberish into supernatural language, and that is a false doctrine."

The gifts are still active today. The problem is that false gifts happen to be spoken of more then the real gifts. This is because people flock to see "signs and wonders" more than to understand the word of God. To claim they no longer exist and are false doctrine is in fact a false teaching in itself.

By the way, I do not see seavenseas as twisting your words, but speaking what she believes as true. You should read replies to you more carefully.

Tongues have ceased.

Please provide scripture to back you claim, not just a reference to scripture, but scripture itself.

This thread is beginning to become personal and not focusing on the subject at hand. Stop doing this or your posts will be removed.

From the ToS:

Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster.
We also strongly discourage giving out personal information such as email addresses, physical addresses and phone numbers on the public boards. Any information given out in private is at your own discretion and risk. (Eph. 4: 29)

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned.
(Lev. 19:18)

Wow, I don't even know what to say, or where to begin with that one, lol.

I think we might be in receipt of a week end teacher/prophet......but don't quote me on that. Anyway, like I always say, asking questions and discussing is fine, but being threatened and warned

by someone who is representing themself as a saved person causes me to give pause to what they say.

Here I was thinking the only person who knew it all was God, how silly of me.

Are you sure you do not think you do?

I know I don't, and if you would go through my posts, on this subject or any other, you would see that. I recently started a thread titled " Hate mother and father" which is asking a question about verses I've struggled with from time to time. But Let me ask you something. Is your doctrine 100% perfect in every way? Do you open the word to confirm your opinion, or to recieve God's truth? Just curious

Why are you asking me those questions? You already judged me, and now you want to ask questions.

God bless you

1 Corinthians 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

I believe you misunderstand this verse. By saying the tongues of men and angels, he is contrasting them one from the other. Clearly marking them as different one from the other.

2nd, yes it was understood by the people around, but that is tongues in operation in church setting, not tongues for personal prayer, which edifies or builds up the speaker in the inner man.

3rd. If it's not for today, then your discounting a lot. For instance, the Holy Spirit spoke chinese through me once to minister, even though I don't know 1 bit of the langauge. The Holy Spirit spoke eskimo through my mother to witness to some people years ago. I've partaken and witnessed this in operation, all of it to bring glory to God and people closer to Christ. So, if it's not for today, then how did this happen?

The nowadays tongue speaking is also commonly called a "prayer language.” Those practicing the false tongue speaking of nowadays, they believe they are speaking a prayer language, and that in this type of praying it is somehow deeper and more revealing about themselves to God, and more personal than praying with their native language with words they understand. However, that is not scriptural, and that even goes against the Word of God.

Calling the false tongue speaking a "prayer language" is from an error in understanding of the scriptures explaining speaking in tongues when no one is around who understands. It is important to realize that after the believers in the bible had the gift of speaking in tongues for the sign to the Jews...they kept the gift even when the Jews of other languages were not around. Therefore, the tongue speakers spoke only to God when they spoke in tongues they did not understand and when no Jews from other languages were there, because, God, of course, can understand all the earthly languages.

I pray in an unknown tongue and pray witth the understanding also. Recoginze this verse, paul says it. If you pray in unknown tongue, Then God will give you the understanding. For years, if I'm speaking in tongues or someone else is around me, God always gives me the understanding if I ask, and sometimes even if I don't. I agree there is a lot of people who got it wrong. I'll give you that. People who operate in emotion and not being lead of the Spirit. But that don't mean the real thing isn't here.

Tongues have ceased.

According to whom? I've seen that other thread, where that is being discussed, so I'll not do it here. I'll simply say God bless you. Because I see no further reason to continue this, when you are convinced you all ready have all the answers and there is no chance that you are wrong.

I know I am not wrong about tongues. Do you think you are right about it? If you say yes, then why do you attack me for being confident in what I know?

When exactly did I attack you. I made a joke to sevenseas about God being the only one who knows it all. Me and seven have a long history. At one point, I would have said that about seven, and seven would have probably said that about me. If you misunderstood, I'm sorry, If you would rather do this in private messages, to avoid further public misunderstandings, then I will. I've lived what I'm saying. It's not about being right. It's about God being glorified and people being led to Christ, which has happened through me through the use of tongues. Now God bless you

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Me and seven have a long history. At one point, I would have said that about seven, and seven would have probably said that about me. If you misunderstood, I'm sorry, If you would rather do this in private messages, to avoid further public misunderstandings, then I will. I've lived what I'm saying. It's not about being right. It's about God being glorified and people being led to Christ, which has happened through me through the use of tongues. Now God bless you

peace fire.....it doesn't matter...we don't need to prove that which is true and lets not trip on the pearls ;)

Me and seven have a long history. At one point, I would have said that about seven, and seven would have probably said that about me. If you misunderstood, I'm sorry, If you would rather do this in private messages, to avoid further public misunderstandings, then I will. I've lived what I'm saying. It's not about being right. It's about God being glorified and people being led to Christ, which has happened through me through the use of tongues. Now God bless you

peace fire.....it doesn't matter...we don't need to prove that which is true and lets not trip on the pearls ;)

:bighug:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

mutual...thanks so much...I'm glad we both stuck around to get to know and understand each other better! :)

Thread closed for review and cleanup